• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Time to change where we get our oil from...

NeilPearson

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
"According to the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board, Alberta's oil sand deposits contain approximately 1.7 trillion barrels of bitumen, of which over 175 billion are recoverable with current technology, and 315 billion barrels are utimately recoverable with technological advances. The Athasbasca Oil Sands Deposit is, by itself, the largest petroleum resource in the world."

I remember in grade school, growing up in Alberta Canada, we were told the same thing. There is more oil in Alberta than Saudia Arabia. So why is all the oil coming from the middle east?

The answer they gave back then (80s) was it was too expensive with the current technology to extract the oil from the sands. Doing so would force gas prices up to about $1.50 a gallon before it was economical to do so. Oil companies can get oil cheaper from the middle east.

And they still can get it cheaper from the middle east. Unless of course you factor in the price of the wars... but that is coming out of the tax payers pocket not the oil companies pocket so guess what, middle east oil is still important.

Maybe the Americans(and Canadians) could start driving more economical cars??????? :hmmm:

get serious about finding alternative fuels?

I remember reading that there are over 500 million barrels worth of petroleum under Iraq. Why don't we just steal it like we steal everything else?

isn't what what the liberals have been crying since the war started? Oh wait, we never got the so called oil from the oil war:laugh:

KentDog said:
I remember reading that there are over 500 million barrels worth of petroleum under Iraq. Why don't we just steal it like we steal everything else?
We already are ...

Nick+ said:
Maybe the Americans(and Canadians) could start driving more economical cars??????? :hmmm:
Just because you drive a shitty little European car doesn't mean that everyone else has to.

BoneCrusher said:
We already are ...
you and eveyone else wishes...it sure helped out w/ our gas prices huh:laugh:

cfs3 said:
Just because you drive a shitty little European car doesn't mean that everyone else has to.

I'm a Ford truck man....:funny: :funny: :funny:

IML Gear Cream!
cfs3 said:

No, you just keep driving your bulky asshole over powered piece of shit cfs3.

lnvanry said:
you and eveyone else wishes...it sure helped out w/ our gas prices huh:laugh:

It has nothing to do with lowering gas prices. Oil company CEO's saw record profits after jacking prices up. :rolleyes:

Nick+ said:
No, you just keep driving your bulky asshole over powered piece of shit cfs3.
I drive a 4 popper, Frenchie. The primary reasons that Europeans drive small cars has nothing to do with the economy. It's a lack of native oil reserves and small streets.

cfs3 said:
I drive a 4 popper, Frenchie. The primary reasons that Europeans drive small cars has nothing to do with the economy. It's a lack of native oil reserves and small streets.

Whats a 4 popper? :) 4CV? 4 cylinder.

Listen there's more and more people in Europe buying and driving big un-economical 4Wheel drives around Nissans/Jeeps /landrovers whatever.The smaller roads, lack of local oil, and higher fuel prices don't turn them off one bit! (And these are usually peoplewho have got more money and live in towns.The local farmers get up to their vine yards on muddy tracks with 2 wheel drive 1.4litre Citroen minivans)
:)

Nick+ said:
Whats a 4 popper? :) 4CV? 4 cylinder.

Listen there's more and more people in Europe buying and driving big un-economical 4Wheel drives around Nissans/Jeeps /landrovers whatever.The smaller roads, lack of local oil, and higher fuel prices don't turn them off one bit! (And these are usually peoplewho have got more money and live in towns.The local farmers get up to their vine yards on muddy tracks with 2 wheel drive 1.4litre Citroen minivans)
:)
Yes, "4 popper" is slang for a 4 cylinder engine. I just can't picture a full-size SUV on the roads of Paris. It would end up looking like a monster truck rally.

BigDyl said:
It has nothing to do with lowering gas prices. Oil company CEO's saw record profits after jacking prices up. :rolleyes:

Which is my whole point, we don't need middle east oil at all - even without alternate energy. But then the oil companies would just be making less money per gallon. It's a horribly corrupt, greedy industry and the government just backs it up making us pay more in taxes to secure unnecessary areas of the world, just so the oil companies can have record profits.

cfs3 said:
Yes, "4 popper" is slang for a 4 cylinder engine. I just can't picture a full-size SUV on the roads of Paris. It would end up looking like a monster truck rally.

I'm a long way from Paris (about 600miles + possibly), but there's a fair amount of big 4x4's around compared to ten years ago. It's just a bit threatening when I'm sitting in my tiny car and these mad french drivers in these monsters come racing towards me on small lanes.......... :(

Americans are bullies and cowards.....thats why they drive huge vehicles ( and drive them poorly). Some even make the mistake getting out of their huge vehicles when someone will not submit to them.......thinking they are huge...then they bitch for a second......get scared and jump back in their huge Truck and drive away like the little pussy's they are...

Love it.

ForemanRules said:
Americans are bullies and cowards.....thats why they drive huge vehicles ( and drive them poorly). Some even make the mistake getting out of their huge vehicles when someone will not submit to them.......thinking they are huge...then they bitch for a second......get scared and jump back in their huge Truck and drive away like the little pussy's they are...

Love it.

I have to agree with this. A couple of a months back a redneck pulled this shit on me with his f-150 with a 20 foot lift kit. When I was trying to cross the street he sped up and nearly hit me. I made an agressive gesture, and he backed up. He got out, looked at me, then got back in..

Not at all......many people have this attitude.

Back