• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

HIIT and aerobic capacity

njc

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
what impact do you guys fell that HIIT has on aerobic capacity?

do you feel that it would have a big or small impact on increasing endurance?

The great thing about HIIT is that it should increase efficiency of aerobic and anaerobic pathways pretty well. However, there are certainly better ways to maximize your aerobic capacity if you are training for something like a marathon.

What are you trying to accomplish with your cardio?

CowPimp said:
The great thing about HIIT is that it should increase efficiency of aerobic and anaerobic pathways pretty well. However, there are certainly better ways to maximize your aerobic capacity if you are training for something like a marathon.

What are you trying to accomplish with your cardio?
Fatloss, increased endurance and the other positive heath benefits attributed to cardio

njc said:
Fatloss, increased endurance and the other positive heath benefits attributed to cardio

It is my opinion that higher intensity exercise is superior for fat loss. By the same token, you will certainly reap the positive health benefits attributed to cardio by performing HIIT. Why don't you try doing a little of both? Maybe alternate every other session?

I think for fat loss, HIIT is definitely the way to go. For endurance though, I really don't think there's any replacement for actually grinding out the time.

musclepump said:
I think for fat loss, HIIT is definitely the way to go. For endurance though, I really don't think there's any replacement for actually grinding out the time.
No youre defenitely right there

I was just wondering to what extent HIIT may benefit endurance

I think maybe ill rotate my cardio each session

12 minute jog/sprint HIIT for one session then 30-45 moderately intense minutes on the eliptical for the other. 3 Sessions a week

I just started some occasional HIIT type cardio.....it kicks my ass.

Back