• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

hernia

goandykid

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I did a little research (alot of little) and I'm a little worried.

I wanna say i ahve a bump, but it's more liek a raised area jsut below my hip bone.

It can sometimes seem uncomfortable and very rarely hurts, which makes me lean away from the hernia possibility, but beyond that it has alot of similiarities to a (inguinal?) hernia.

It can be pushd back in almost, but comes back out. Not sharp or ahrd, but like pushing in gelish stuff, compounded into one area.

I hate doctors and in this case trust some people here more w/ sports related injuries. I've had it atleast a few months and it seems to ahve gotten a little larger.

thanks ALOT for any help,
andy

Hernia's hurt really really bad. How long has it been there? Pics?

ihateschoolmt said:

basically the pubic region, so no go on the pics. Yea i've gotta pain "spikes" from there once ina blue moon, but not very painful at all. Been there atleast a few months, maybe up to 5-6 tops?

goandykid said:
basically the pubic region, so no go on the pics. Yea i've gotta pain "spikes" from there once ina blue moon, but not very painful at all. Been there atleast a few months, maybe up to 5-6 tops?
It doesn't have any other abnormalities besides being a lump does it? Like color or texture?

ihateschoolmt said:
It doesn't have any other abnormalities besides being a lump does it? Like color or texture?

no not at all, jsut a lump, a raised area about an inch higher than the other side,

it soft, doesnt hurt , soemtimes it can get harder, I thin when im straining something, especially abs, which makes me think its a hernia.

this sucks. :scared:

Where exactly is it? Find a picture on the internet of a leg and put an arrow to the part were it is. I have a really small lump around the spot you are talking about, but that is just my femoral artery crossing over my sartorius. I can't think of anything that would make your artery do that though.

I uploaded a picture, its basically where the inguinal one is, but on my left side.

right in the pubic region, but not has solid or defined as it is in the picture.

thanks for the help btw

ihateschoolmt said:
:confused:

goandykid said:
lol :read:

happy thanksgiving all, im out for tonite
I'm, 100% Native American....................and I take offense to that comment :mad:

IML Gear Cream!
ForemanRules said:
I'm, 100% Native American....................and I take offense to that comment :mad:

haha, bump pleassssse

Last edited:
cmon you apathetic basatrds :p

ihateschoolmt said:
Not always.

Go get it checked out. Having a hernia is not that big of a deal, just have surgery and then your better than before :thumbs:

Rocco32 said:
Go get it checked out. Having a hernia is not that big of a deal, just have surgery and then your better than before :thumbs:

Yea, i know the logical decision is doctors, but i was jsut hoping there was some simple explanation. I don't like doctors, and being a minor it would worry my mom if i told her i thought i had a hernia.

IYO what might it be?

goandykid said:
Yea, i know the logical decision is doctors, but i was jsut hoping there was some simple explanation. I don't like doctors, and being a minor it would worry my mom if i told her i thought i had a hernia.

IYO what might it be?
Well, if you get pain spikes there sometimes I'd say it's a hernia. If it was just a mass you could move around but NEVER hurt it could be a lipoma but that is a very weird place to have one. It kinda sounds like hernia to me.

Rocco's right!
I have had inguinal hernia surgery, I have an umbilical hernia and lipomas (fatty deposits). In my personal experience, I think lipomas can be moved around under the skin more. Hernias are more of a fixed location that is sore to the touch with pain expanding deeper and far beyond the sight
Could be either. Best thing is check with a doctor if pain becomes like an intense burning or deep soreness when you push on it. That would be a hernia.
Usually pressure or exertion from lifting on the abdominal wall will cause a hernia to push through the tear causing more soreness and more tearing worsening the pain over time.
If it's a hernia over time you will know it it. It starts out pretty insignificant. In time the pain can be pretty intense.
Lipomas are generally benign and painless unless severely bumped.
I hope this helps!

shm353 said:
Rocco's right!
I have had inguinal hernia surgery, I have an umbilical hernia and lipomas (fatty deposits). In my personal experience, I think lipomas can be moved around under the skin more. Hernias are more of a fixed location that is sore to the touch with pain expanding deeper and far beyond the sight
Could be either. Best thing is check with a doctor if pain becomes like an intense burning or deep soreness when you push on it. That would be a hernia.
Usually pressure or exertion from lifting on the abdominal wall will cause a hernia to push through the tear causing more soreness and more tearing worsening the pain over time.
If it's a hernia over time you will know it it. It starts out pretty insignificant. In time the pain can be pretty intense.
Lipomas are generally benign and painless unless severely bumped.
I hope this helps!

Yes it helps alot, thanks man

it rarely hurts, and when it does it might be unrelated? I'll try to schedule a doctor appt soon and update you guys on what happens.

If its a hernia or lipoma, whats the doc gonna hafta do?

goandykid said:
Yes it helps alot, thanks man

it rarely hurts, and when it does it might be unrelated? I'll try to schedule a doctor appt soon and update you guys on what happens.

If its a hernia or lipoma, whats the doc gonna hafta do?

Good idea, see a doctor. It will help put your mind at ease.

Lipomas are considered more of a cosmetic issue, normally benign fat deposit. Not a big concern although there are some rare forms that can be a problem. I read that it's genetic. My Doc says some experts think it could also be from a deep bruise injury that caused a trapped collection of fat cells. Who knows - They can excise the lump or use liposuction under local anesthesia.

Some people live with a small hernia for years until they become larger or more painful. Over lifting will exacerbate the problem. You can actually be born with a hernia. They are very common.
A severe hernia would require surgery, a repair of the abdominal wall sometimes with a small piece of mesh for support. I have had that.
Recovery takes about 2-4 weeks of light duty.

In time, left alone and untreated, a severe hernia can cut off the blood supply to the protruded portion of the gut and cause gangrene. Not good.

My doctor did say that people that get hernia's are prone to getting more of them. I guess it's a weakness in the abdominal wall. I'm on my second one around the navel.
But then again, if i knew I'd be around this long, I'd taken better care of myself.
:laugh:

Finally got it checked out last week after almost a year, had surgery today.

Inguinal hernia, had the open surgery instead of laproscopic since it was only on the left side, and had mesh put in. This sucks though, hurts more now than the hernia did, and im bleeding through my stitches

IML Gear Cream!
And I cant shower, stand up straight, or bend very well either

You are all heartless non posters, my pint of new york super fudge chunk and my 360 are my only real friends.

Figured I'd update this...

Got really drunk last night, think I tore the mesh. Getting it checked out soon, only hurts when I move my legs together, kind of like the motion to cross your legs.

And for a side note, not only do I not remember how I did it, but I woke up in my bed and my right index finger was sort of sliced open. I checked my pockets from last night and I had taken this miniature plastic stanley cup home with me from my friend's roommate's room, and it broke in my pocket.

Figured I'd update this...

Got really drunk last night, think I tore the mesh. Getting it checked out soon, only hurts when I move my legs together, kind of like the motion to cross your legs.
Tore the mesh? Now?

I'm sorry about this, I didn't even know this happened to you.
Are you still training?

Now or how? Thanks for caring I was just updating for the adoring masses who followed and participated in this thread.

I have no idea how i tore the mesh, I remember wrestling a friend of mine, but only going a jokingly 10-20%, so I doubt that could have been it. We had some intense beer pong going, hence the stanley cup being passed around, but I dont remember any excessive celebrations.

And yea I'm still training, I had my last hernia for a long long time before I got it repaired, if it gets bad again I'll go in for surgery, but no rush right now. Who knows, maybe itll heal itself in a bit.

Sorry to hear about that mesh problem. :(

On the up side, if the teevee and movie industries need plots for their projects, they can just come to IM and read some of the members' stories. :D

Haha, true. And thanks for the digital hugs. I'll update this in 8-12 months when I actually get my lazy ass to the doctor's.

Back