• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What will I achieve with this Routine ? Please advise.

silencer

Ascendo tuum
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am trying to bulk, not excessively, but a steady weight gain, on the other hand I need to massively improve my fitness, as this would involve excessive amounts of cardio it kind of contradicts each other, anyway I would like to know what you think I will achieve out of this routine, oh yea, and I am pretty much just starting to get into weight training again after a large break, I've done is for a little over 2 weeks now, and muscle is already coming hard and fast(must be the memory), anyway enough of the crap, here's my routine(I just wrote it up today, and did Mondays workout today ie Sunday, but I will take monday off and then start the written routine from Tuesday) :

Monday:

Jog 1.5 Miles (2.4km) from where I live to the gym (15/16mins)

Chest (Bench press incline/Flat 2 sets each, reps 5-7)
( Dumbell Flyes ,3 sets 5-7 reps)

Shoulders (Arnold Dumbell Press, 3 sets 6-8 reps)
(Should Press Machine, 3 sets 5-7 reps)
(Side laterals 3 sets 6-8 reps)

Triceps (Tricep Pull Down, 3 sets 8-10 reps)

Jog 1.5 Miles back home (15/16 mins)

Tuesday:

Jog 1.5 miles to the gym

30 minutes swimming

Best effort on 1.5miles back home

Wednesday:

Jog 1.5 miles to the gym

Back (Lat Pull down, 2 sets, 6-8reps)
(V-Bar Pull Down 2 sets, 6-8reps)
(Machine, Rower 3 sets 6-8 reps)
(Stiff legged Dead lifts 3 sets 6-8 reps)

Biceps (Concentration curls 3 sets 6-8reps)
(Alternate dumbell curls 3 sets 6-8 reps)
Shitty Gym doesn't have bar to do preacher curls...

Jog back 1.5 miles home

Thursday:

Jog 1.5 miles to Gym (15/16 mins)

Swim 30 minutes

Best effort 1.5 miles back home

Friday OFF

Saturday:

Jog 1.5Miles to gym

Legs: (Squats 3 sets 6-8 reps)
(Leg press 3 sets 6-8 reps)
(Leg extensions 3 sets 6-8reps)
(Seated Leg curl 3 sets 6-8reps)

Abs 50 crunches (3 sets)

crawl home 1.5 miles.

Sunday OFF

I would also like to point out My "jogs" are not easy on me, its not a casual jog, I actually am sweating and panting etc and breathing hard, and when I arrive at the gym I chill out in the steam room for 10 mins just to catch my breath and relax.

My Calories are pretty high 4000calories (+/- 500), I'm generally quite clean and I usually consume 2 grams of protein per lb of body weight. I'm 6'2" , 203 Lbs, 21 years old.

All advice/criticism/comments welcome. -Thanks in advance

that alot of cardio, a shitload if ur try to bulk

I think your routine looks pretty good. I might do a couple of things differently myself, but all in all you seem to be headed in the right direction with your training. Most anything I suggest would be nitpicking and/or personal preference.

The only thing I would suggest is to alternate your repetition ranges a little more. Anything from 1-20 repetitions would be valuable from time to time. It is better to mix it up so that you properly stimulate as many different types of muscle fibers as possible.

CowPimp said:
I think your routine looks pretty good. I might do a couple of things differently myself, but all in all you seem to be headed in the right direction with your training. Most anything I suggest would be nitpicking and/or personal preference.

The only thing I would suggest is to alternate your repetition ranges a little more. Anything from 1-20 repetitions would be valuable from time to time. It is better to mix it up so that you properly stimulate as many different types of muscle fibers as possible.

Yea, you have a good point there actually, I think every 3rd week with the big 3 i'll do a 12-15 rep range. Also once every 3 weeks I'll probably swap the swim for a the stationary bike or Rower.

And by all means state your personal preferences and Nitpick as much as you want, I might have overseen something. Also There are a couple of things I would have liked to have done such as SkullCrushers and Preachers curls, but its a small gym, and it's mainly intended for Fitness so the variation of free weights isn't exaclty spectacular unfortunately.

Okay, well I would organize my workouts so that they always end in isolation movements and start with the compounds. I don't like organizing things by body part. For example, I would do flys right after your overhead pressing for Monday's workout.

Also, I would be doing stiff legged deadlifts on leg day. It probably won't really be hurting anything to have it on back day, but stiff legged deadlifts are generally considered a leg exercise as much as I hate classifying exercises by body part. I would do them right after squats, or maybe after leg presses.

If you're going to be doing all that anterior/lateral delt work, then I would also do some posterior delt work to balance it out on pull day. I think face pulls are great, but high rows and reverse flys would also do the trick. Antagonistic muscle imbalances can lead to injury and/or postural issues.

Instead of doing 2 types of pulldowns with different handles I would incorporate some type of pullup. I would probably also incorporate some type of freeweight rowing movement.

CowPimp said:
Okay, well I would organize my workouts so that they always end in isolation movements and start with the compounds. I don't like organizing things by body part. For example, I would do flys right after your overhead pressing for Monday's workout.

Also, I would be doing stiff legged deadlifts on leg day. It probably won't really be hurting anything to have it on back day, but stiff legged deadlifts are generally considered a leg exercise as much as I hate classifying exercises by body part. I would do them right after squats, or maybe after leg presses.

If you're going to be doing all that anterior/lateral delt work, then I would also do some posterior delt work to balance it out on pull day. I think face pulls are great, but high rows and reverse flys would also do the trick. Antagonistic muscle imbalances can lead to injury and/or postural issues.

Instead of doing 2 types of pulldowns with different handles I would incorporate some type of pullup. I would probably also incorporate some type of freeweight rowing movement.

Yea, I didn't exactly put them in the order I was going to do them in, sorry for being unclear, and I completely agree with starting off with Compound movements and then moving onto isolation, I do that anyway.

Regarding the stiff deadlifts, Its just that after Squats I'm usually pretty spaced out, it knocks the hell out of me, so do deadlifts...so I thought I'd put them in to focus on my lower back.

I'll definately incorporate some reverse flys, what is a face pull? (I think I might have an idea, but I couldn't find it on the exercises at bb.com)

There is nothing I can do pull ups on unfortunately, I'll speak to the gym manger, I want them to get a preacher curl bar, and a A few bars for Dips and Pullups.

Free weight Rowing exercises sounds like a good idea. Standing Dumbbell upright rows mixed with Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Rows could work.

Back