• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Article on Fasted AM Cardio

CowPimp

Fueled by Testosterone
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=40EF97CC18C9519C6EB50B0D886A3C5D.hydra?id=835725

I'm making myself a few minutes late to class reading this. It was a good read. Basically what I gathered from the article is that if you perform fasted morning cardio...

• Generally to be avoided by ectomorphs and strength/power athletes
  • Ingest a small amount of aminos (Protein) prior to the exercise.
  • Make the activity low intensity. Something like 55-65% of your max HR is a good guideline

classifying yourself as one specific body type is a mistake. the vast majority of folks fit into multiple categories. just a thought.

I can agree with that, my upper body is endo and my lower body is mesomorph. If I tried, I could prolly classify different muscles from all 3.

The13ig13adWolf said:
classifying yourself as one specific body type is a mistake. the vast majority of folks fit into multiple categories. just a thought.

Yeah, but don't get too technical. Often you can lean a little more toward one of the phenotypes. Also, I said generally, which means not the statement is not always 100% true for ectomorphs. If you are a pretty even split between ecto/endo for example, then this probably wouldn't apply to you. The point to take home is that it depends highly on your goals and genetics. That's the bottom line.

Great article. The conclusion is pretty known already, but it's nice to see some of the theories and sciences behind it.

dougnukem said:
Great article. The conclusion is pretty known already, but it's nice to see some of the theories and sciences behind it.

Indeed. Also, I think one of the most important items to take home is that higher intensity activity should be avoided in this fasted state. I have heard of a lot of people performing HIIT cardio in this state, which the experts in this article seem to pretty much agree is a bad idea.

My personal experience is that I have no need to do this. Although I could this changing as I age, I am currently able to maintain a healthy and attractive level of body fat without resorting to anything outside of a balanced diet, resistance training, and some GPP work on the side. I don't need to pull out the stops and eat low carb diets, perform fasted exercise, perform exercise in a glycogen depleted state, etc.

Back