• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pills and liver function

njc

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Any of you ever worry about the amount of pills that you take and its relation to potential effects on liver function. I mean I take a lot of pills- 6 fish oils, 4 500mg vitamin C, 2 multi vitamins, 4 CLA caps. I have read before that exessive pill consumption can become rough on the liver. Anyone else know anything of this.

Your liver will be just fine- your body just pisses out excess vitamins that it can't absorb. The problem for your liver comes from things that it has to process and detoxify like alcohol and roids. These work your liver and can poison it if they over tax its detoxifying ability. Vitamins only pose a problem if you don't drink enough water. They still won't hurt your liver but you can end up with kidney stones. So if you are taking a lot of vitamins and pissing dark yellow, make sure you keep your water uptake up. In fact, its a good idea to just chug one or two 16oz bottles every morning just to flush your system.

Cool thanks

Yeah I had never worried about it until I read somewhere that it may be of concern. I was skeptical after reading it but figured Id ask becuase ya never know.

i have a water question... i know it's not the correct thread.. anyway i'm to the point i can't stomach regular water, so i switch to vitamin water, propel can anyone tell me if this is as good for the body as regular water..

njc said:
Any of you ever worry about the amount of pills that you take and its relation to potential effects on liver function. I mean I take a lot of pills- 6 fish oils, 4 500mg vitamin C, 2 multi vitamins, 4 CLA caps. I have read before that exessive pill consumption can become rough on the liver. Anyone else know anything of this.

I worry about it every time I take something - but then again, my liver was abnormal at birth and I have to be very careful not to overstress it. I can't even take tylenol, I have to stick with regular asprin. Anyway - I agree that most the vitamins are ok, if you down alot of water, which I do anyway :p

pumped38 said:
i have a water question... i know it's not the correct thread.. anyway i'm to the point i can't stomach regular water, so i switch to vitamin water, propel can anyone tell me if this is as good for the body as regular water..

Are you serious? Don't be a wimp. Drink real water! You are getting water, but you are also taking in alot of sugar in with it.

pumped38 said:
Could you please be more specific as to why you can't handle regular H2O?

i've been drinking a gallon 1/2 gallon a day for the past 5 years.. one day i woke up tried to drink the water, which is the same water as the past 5 years. and could not drink it.. i don't think there is sugar in propel.

pumped38 said:
i've been drinking a gallon 1/2 gallon a day for the past 5 years.. one day i woke up tried to drink the water, which is the same water as the past 5 years. and could not drink it.. i don't think there is sugar in propel.
Hmm...strange. I believe Propel uses sucrose, but I could be mistaken. I just remember it having about 2g of sugar on the ingredient label.

I agree. While I don't have a bottle with me, I know I tasted the stuff once, and there has to be some kind of sugar in it, even if minimal.

I can't fathom not being able to drink water.

Back