• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Dead lift max

What is your dead lift max

• 200+

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • 250+

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • 300+

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • 350+

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • 400+

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • 450+

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • 500+

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • 550+

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 600+

• 700+

• Total voters

GFR

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
With the 1 Billion threads about the bench press and chest exercises I thought one on dead lifts would be a nice change of pace.

The only reason for so many bench threads, is that they all
want to bench 8k like you - :thumb:

Best ever (about 2 yrs ago) was 500, but currently it's 455.

Who had the 550+? What BW was that at? A fine lift for sure...

I suck at DL and Squat. I do them as much as I do everything else. They are the staple lifts in my routine. I can only DL about 315 and I only squat 275. I weight 180lbs. My BP is 245.

I couldnt lock 455 out the other day.. but i will soon. I wont vote untill im over 500. Give me a month, I weigh 206

>400, want 500 by next year's Tugfest.

2x3 with 315 lbs. I love deads, have had no trouble steadily moving more weight.

IML Gear Cream!
Squaggleboggin said:
Who had the 550+? What BW was that at? A fine lift for sure...
:confused:

If it was only one person, it was me...

in... :hmmm: 2000?...
My DL-ATPR = 590 @ 220-225ish

(I was a sack of muscle back then,
and I could only achieve that lift once,
it was a freak strength day)

The Monkey Man said:

If it was only one person, it was me...

in... :hmmm: 2000?...
My DL-ATPR = 590 @ 220-225ish

(I was a sack of muscle back then,
and I could only achieve that lift once,
it was a freak strength day)

Why the confusion? I thought it was impressive, that's all...

whats the best way to isolate your inner back??

ATOMSPLTR said:
>400, want 500 by next year's Tugfest.

I'm having my own private tugfest tonight. :thumb:

BigDyl said:
I'm having my own private tugfest tonight. :thumb:
Banned

no sexual referances
:finger:

MyK said:
whats the best way to isolate your inner back??

To isolate I'd say hypers (maybe reverse hypers, but that seems more of a ham/glute exercise), but for compund movements, of course deadlifts, rack deads, and good mornings.

IML Gear Cream!
Seanp156 said:
To isolate I'd say hypers (maybe reverse hypers, but that seems more of a ham/glute exercise), but for compund movements, of course deadlifts, rack deads, and good mornings.

uh oh, you fell for his trick question.. :eek:

Ok, who deadlifts over 700+?

305 but I don't think I deadlift right. I use to much legs.

Doublebase said:
305 but I don't think I deadlift right. I use to much legs.

If you're tall, then you have to use a lot of leg drive to get the bar off the floor.

CowPimp said:
If you're tall, then you have to use a lot of leg drive to get the bar off the floor.

I'm 6'0 even. I think thats average. My thighs, ass, traps are always sore after dl's. My lower back though is never too sore.

Maybe your lower back is stronger than the other parts. Do you usually train the posterior chain quite well? My back rarely gets sore at all, but when it does it's from heavy deads. Besides, if you do sumo style it's 90% legs, so your stance has a lot to do with it as well.

Squaggleboggin said:
Maybe your lower back is stronger than the other parts. Do you usually train the posterior chain quite well? My back rarely gets sore at all, but when it does it's from heavy deads. Besides, if you do sumo style it's 90% legs, so your stance has a lot to do with it as well.

I do squats and SLDL so I would say I train it pretty well. I don't think I do them correctly. I try to keep my back as vertical as possible. I bend down and lift. I totally feel it in my ass when I lift the weight. I think I need to make my back more horizontal. If you can find that web-site with the exercise animations I can explain it better. I do not do sumo style. Feet are shoulder width apart.

Back