NapsGear.net

          Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter


Back day... revamped for a good time

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    774
    Rep Points
    692544

    Back day... revamped for a good time






    I just changed up my back day..... I want to strengthen my back greatly as I have been lacking there (didnt really do dead lifts before this)

    Rack deadlifts 3x/4x 4-8 reps
    Good mornings 3x 5-10 reps
    pull ups - 2x as many as I can (not much)
    lat pull machine - 2x
    yates row - 3x 5-8 reps

    the reason for rack deadlifts is because i want that strength gains from deadlifts, but i dont want to incorporate my quads too much as i do them on my leg day three days later.... anybody think something is wrong with it? or if im missing something important?
    Last edited by Hlanderr; 12-12-2005 at 11:16 AM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    garethhe's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    280
    Rep Points
    2147558

    interesting. i just started doing deadlifts myself a couple weeks ago. i've been lifting from the floor, and i totally feel it in my back and it pumps me up energy-wise in the gym...but this seems to be the one and only exercise that is leaving me too sore (in my lower back) to exercise at all up to 72 hours later.

    i tend to do my legs three days later too, and i've encountered no problems in that regard.

    is it likely that i'm doing something wrong? i've watched myself in the mirror, and my back seems straight throughout the exercise. if not, is it really worth it to do deadlifts if i'm putting myself out of commission for so long?

    i've been deadlifting off the floor--maybe i should try these rack deadlifts.

  3. #3
    primeau
    lnvanry's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Points
    52198884

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlanderr
    I just changed up my back day..... I want to strengthen my back greatly as I have been lacking there (didnt really do dead lifts before this)

    Rack deadlifts 3x/4x 4-8 reps
    Good mornings 3x 5-10 reps
    pull ups - 2x as many as I can (not much)
    lat pull machine - 2x
    yates row - 3x 5-8 reps

    the reason for rack deadlifts is because i want that strength gains from deadlifts, but i dont want to incorporate my quads too much as i do them on my leg day three days later.... anybody think something is wrong with it? or if im missing something important?


    if your goal is strength and not size you need to incorporate all your muscles involving compound lifts....stick to the isolation methods if you want size(which usually doesn't incorporate deads at all).

    ALso, deads don't use your quads at all....its your hams. Since your going for strength I recommend putting your rows at the beginning of your routine.

  4. #4
    The Damned
    ELITE MEMBER
    PWGriffin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    birmingham alabama
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Points
    2061448

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlanderr
    I just changed up my back day..... I want to strengthen my back greatly as I have been lacking there (didnt really do dead lifts before this)

    Rack deadlifts 3x/4x 4-8 reps
    Good mornings 3x 5-10 reps
    pull ups - 2x as many as I can (not much)
    lat pull machine - 2x
    yates row - 3x 5-8 reps

    the reason for rack deadlifts is because i want that strength gains from deadlifts, but i dont want to incorporate my quads too much as i do them on my leg day three days later.... anybody think something is wrong with it? or if im missing something important?
    ur doing alot for ur lower back...maybe add another rowing motion from another angle...like a high row or a seated pulley row or close grip lat pulls leaning back...just a thought...My back days I do yates rows, high rows, seated pulley rows, lat pulls, close grip lat pulls, and one arm dumbell rows. I do use a very high volume and my back responds great to it...may not be for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by B40 View Post
    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?
    yeah, that shit!!!

    MySpace

  5. #5
    Functional Lifting = Life


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,537
    Rep Points
    3146125

    Quote Originally Posted by lnvanry
    if your goal is strength and not size you need to incorporate all your muscles involving compound lifts....stick to the isolation methods if you want size(which usually doesn't incorporate deads at all).

    ALso, deads don't use your quads at all....its your hams. Since your going for strength I recommend putting your rows at the beginning of your routine.
    Perhaps you're thinking of SLDLs because deads definitely use the quads to quite an extent.
    Push yourself. Enjoy yourself. Be yourself.
    Knowledge is power. Obsessed with functional strength. Journal

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    774
    Rep Points
    692544

    Quote Originally Posted by garethhe
    interesting. i just started doing deadlifts myself a couple weeks ago. i've been lifting from the floor, and i totally feel it in my back and it pumps me up energy-wise in the gym...but this seems to be the one and only exercise that is leaving me too sore (in my lower back) to exercise at all up to 72 hours later.

    i tend to do my legs three days later too, and i've encountered no problems in that regard.

    is it likely that i'm doing something wrong? i've watched myself in the mirror, and my back seems straight throughout the exercise. if not, is it really worth it to do deadlifts if i'm putting myself out of commission for so long?

    i've been deadlifting off the floor--maybe i should try these rack deadlifts.
    word man...... next lift ill try full deadlifts.... i like the full motion better but i was looking away from it since it appeared to involve too much lower body..... but rack deads hit my hams anyways so ill give it a go! thanks

  7. #7
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    774
    Rep Points
    692544






    Quote Originally Posted by PWGriffin
    ur doing alot for ur lower back...maybe add another rowing motion from another angle...like a high row or a seated pulley row or close grip lat pulls leaning back...just a thought...My back days I do yates rows, high rows, seated pulley rows, lat pulls, close grip lat pulls, and one arm dumbell rows. I do use a very high volume and my back responds great to it...may not be for you.
    definetly...... i like rowing with a horizontal grip (such as a lat pull bar on a cable pull).....it seems to hit my upper back more.... i think ill throw that in there.... thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Time to get back in the gym
    By Whatsaroid? in forum Online Journals
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 11:21 PM
  2. I Am Back.. This Time Until I Die..
    By nectron101 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 11:06 PM
  3. Best BACK of all time?
    By Pumping Iron in forum Training
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 03:46 PM
  4. revamped bulk diet-criticism
    By njdevil13 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 01:25 PM
  5. Atkins diet revamped
    By Preacher in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-03-2002, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->