NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Back day... revamped for a good time

Rep Points

Back day... revamped for a good time

I just changed up my back day..... I want to strengthen my back greatly as I have been lacking there (didnt really do dead lifts before this)

Rack deadlifts 3x/4x 4-8 reps
    Good mornings 3x 5-10 reps
    pull ups - 2x as many as I can (not much)
    lat pull machine - 2x
    yates row - 3x 5-8 reps

the reason for rack deadlifts is because i want that strength gains from deadlifts, but i dont want to incorporate my quads too much as i do them on my leg day three days later.... anybody think something is wrong with it? or if im missing something important?
    Last edited by Hlanderr; 12-12-2005 at 11:16 AM.

Rep Points

interesting. i just started doing deadlifts myself a couple weeks ago. i've been lifting from the floor, and i totally feel it in my back and it pumps me up energy-wise in the gym...but this seems to be the one and only exercise that is leaving me too sore (in my lower back) to exercise at all up to 72 hours later.

i tend to do my legs three days later too, and i've encountered no problems in that regard.

is it likely that i'm doing something wrong? i've watched myself in the mirror, and my back seems straight throughout the exercise. if not, is it really worth it to do deadlifts if i'm putting myself out of commission for so long?

i've been deadlifting off the floor--maybe i should try these rack deadlifts.

primeau

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hlanderr
    I just changed up my back day..... I want to strengthen my back greatly as I have been lacking there (didnt really do dead lifts before this)

lat pull machine - 2x
    yates row - 3x 5-8 reps

the reason for rack deadlifts is because i want that strength gains from deadlifts, but i dont want to incorporate my quads too much as i do them on my leg day three days later.... anybody think something is wrong with it? or if im missing something important?

if your goal is strength and not size you need to incorporate all your muscles involving compound lifts....stick to the isolation methods if you want size(which usually doesn't incorporate deads at all).

ALso, deads don't use your quads at all....its your hams. Since your going for strength I recommend putting your rows at the beginning of your routine.

The Damned
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hlanderr

lat pull machine - 2x
    yates row - 3x 5-8 reps

ur doing alot for ur lower back...maybe add another rowing motion from another angle...like a high row or a seated pulley row or close grip lat pulls leaning back...just a thought...My back days I do yates rows, high rows, seated pulley rows, lat pulls, close grip lat pulls, and one arm dumbell rows. I do use a very high volume and my back responds great to it...may not be for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by B40 View Post
    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?
    yeah, that shit!!!

MySpace

Functional Lifting = Life

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lnvanry
    if your goal is strength and not size you need to incorporate all your muscles involving compound lifts....stick to the isolation methods if you want size(which usually doesn't incorporate deads at all).

ALso, deads don't use your quads at all....its your hams. Since your going for strength I recommend putting your rows at the beginning of your routine.
    Perhaps you're thinking of SLDLs because deads definitely use the quads to quite an extent.
    Push yourself. Enjoy yourself. Be yourself.
    Knowledge is power. Obsessed with functional strength. Journal

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by garethhe
    interesting. i just started doing deadlifts myself a couple weeks ago. i've been lifting from the floor, and i totally feel it in my back and it pumps me up energy-wise in the gym...but this seems to be the one and only exercise that is leaving me too sore (in my lower back) to exercise at all up to 72 hours later.

i tend to do my legs three days later too, and i've encountered no problems in that regard.

is it likely that i'm doing something wrong? i've watched myself in the mirror, and my back seems straight throughout the exercise. if not, is it really worth it to do deadlifts if i'm putting myself out of commission for so long?

i've been deadlifting off the floor--maybe i should try these rack deadlifts.
    word man...... next lift ill try full deadlifts.... i like the full motion better but i was looking away from it since it appeared to involve too much lower body..... but rack deads hit my hams anyways so ill give it a go! thanks

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by PWGriffin
    ur doing alot for ur lower back...maybe add another rowing motion from another angle...like a high row or a seated pulley row or close grip lat pulls leaning back...just a thought...My back days I do yates rows, high rows, seated pulley rows, lat pulls, close grip lat pulls, and one arm dumbell rows. I do use a very high volume and my back responds great to it...may not be for you.
    definetly...... i like rowing with a horizontal grip (such as a lat pull bar on a cable pull).....it seems to hit my upper back more.... i think ill throw that in there.... thanks