Which do u blame more for the way kids act these days? Rap, video games..........

View Poll Results: Which do u blame more for the way kids act these days?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Movies

    2 4.17%
  • The schools

    2 4.17%
  • Sorry ass parents

    39 81.25%
  • Rap

    4 8.33%
  • TV (MTV)

    1 2.08%
  • Video games

    0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 109
  1. #1
    Registered User
    god hand's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,217
    Rep Points
    2683753

    Which do u blame more for the way kids act these days? Rap, video games..........

    Which do u blame more for the way kids act these days? Rap, video games, movies, TV (MTV), sorry ass parents, or the schools?

    This is what I think.

    1. MTV
    2. sorry ass parents
    3. The schools
    4. Rap
    5. movies
    6. Video games
    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules;


    Men respect people who deserve respect, simple as that.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    goandykid's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,374
    Rep Points
    7441633

    the progressive seperation of parents from their kids, including parents beliefs and ideals.

    Kids are being raised by peers, television, and teachers upon teachers.

    I only have one teacher i would and have ever gone to for advice, the rest are blah.


    AS inoffensively as i can put this, I think the feminist movement had a huge part of this. When the woman would stay home, raise the children (instead of babysitters and daycare), handle the household duties, and actually stay married(less adultery/divorces), it would create a family environment for the kid.

    Iknow that's alot to ask, and unfair as well, but that held kids to their roots.

    I also think that this is a natural progression that couldnt have been avoided, and placing blame is pointless.
    You guys are going to lose. You might as well just cheer for me, because Boston isn’t winning in Boston for the season opener. I’m sorry. " - Gilbert Arenas

  3. #3
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    shitty parents are the number 1,2 and 3 reason
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  4. #4
    Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER
    maniclion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mēns Incognita
    Posts
    27,183
    Rep Points
    989810505

    Parents who are results of bad parenting, the saga continues.

    I am all for stay at home Dad's like Foreman, the Mr. Mom's of the world deserve credit.
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

  5. #5
    Registered User
    god hand's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,217
    Rep Points
    2683753

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    shitty parents are the number 1,2 and 3 reason
    yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooour kinda right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules;


    Men respect people who deserve respect, simple as that.

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    231
    Rep Points
    7702155

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    shitty parents are the number 1,2 and 3 reason
    Exactly. They are the ones who think that MTV, schools, and video games should raise their kids instead of them.

  7. #7
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper
    Exactly. They are the ones who think that MTV, schools, and video games should raise their kids instead of them.
    where do you work out jeeper?
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  8. #8
    Forever
    ELITE MEMBER
    dougnukem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Points
    4396688

    Parents. All the other ones are just excuses that people, such as the media, use to blame shift.
    From the Ashes....

  9. #9
    FLEXecutioner
    Flex's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pomping Iyuhn
    Posts
    6,278
    Rep Points
    8700367

    Quote Originally Posted by god hand
    Which do u blame more for the way kids act these days? Rap, video games, movies, TV (MTV), sorry ass parents, or the schools?

    This is what I think.

    1. MTV
    2. sorry ass parents
    3. The schools
    4. Rap
    5. movies
    6. Video games

    It's funny you ask, because I work at a h.s. and have this conversation ALL the time.

    I didn't graduate from h.s. that long ago (only 6yrs), yet I notice that the kids act how I acted in when I was in middle school. They are SO irresponsible, SO immature and straight childish.

    There are many reasons why kids act the way they do. But the top one has to be parenting. Not saying that the parents are bad people, but they just didn't raise their child right. BUT, parents are not the only ones to blame. Society has a huge impact on how a child grows up. I think the next biggest thing is how everything in society nowadays is made to be convenient. Nowadays you can get ANYTHING in the world you want with the click of a button.
    When I was in h.s., having a CD player and buying your favorite CD to listen to was a big deal. Now, kids have tiny mp3's that hold 10,000 songs, videos, pictures, email etc and fit in their pockets...all with the click of a button.
    When i was in h.s., we had to make time to talk to people on the phone when we were home. Now EVERY single kid in the entire school has a cell phone.
    So i beileve society's natural progression towards making everything more convenient has ironically led to the ultimate destruction of our youth...
    "I ain't sayin' kids are goldiggers....but they ain't messin' wit no broke broke"

    just my .02

    FLEX
    You're a funny guy, Sully, I like you. Dat's why I'm going to kill you lahst.


    * Got juice?*Need Motivation?*How to Train*
    *Arnold vs. Ronnie vs. Haney vs. Sergio*
    *YEAH BUDDY...LIGHT WEIGHT!*Ahhnold*

  10. #10
    Forever
    ELITE MEMBER
    dougnukem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Points
    4396688

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex
    It's funny you ask, because I work at a h.s. and have this conversation ALL the time.

    I didn't graduate from h.s. that long ago (only 6yrs), yet I notice that the kids act how I acted in when I was in middle school. They are SO irresponsible, SO immature and straight childish.

    There are many reasons why kids act the way they do. But the top one has to be parenting. Not saying that the parents are bad people, but they just didn't raise their child right. BUT, parents are not the only ones to blame. Society has a huge impact on how a child grows up. I think the next biggest thing is how everything in society nowadays is made to be convenient. Nowadays you can get ANYTHING in the world you want with the click of a button.
    When I was in h.s., having a CD player and buying your favorite CD to listen to was a big deal. Now, kids have tiny mp3's that hold 10,000 songs, videos, pictures, email etc and fit in their pockets...all with the click of a button.
    When i was in h.s., we had to make time to talk to people on the phone when we were home. Now EVERY single kid in the entire school has a cell phone.
    So i beileve society's natural progression towards making everything more convenient has ironically led to the ultimate destruction of our youth...
    "I ain't sayin' kids are goldiggers....but they ain't messin' wit no broke broke"

    just my .02

    FLEX
    You bring up a valid point about things being made easier and easier for them. But who buys these things for them, usually? Damn kids are spoiled, I tell you. Not too many know how to earn things on their own. It's a shame, they are our future, and people just don't get it. But then again, each generation has said the same thing about the younger generation.
    From the Ashes....

  11. #11
    Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER
    maniclion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mēns Incognita
    Posts
    27,183
    Rep Points
    989810505

    I think kids are more spoiled these day's cause their baby boomer grandparents are spoiling them.
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

  12. #12
    Esprit de Corps
    ELITE MEMBER
    Witmaster's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Points
    18685917

    I blame Foreman
    NEVER write a check with your mouth that you can't cash with your ASS!!

    I can run faster mad than you can scared

    "All right brain... I don't like you and you don't like me. So let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer" ~ Homer Simpson

  13. #13
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,723
    Rep Points
    2136000020

    funny this thread is here kids n schools ... my son is 8, is in third grade and has adhd and oppositional defiance disorder. he refused to take his coat off at lunch. he was coming down w a fever n was cold. 3 women held him down n forcibly removed his coat then dragged him to a closet n locked him in the dark till his teacher came n got him. his teacher said he was wailing for his mom. noone bothered to call me i live 500 ft from the school. the police just left here a bit ago cuz i called them to make a report about the bruises he is covered with.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  14. #14
    Moderator
    MODERATOR
    Dale Mabry's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    15,581
    Rep Points
    249481082

    I blame whitey.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

    4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

    Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    o
    Posts
    5,449
    Rep Points
    3250659

    Parents.

  16. #16
    Forever
    ELITE MEMBER
    dougnukem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Points
    4396688

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing
    funny this thread is here kids n schools ... my son is 8, is in third grade and has adhd and oppositional defiance disorder. he refused to take his coat off at lunch. he was coming down w a fever n was cold. 3 women held him down n forcibly removed his coat then dragged him to a closet n locked him in the dark till his teacher came n got him. his teacher said he was wailing for his mom. noone bothered to call me i live 500 ft from the school. the police just left here a bit ago cuz i called them to make a report about the bruises he is covered with.
    That's my biggest fear. I have a 4 yr old son who has developmental delays, and most likely will be diagnosed with adhd. It's unfortunate that some schools aren't equipped to handle children who need extra care. And it's tough to really blame the teachers, as they usually try to do what's best for the kids. But there are times this is untrue as well. BTW, sorry to hear about your incident.
    From the Ashes....

  17. #17
    Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER
    maniclion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mēns Incognita
    Posts
    27,183
    Rep Points
    989810505

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing
    funny this thread is here kids n schools ... my son is 8, is in third grade and has adhd and oppositional defiance disorder. he refused to take his coat off at lunch. he was coming down w a fever n was cold. 3 women held him down n forcibly removed his coat then dragged him to a closet n locked him in the dark till his teacher came n got him. his teacher said he was wailing for his mom. noone bothered to call me i live 500 ft from the school. the police just left here a bit ago cuz i called them to make a report about the bruises he is covered with.
    Thats rotten evilness you can't tell a kid what temperature they're comfortable with, I remember wearing my jacket anytime I wanted to in school, but locked in a darkened closet thats absolute facism, I'd have fuckin' had more than the cops at the school I'd have had a media source like the local paper.
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

  18. #18
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,723
    Rep Points
    2136000020

    manic ty likes your avatar...

    ty came home n was asleep witin minutes n was very pale. when he woke up he told me i had to call his teacher something happened at school. filling out the police reports pieces of the story came out. at first he was joking with his friends n said "chocolate milk, god's diarreah" the lunch ladies then proceeded to lock him in a room as punishment. his face started to get hot n red n they yelled at him to take his coat off. he hid his face in his coat n started to cry. he was laying on some chairs. they all 3 came in and he says threw him on the floor n held his face on the floor n his arms up behind his back n "ripped" his coat off him while he continued to cry. then turned him over n held him down n blew in his face???? he says cuz he wouldn't open his eyes? hmm did they knock him out? he says he doesn't remember every second. then they dragged him by his hands n feet to a smaller dark room n locked him in there alone. i really don't think they want me there.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  19. #19
    FLEXecutioner
    Flex's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pomping Iyuhn
    Posts
    6,278
    Rep Points
    8700367

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing
    funny this thread is here kids n schools ... my son is 8, is in third grade and has adhd and oppositional defiance disorder. he refused to take his coat off at lunch. he was coming down w a fever n was cold. 3 women held him down n forcibly removed his coat then dragged him to a closet n locked him in the dark till his teacher came n got him. his teacher said he was wailing for his mom. noone bothered to call me i live 500 ft from the school. the police just left here a bit ago cuz i called them to make a report about the bruises he is covered with.

    WOW.

    If I were you I'd go to the Board Of Ed. TOMMOROW.
    You're a funny guy, Sully, I like you. Dat's why I'm going to kill you lahst.


    * Got juice?*Need Motivation?*How to Train*
    *Arnold vs. Ronnie vs. Haney vs. Sergio*
    *YEAH BUDDY...LIGHT WEIGHT!*Ahhnold*

  20. #20
    Forever
    ELITE MEMBER
    dougnukem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Points
    4396688

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing
    manic ty likes your avatar...

    ty came home n was asleep witin minutes n was very pale. when he woke up he told me i had to call his teacher something happened at school. filling out the police reports pieces of the story came out. at first he was joking with his friends n said "chocolate milk, god's diarreah" the lunch ladies then proceeded to lock him in a room as punishment. his face started to get hot n red n they yelled at him to take his coat off. he hid his face in his coat n started to cry. he was laying on some chairs. they all 3 came in and he says threw him on the floor n held his face on the floor n his arms up behind his back n "ripped" his coat off him while he continued to cry. then turned him over n held him down n blew in his face???? he says cuz he wouldn't open his eyes? hmm did they knock him out? he says he doesn't remember every second. then they dragged him by his hands n feet to a smaller dark room n locked him in there alone. i really don't think they want me there.
    That is some serious BS. That makes my blood boil. Public or private school?
    From the Ashes....

  21. #21
    FLEXecutioner
    Flex's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pomping Iyuhn
    Posts
    6,278
    Rep Points
    8700367

    Quote Originally Posted by dougnukem
    You bring up a valid point about things being made easier and easier for them. But who buys these things for them, usually? Damn kids are spoiled, I tell you. Not too many know how to earn things on their own. It's a shame, they are our future, and people just don't get it. But then again, each generation has said the same thing about the younger generation.

    I understand its the parents that buy it for them. But still. EVERYTHING nowadays is HURRY UP, FASTER, NO PATIENCE! Be it eating at a restaurant, shopping, at school etc. etc. It allows them to be lazier, so when they are required to work, they don't want to.
    You're a funny guy, Sully, I like you. Dat's why I'm going to kill you lahst.


    * Got juice?*Need Motivation?*How to Train*
    *Arnold vs. Ronnie vs. Haney vs. Sergio*
    *YEAH BUDDY...LIGHT WEIGHT!*Ahhnold*

  22. #22
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,723
    Rep Points
    2136000020


    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  23. #23
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,723
    Rep Points
    2136000020

    public n pic 4 is of bruises on his bottom. he weighs 60 lbs. n have u ever seen cafeteria women in a town this size? i think they take their work home with them.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  24. #24
    Esprit de Corps
    ELITE MEMBER
    Witmaster's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Points
    18685917

    Holy Shit!!! Is this a Private School?
    NEVER write a check with your mouth that you can't cash with your ASS!!

    I can run faster mad than you can scared

    "All right brain... I don't like you and you don't like me. So let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer" ~ Homer Simpson

  25. #25
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,723
    Rep Points
    2136000020

    i need a good lawyer n i have $150 for Flex.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  26. #26
    Intensity!
    Steele20's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    711
    Rep Points
    5671917

    go to the board and tell them to write you a 100 page apology saying their sorry and why child abuse is against the law in 3 days or you will sue them. =D

  27. #27
    Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER
    maniclion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mēns Incognita
    Posts
    27,183
    Rep Points
    989810505

    FIRST OFF WHAT ARE CAFETERIA WOMEN DOING HANDLING ANY FORM OF DISCIPLINE? SECOND WHAT HARM IS IN SAYING CHOCOLATE MILK IS GODS DIARRHEA? some hairy lipped lunch ladies would be losing their life if that was my kid, all hells wrath would pour down upon their child abusing souls.
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

  28. #28
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,723
    Rep Points
    2136000020

    i think i owe it to my son to sue them anyway. how else can i really prove how wrong what happened was? he needs n deserves validation for this. he was terrified to tell me the comment about god's diarreah they were so out of control with him he thought he'd done some unforgivable thing. n he was screaming for me n they never fucking bothered to call me. people are going to lose their jobs tomorrow. heads will fucking roll.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  29. #29
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,723
    Rep Points
    2136000020

    who never said milk, milk, lemonade around the corner fudge is made?

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  30. #30
    Magical Apelikemenace
    ELITE MEMBER
    The Monkey Man's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    14,421
    Rep Points
    14936998

    I blame the GOVT...

    Instead of building up out country, and promoting a lifestyle
    that encourages a 40hr work week...

    The GOVT encourages a person to slave for either bundles of overtime
    (which they promptly steal in taxes)
    or, working to compete with the endentured servitude systems of third world
    countries...

    The big corporations are making a killing, and to keep a job you must work
    3x harder, and put up with more shit than your parents did...

    So work 40hrs a week and spend little quality time with your kids...

    Most people I talk to are so freakin tired when they come home,
    they only want to sleep or relax...

    And to be active in your kids lives, you have to set aside most quality time
    for yourself (not fair)

    Its the system...

    Most Europeans get 40 to even 60 vacation days a year!!!
    They work hard, and then they play hard...

    VOTE THIRD PARTY!!!
    SHAKE THE FOUNDATION!

    Have Problems?... Chances are its due to overpopulation
    Save The Oceans, Save the Planet, Save Your Family, Save Yourself!



Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 08:37 PM
  2. If it can play video games....I'm there!
    By juggernaut in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 02:39 AM
  3. What video games are you playing???
    By JailHouse in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 11:26 AM
  4. video games
    By alexvega in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 06:45 PM
  5. Video games and exercise
    By derekisdman in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 10:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->