• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Morning Cardio

realdeal

Amateur Bodybuilder
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Now that im dieting for a show i do cardio in the morning 6am on an empty stomach. I go for 1 hour on the treadmill walking and squizing my glutes and hams at a good pace (speed-3m)

How many Calories should i be burning throughout the hour?
Remember i am cutting up.

I don't think you should be looking at your calories as much as the intensity you are doing your cardio. some research shows that low to mod intensity cardio for a longer duration will tap into your fat stores. ifyou are using a lifefitness machine, it'll have the heartrate scale on the corner. aim for 65% of your mx heart rate.
if you increase your intensity, you will change the ratio of fat used as energy, the more intense, the less likely fat will be the primary source of fuel. of course all research is controversial as certain studies indicate that people who engage in frequent vigorous exericise have less body fat than those who perform only moderate acitivities.
calories should be factored in to coincide with your diet goals at the moment. always rem. to eat enough to compensate for your aerobic and weight training activities.

I did High Intensity cardio sessions last time for my competition and it worked well. I did 30min hard in the morning and 30mins later in the evening hard.

Now i want to see if i get better or worse from doing an hour of walking in the morning only. I dont to burn too much muscle like last time.

Bodybuilding's all about Trial and Error. But when you find what works for you, you wont have to worry. Live and Learn.

Hopefully by the time im 22 i will find it, until then i'll keep changing.

I agree with scotty, HIIT is possibly the "best" way.

30 minutes seems a lot dude - you must have been one fit fooker at the time.

15 minutes is enough y'know. 30 seconds sprinting, 30 seconds walking for 4 minutes and then a 3 minute walk. Repeat again and call it a day.

too much morning cardio will result in muscle tissue breakdown. By doing it short and hard there's less chance.

I cant do any running because i get shine splints. So i did it on the cross trainer.

well alrighty.

30 seconds all out on the X-trainer, 30 seconds slow. 4 minutes in total, then a 3 minute rest.

Repeat.

end.

Build up to that, though. If you don't have a decent aerobic base, that's going to kill you.

It does work wonders once you build up enough to be capable of doing it, however.

This is another highly individual matter. I do better with longer duration, less intense cardio than with HIT. But that is just me. Others will do better with intervals of high and low. Some do better with one longer session, while others prefer 2-3 "mini" sessions per day. This is going to take some experimentation on your part. It will take a few shows to get this down. Keep careful records and be progressive week to week. The goal should be to have your bodyfat way down at 2 weeks out so that you can cut back on cardio before the show and let your body recover somewhat.

Yeah, cardio should just "assist" the diet.

Back