• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Baking Chicken Breasts

r0dxx

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was going to buy cooked chicken breast at a local chicken restaurant, but it seems to be a waste of money, and the chicken probally isnt as healthy as homemade. Considering they probally add oils? Or maybe not? I'm not even sure...

Here is the place: http://www.chickenkitchen.com

I really hope they don't add anything bad, because I usually go here for lunch 2x a week with people from work...

Anyways...I use to grill chicken every sunday night, but I'm getting sick of grilling it. I want to start baking them.

Can anyone tell me what I should do? I would be making 6 chicken breasts at a time and they are usually about 6-7 oz each. How long do I cook them, how do I know they are done? Do I have to wash them off first?

Sorry for the dumbie questions :(

Just kinda nervous to make them a different way...It seems like baking is the easiest/safest way to make them.

I bake them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes when they are thawed. If they are frozen, 20 minutes covered with foil and about 15 minutes with foil removed. All meat should be cooked to a proper internal temperature to prevent foodbourne illness. Here is a link to a guide for safely preparing meat

A thermometer is the best tool for grilling or cooking meats from both a safety and doneness standpoint. Use one and you won't have to worry about drying the meat out our undercooking it.

Fish is usually cooked to an internal temp of 140, although tuna would be an exception (125 i think)

and 170 for poultry :)

I just put them in a baking pan and pour on hot sauce and bake :p

I didn't open the link - yes i am lazy. :grin:

boilermaker said:
I bake them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes when they are thawed. If they are frozen, 20 minutes covered with foil and about 15 minutes with foil removed. All meat should be cooked to a proper internal temperature to prevent foodbourne illness. Here is a link to a guide for safely preparing meat

A thermometer is the best tool for grilling or cooking meats from both a safety and doneness standpoint. Use one and you won't have to worry about drying the meat out our undercooking it.

Fish is usually cooked to an internal temp of 140, although tuna would be an exception (125 i think)

Thanks...Does that 20 minute time differ depending on how many breasts, and how many ounces/thick they are?

r0dxx said:
Thanks...Does that 20 minute time differ depending on how many breasts, and how many ounces/thick they are?
Sure it does. The tighter you pack stuff together, the longer it will take. Thinner cuts take less time than thicker ones. Just preheat the oven to 350, then when its there put them in. 15 minutes later cut one in the thickest part and see if there are pink juices or uncooked meat. You'll be able to tell. If its not done, stick it back in for a few minutes and then pull it out and cut it in a new place to check again. Adjust the time accordingly for thinner or thicker cuts next time you cook.

I bake em in the winter and grill em in the summer. I found that covering the chicken in salsa or some home made marinara then baking tastes really good. Throw a breast on top of some brown rice or ww pasta and you are good to go. :lick:

Back