• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

The pussification of my Gym

KelJu

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The thread title directs no disrespect towards women, because most of the women that workout at the gym I workout at would tell you the same thing that I am about to tell you.
I have been a member of Power House for 8 months, and I loved it. The gym had tons of equipment, with lots of free weights, and even the funny little machines that some people like to use. It had something for everybody, but the main crew of lifters were serious lifters, that didn't fuck around when it came to lifting heavy and lifting hard. I made firends with a lot of them, and I learned alot about technique and general advice from people who had lifted for years.

I was so happy with Power House that I went on ahead and signed a 15 month contract and paid up front, because the shithead at the desk convinced me of how much cheaper it would be, and he was right about the price, BUT he didn't bother to tell me that Planet Fitness had just bought them out and were keeping it secret. Early December, I quit lifting for about 3 weeks to put all of my energies into studying for finals, with the intention of returning to the gym hard after finals were over. True to my promise to myself, I returned the day after my final exam to see that Power House had been converted into a Planet Fitness. I walked inside and looked in horror at what they had done to my beloved gym. The tile floor was covered in purple carpet, neon lights were put on top of all of the mirrors. All of the heavy equipment was gone, along with any dumbell above 40lbs. And the cherry on the cake; they put blue flashing lights on the ceiling that go off anytime somebody makes too much noise. The lights have this written under them:
"Lude - someone who grunts, drops weights, makes loud noises"
WTF!!!:yell:
I had my Ipod playing tool so loud that I couldn't hear anyone, and in the middle of my first set this god damn light goes off with a loud fucking sirene, which completely fucked what concentration a person could possibly have working out under neon lights with purple carpet and bright green walls. Whoever made the noise that set the alarm off didn't bother my in the least, but the sirene sure as hell did. I asked one the the girls that worked there when it was Power House what the hell is going on in there, and she informs me that Planet Fitness did not want heavy lifters in there anymore, because it makes people that are out of shape feel uncomfortible. "Planet Fitness is about acceptence and making you feel good about yourself"!:barf:
I remember being a fat wad of shit not too long ago, and I smile everytime I think about the progress I made over the last year, progress that would not have been had had I been half assing it. Planet Fitness bascilly does not want my kind in there. Well I don't want to be there either, but I work my ass off to pay for school, bills, car, and rent. So I am not just walking away after paying $400.00 for a 15 month membership.

As soon as this change took place, all of the serious lifters went to other gyms, and here I am stuck with 13 months on my contract. I spoke to the manager and requested my contract to be terminated and to prorate my contract for the remaining months. He refused, so I explained that my contract was to Power House, and not to Planet Fitness, and that it is very poor business ethics to renew 15 month contracts when you know you are being bought out by someone. He would not do anything, so I am going to be a "lude". I am going to throw weights around like a god damn mad man, grunting and screaming and making every person in that gym fill uncomfortible, until they give me the money back on the unused months.

Oh my god, what has this world come to.

I think drastic times calls for drastic measures, we need to start a gym liberation group.

Anyone with a catchy acronym?

they put blue flashing lights on the ceiling that go off anytime somebody makes too much noise. The lights have this written under them:
That's just crazy.......:rolleyes:

I do not believe this story

ForemanRules said:

Next time I go in I will take pictures and post them for you.

I had my Ipod playing tool so loud that I couldn't hear anyone, and in the middle of my first set this god damn light goes off with a loud fucking sirene,

To have a piercing sirene would be a hazard to the members and open the door for law suits....

ForemanRules said:

It does seem far fetched.

KelJu said:
Next time I go in I will take pictures and post them for you.

You have to do this, just don't let them catch you.....while your at it go to the mens showers at take pictures just for the sake of science.

min0 lee said:
You have to do this, just don't let them catch you.....while your at it go to the mens showers at take pictures just for the sake of science.
I agree 100% we need shower picks:grin:

I guess they also have sensors that detects the scent of protein emitting from your burps.

KelJu said:
I walked inside and looked in horror at what they had done to my beloved gym. The tile floor was covered in purple carpet, neon lights were put on top of all of the mirrors. All of the heavy equipment was gone, along with any dumbell above 40lbs. And the cherry on the cake; they put blue flashing lights on the ceiling that go off anytime somebody makes too much noise. The lights have this written under them:
WTF!!!:yell:

That is like the fucking twilight zone. I would go insane...

He refused, so I explained that my contract was to Power House, and not to Planet Fitness, and that it is very poor business ethics to renew 15 month contracts when you know you are being bought out by someone. He would not do anything, so I am going to be a "lude". I am going to throw weights around like a god damn mad man, grunting and screaming and making every person in that gym fill uncomfortible, until they give me the money back on the unused months.

Good man. I hope those sly fuckers don't get away with that. As a membership salesperson myself, I would never ever get someone to signup for 15 months without informing them of something like that.

In the meantime, I suggest getting some adjustable dumbbells that have olympic sized weight bars. That way you can at least use some decent weighted dumbbells. Set those fucking alarms off! Haha.

min0 lee said:
I guess they also have sensors that detects the scent of protein emitting from your burps.

Bahahahaha!

IML Gear Cream!
If any of this were true...

I would sue powerhouse and planet fitness for the refund of my unused contract money...

Small claims court is perfect for this type of case
They usually cover $300-$5000 in case costs.
You can also sue for whatever court costs you develop
(Usually $60-$80 filing fee)

Don't even screw around, just find out who owns it
and sue them, once the courts are involved,
they usually fold pretty quickly

Last edited:
Yea, I would file a lawsuit as well.

that sucks...

brain fart: i go to a Planet Fitness but it's in no way associated with the chain. totally different entity, hard core, predominantly male, super cheap, mostly free weights. i don't understand how it's legal for the chain and my gym to have the same name. weird, that is all.

CowPimp said:
Is that a whole fucking line of smith machines? Just burn it. Burn it now please.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

awesome, this could be the worst gym ever...

It does have a lot of real estate to move around in there though!!!

At least you don't have someone jabbing a cambered bar up your ass while you are trying to lift

The Monkey Man said:
It does have a lot of real estate to move around in there though!!!

At least you don't have someone jabbing a cambered bar up your ass while you are trying to lift

I dunno. There looks to be a lot of fucking queers in the gym. Did you actually see it? You pretty much have to be gay, or lack a penis, to workout there. I guarantee you BBW has more balls than all those douche bags combined.

IML Gear Cream!
Next time I'm in AL, I'm going to find the place and see if they will give me a day pass.

wow. Either file the lawsuit, or make the most damn noise you can in the gym. That's insane.

Then again, you're not hurting the pussification any by bringing the iPod :rolleyes:

you're not hurting the pussification any by bringing the iPod
Have you heard the music they play in gyms like that? Trust me, you need the ipod.

That has to be the worst gym I have ever heard of...I can't believe there is a demand for gyms like that, i mean ........I can understand it to a certain extent, but thank god that shit hasn't come across the atlantic to Europe...and if its here I sure as hell have never heard of anything quite as fucked up as that. I would so abuse that stupid siren.

KelJu said:
they put blue flashing lights on the ceiling that go off anytime somebody makes too much noise.
That is awesome, they should put two in every room, so when the first one goes off the second complains with a even louder sound.

CowPimp said:
Is that a whole fucking line of smith machines? Just burn it. Burn it now please.

Yep, that picture sums it up. That is just how they changed my gym, but added even more fruitier stuff. I workout tomorrow, so I will grap some pictures for you guys.

Back