• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

slimmer legs?!

Don't do a bunch of heavy leg exercises, unless you're just trying to eliminate fat. In which case you need to lower calories and perform more cardio.

you can't spot reduce, lets start with that. what are your stats? what is your training/diet like now? more details would help.

The13ig13adWolf said:
you can't spot reduce, lets start with that. what are your stats? what is your training/diet like now? more details would help.

:rolleyes:

running will slim legs

(although something tells me this thread is not about athletics, but athstetics)

Check out the Diet & Nutrition section and you'll find all the information you need there.

god, i hope this is a woman.. :hmmm:

If u cant spot reduce how come when u have a cast on like for example on your arm, after couple months u take the cast off your arm will for sure be skinnier than the other one...........spot reducing has occured!!!! I think

Lifting4life said:
If u cant spot reduce how come when u have a cast on like for example on your arm, after couple months u take the cast off your arm will for sure be skinnier than the other one...........spot reducing has occured!!!! I think
are you serious?

that's not spot reducing my friend. that's muscular weakness due to being deconditioned and sedentary. come on now...

IML Gear Cream!
Lifting4life said:

lol, that is muscle atrophy from disuse.

they are talking about losing bodyfat, you cannot lose bf in one specific spot.

Run your :hot: off...

I know everyone says you cant spot reduce, and i do not have the knowledge to argue with many of the people that have tod me this, but why do some older guys, for instance cyclists and tennis players have really defined muscular legs and beer guts, and labourers who also have beer guts the size of kegs but forearms like bodybuilders?

Laborers use their forearms to lift heavy objects and hang onto them all day. The forearms don't carry enough fat in most cases to really hide the muscle underneath. So since their forearms are always at work and they don't have much fat in that area, the resulting hypertrophy is quite obvious. Tennis players and cyclists simply have almost no body fat, so the muscles all over their bodies show up very well.

Squaggleboggin said:
Laborers use their forearms to lift heavy objects and hang onto them all day. The forearms don't carry enough fat in most cases to really hide the muscle underneath. So since their forearms are always at work and they don't have much fat in that area, the resulting hypertrophy is quite obvious.

So wouldnt that support the possibility of spot reduction?

Tennis players and cyclists simply have almost no body fat, so the muscles all over their bodies show up very well.

Iwasn't reffering to the elite level, i meant say the ex-pro tennis player that still has the legs but put on a gut to, i know a few at my club. Or the cyclist who just rides for excercise, ie to work and back. I know a bloke at my gym that has the most defined quads ive ever seen and a gut that hangs over his belt, he says he gets his legs from riding to work. I suppose it could come down to genetics different people store their fat in different places, but it does make me wonder.

pengers84 said:
I know everyone says you cant spot reduce, and i do not have the knowledge to argue with many of the people that have tod me this, but why do some older guys, for instance cyclists and tennis players have really defined muscular legs and beer guts, and labourers who also have beer guts the size of kegs but forearms like bodybuilders?

It's called genetics. Genetically, men tend to store fat the most around their waists. Women store far around the waist as well, but additionally have large fat stores in their hips and butt.

Obviously this varies from person to person, but these are reasonable generalizations to go by. Thankfully, I personally store fat fairly evenly throughout. I also hold more in my lower back relative to my stomach.

er. im 1.75m. weight about 67kg. i dont really diet or train. i have soccer training and that is my source of exercise. other than that. i cycle once a week, swim twice a week and jog every fortnight. im not a very disciplined guy i guess.

pengers84 said:

as stated above males generally carry bf in the mid section and females in the lower body.

there is ONE sure way to "spot reduce"... liposuction! :)

Thunder said:
Overtrain them and lose more fat.

This is the best advice.

Back