• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

been doing this diet for 3 weeks, but gains are very minimal =(

brollickby06

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hi everyone. With the help of everyone here, i made this diet up about 3 weeks ago. For the last 3 weeks, i have followed it strictly...i cheated about once a week, and drank 2-3 nights a week. My gains have really been minimal, i dont see too much difference. And i know for a fact i have been working out hard...
heres my diet. does it need any revisions in anyones opinion?
im going to buy fish oils soon. where do you think i should be taking them? I am thinking of replacing the morning avocado with it.
Any input would be apreciated. I need to know whats going wrong. Maybe its the drinking?

meal 1
4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup skim milk, 1/4 avocado
36/15/43
also, some mornings i dont have time to make eggs. 1 scoop protein isolate instead of eggs (25/0/3) with a cup of skim milk
im actually getting sick of eggs...
and do you think i should thrown in some strawberries in there too

Meal 2&3
1-2pm: preworkout shake 37/2/50
4-5pm: post workout shake 37/2/50
Consists of water, 1 scoop protein isolate, 1 cup milk, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup oats
the values come out to 37/2/50 and about 350 calories

Meal 4
6 slices turkey breast + 1 cup brown rice(cooked) + 1/2 cup cottage cheese + 1 tsp olive oil
and ill thrown in some broccoli (nutritional value not added in)
(34/7/38)

Meal 5
1 can tuna + 2 slices wheat bread + some almonds or 1/4 avocado and some lettuce
(40/10/32)

Meal 6
4-5 oz chicken breast + 1 cup brown rice (cooked) + 1 tsp olive oil + broccoli (nutritional value not added in)
(39/12/35)

Meal 7
right before bed
1 cup 1% milkfat cottage cheese + 1/4 avocado (29g/8g/10g)

totals
protein: ~252g
fat: ~60g
carbs: ~258g

Definitely EFAs and think about some Green Tea in drink or Pill form. But I think you're dead on about the drinking, that will slow muscle regeneration and if you have to drink (alcoholic!) do Diet Coke and Bacardi (no beer!).

I take EFAs with breakfast and dinner.

5'8" 19 year old. 160 lbs. 10-15% bf.

trying to bulk. EFA would be essential fastty acids? are you implying i take fish oils?
and how is green tea helpful?

thanks

brollickby06 said:

trying to bulk. EFA would be essential fastty acids? are you implying i take fish oils?

thanks

Oh you're BULKING, well Green Tea increases metabolism slightly.

More calories and More Good fats. Natural Peanut butter for instance is good. By saying EFAs I meant Flax Seed Oil / Fish Oil.

I'm kind of just guessing here, what are your goals? If you're not making gains you could be overtraining or not changing your routine. Time away from the gym helps a lot if you're just not making gains, take a week off from lifting.

But we can't give good advice without the additional info.

Post your workout day by day.

Can't gain muscle without gaining fat unfortunately, just have to cardio it off.

how much weight have you gained. that's about 2500 cals from what you listed. If you're not gaining then you need to eat more calories, plain and simple. I'd up the fats and carbs, w/ minimal protein amts., because are good right now.

Drinking 2-3 nights a week is no diet bro....try again.

true, quit drinking, cheat a lil more even, eat eat eat, when you are full eat more.

totals
protein: ~252g
fat: ~60g
carbs: ~258g

I would say a little more fat, a little more carbs, and a little less protein. But that's just me.

Add more peanut butter and nuts such as almonds, walnuts, etc. And by more, I do mean MORE. Make a whole meal out of them. Snack on them, whatever. Calorie dense and a great source of nutrients to help bulk. You will very likely see gains. Other than that, up your calories for some time and see how that goes.

IML Gear Cream!
brollickby06 said:

thanks

Cut the beer.

Your totals should look more like:

225 Pro
300 Carbs
85 fat

In my opinion, you'll do much better with that.

ok im going to up my carbs and fat then. I bought a bottle of fish oil. each pill has:
10 cal
1g fat
.5g sat fat
1000mg natural fish concentrate
180mg epa, and 120mg dha (whatever those 2 are)

anyway, when do you think would be a good time to take these? i was thinking right when I wake up...and how many should i take at a time

thanks for the advice!

brollickby06 said:
ok im going to up my carbs and fat then. I bought a bottle of fish oil. each pill has:
10 cal
1g fat
.5g sat fat
1000mg natural fish concentrate
180mg epa, and 120mg dha (whatever those 2 are)

anyway, when do you think would be a good time to take these? i was thinking right when I wake up...and how many should i take at a time

thanks for the advice!
6 capsules each day split into a few meals - usually meals with less fats....

More Carbs, bro. If you are trying to bulk, you should aim for around 500 g carbs. Dropping the beer, adding Fish oil, and holding everything else constant, your diet would be fine, IMO.

Back