• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

3 sets x 8 reps

w.a.r_32

w.a.r
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Good for size and strength right? Or no?

kenwood said:

I am currently doing 3 sets 8 reps because i would like to obtain Mass and Strength. Is this right?(3x8) or do you suggest something else?:hmmm:

Im confused on this whole high low rep thing.. I did a search and many post's are different?

Anything works in the beginning. Vary your reps and exercises. Never limit yourself to just one specific set and rep scheme like that.

Also, not every exercise is going to respond best to the same rep range. For example, you may find that your legs require little volume and high intensity to gain the most strength while you need to do much more volume for your calves specifically.

Another important thing to consider is periodization. This includes varying rep ranges and intensities and incorporating many different changing variables into your workouts. It's very possible that you can keep the basics of your workout for quite some time before needing to change them, so just remember that you only need to change your routine if it's not working.

I was thinking about changing the rep range every 2 weeks..

Week 1 and 2 - 3x8
Week 3 and 4 - 4x12
ect.

That way my body never fully adapts to that rep range.

if u want strength i would go w/somethin like 4sets of 3-5reps..i do these on benchpress,squats,deads and my stats r going up..but like squaggle. said^^^dont limit urself

Yes, but so are plenty of other repetition ranges. The most effective routines alternate between them.

kenwood said:
if u want strength i would go w/somethin like 4sets of 3-5reps..i do these on benchpress,squats,deads and my stats r going up..but like squaggle. said^^^dont limit urself

I think he's also looking for mass. I think your idea of varying the reps from 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets would be good for building mass + strength.

You might even consider alternating between 5x5 (a typical rep range for size - see if it works for you) and 3x3 (lower reps and much more weight) so you not only don't adapt, but progress towards both goals. Maybe try each rep scheme for two weeks and every two cycles do a deloading phase or take a week off. Experiment each week with RIs, timing schemes and similar exercises.

Squaggleboggin said:
You might even consider alternating between 5x5 (a typical rep range for size - see if it works for you) and 3x3 (lower reps and much more weight) so you not only don't adapt, but progress towards both goals. Maybe try each rep scheme for two weeks and every two cycles do a deloading phase or take a week off. Experiment each week with RIs, timing schemes and similar exercises.

I had done 5x5 for about the first month or 2 when i began this year and it did great in giving me size and strength but then my body had adapted to it. I am thinking that I will go back to it for my next routine. For me 3 x 8 seem's to work the best for me but sooner or later my body will adapt as all of you know. So would switching it up from 3 x 8 - 4 x 12 every couple of week's be the most beneficial for me?

IML Gear Cream!
You mentioned strength in your first post. Neither rep range is best for strength IMO. I like to keep the reps below five and use very low volume and high intensity. I even do 3x2 for most exercises.

Go ahead and give something a try. Keep a log and see if you're progressing. If you are, keep doing what you're doing; if not, change something.

Mix it up every few months....

Back