• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

overdoing it?

ArnoldsProtege

VandelayIndustries
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
just recently i have decided to lose all the fat. currently at 5'9, 230(pretty muscular tho), i am trying to get into peak phsycial shape for football next fall and upcoming rugby.id like to be around 180-190 and lean. i was wondering if doing cardio 5-6 times a week is too much? i am currently doing a pretty standard routing (chest-tris,back-bis,legs-shoulders-calves, abs every other day.) with 500-1000 cal sessions on the eliptical everyday(takes me an hour for 1000). is this overdoing it? ive been real;ly enthused lately and have been sticking to my diet, and i would HATE to reach a plateu. any ideas?
also, is it possible to maintain a "ripped" and tones physique without fat burners for cutting? im also 17, so would that be a health issue? thanks everyone.

don't do so much cardio. be better with your diet and put together a good weight training program.

You have some time till practice starts...so work on dropping the fat now.....but mostly from diet.......hit the cardio hard about a month before you start practice.

Worry about doing sprints more then steady state cardio. Sprints have been showen to increase aeobic conditioning as well as anerobic conditioning. Football by nature is not aeobic. it is anerobic, a typical play lasts 2-5sec. Also, doing such high amounts of cardio will have an impact on strength levels as your type II will display type I fiber characteristics and loose some of their strength and power. Not good. Don't hit the cardio hard a month out. Work on your conditioning and strength now. A month out you should already be ready to go.

If you're a definite starter in the side you should - bulk in the off-season, cut in the pre-season, and maintain in the season. Leaving you primed ready for the games.

If you're not a definite starter in the side then you need to get to your prime before the pre-season to make the side - that makes it a damn long season though.

lol, you are "pretty muscular" at 230, yet you want to lose 50 lbs anyways??
:spaz:

well, by pretty musclurar i mean i am strong. i have a really strong lower body and shoulders/chest. i do however, carry extra fat in the gut, and im not exactly lean. and i play fullback/DT, so being big isnt necesarily a "bad" thing. but i just want to lose BF more than anything. i would not care if i was 210 but lean. i am mainly losing wieght for the natural values(chicks,pride,better lifestyle) and the football speed will come naturally. i AM a starter, and we use I form religously, so i am involved in most every play. a few key questions.
1. is burning 500-1000 cal's a day on the eliptical going to make my slow twitch muscles more prodominant?
2. is 5-6 times a week(sometimes cardio in the morninng before breakfast, weights afterwards) at the gym too much for me?
3.can i get ripped and lean without supplements? i fear that i will always be kind of saggy, and not cut or ripped without fat burners. i wanna look good in the Under armour:( lol

DT at 180 is tiny

Hey I love football, played it all the time in middle school and high school. i was the running back, then once i got bigger i became center lineman. I was about 240 at 6'5 and they said I wasnt big enough. Just power through it. To lose get your diet dialed in. rotate moderate, and low carb days. keep fats at 50-65g and a emphasis on good fats. Try taking fish oil caps, flax oil liquid, and xtra virgin olive oil. Plus when I was in foot ball I used creatine the whole season, then off for 1 month then back on for the off season. worked well. try it out. cardio 3-4 days a week. 15-30 minutes. weights 3-4 days a week. push pull, run

my brother got a full paid scholarship to UMass and was one of the smallest guys on the team...he was 265 lbs at 6'4"...he got brutalized on the field and wound up with a herniated disk and had to have 2 surgeries. Forget it, youre too dman small. All the other guys are either juicing or out of their minds on some type of insane diet.

What position do you play? I'm a starting defensive tackle and offensive tackle so I like to be pretty heavy during the season, but at the same time have some mobility?

Stay away from the elliptical, it will fuck with your stride. Add to that: work on your sprints, diet to drop the weight.

Stick to interval training or sprints for the most part. Football is an anaerobically taxing sport. You may also want to check out my previous journal still linked in my signature; I have some good conditioning type anaerobic workouts in there that may be beneficial to you.

Also, work on your diet.

Listen to what they said on HIIT

at 17yo 5-9 you're a fireplug, I'd plan on playing FB at around 205-210 so you have the shit with you to plow LB's. At 190 I think they will plow you depending on what state you play in. I think that in HS at 205 you can play both sides at FB and LB if you are fast enough regardless of height.

you don't have to be that lean to look good

lol thanks for all the feedback boys... i forgot to mention... incase u didnt see the weedleaf:rocker: , im from canada lol. were not at the same intensity level as you guys in the states. wich is unfortunate, because i love it.im prolly gonna move to DE anyway because i am too small for defensive tackle. ive always been an athlete and quick on my feet, and i scored like, 10 TDs last year not even starting at fullback(im gonna start next year) but i could even move to tail back if i get into good enough shape. im worried about taking creatine because all my friends that take it have horrible bacne lol. maybe its just a coincidence, but i have a nice back right now and i put on muscle good as it is. i guess i should just run more and doo some HIIT, but i love the eliptical cuz i get such good results. i mean, 550 calories in a half hour? thats not bad at all, especially for my number one goal LOSE FAT. and i try to stay in the aerobic zone so that i am burning primarily fat for fuel, and not carbs and energy. and who knows, maybe ill shoot up a few inches and i wont even need to lose that much weight. not to mention, theres not many oppurtunites for 5'9 DT/FB at uni. im JW what type of HIIT i should do(im also not entirely sure what that would be) and like, what type of program i should be on. im never consistent with my sets/reps really, i alrentate like, every other workout with sets/reps. can anyone point me in the right direction for a football oriented strength program? p.s sorry about the long post and thanks again.

Tough Old Man said:
Don't diet and lose all that muscle. Have LIPO done to get rid of the fat and keep all that muscle.
also, in case u didnt know, im 17. i dont know if cardio is the BEST route for me, considering i want to lose 30-40 pounds. maybe for tough old men lipos the way to go lol:spaz:

IML Gear Cream!
You don't need supplements to get strong and/or big. The people who say that are full of it (no one on here). Creatine will add a lot of weight in just water. Once you get off, you'll most likely lose that weight. I would recommend doing this completely naturally. All I take is a multivitamin and flax oil (omega fatty acids), which is something I consider natural anyways. Everyone has a different definition of 'natural' but to each his/her own.

Work on the compound movements like squats and deadlifts. I'd even recommend the almighty weightlifting exercises like the C&J for explosive power. You'd be amazed at how strong you feel when you can move a couple hundred pounds from the floor to over your head. I guarantee you'll love doing them too. Just make sure you have someone who knows what they're doing teach you. It's possible to teach yourself, but you have to be an analytical and somewhat anal person like I am to do it correctly.

I would recommend simply decreasing your calories (creating a caloric deficit). So instead of spending an hour on the elliptical (which, as Dale said, will mess with your stride; this should make sense), eat a little less. Simple things like replacing anything you drink with either skim milk or water; switching from white to whole grain bread; slightly decreasing portion sizes; and eating smaller meals more frequently can do you wonders. I've lost somewhere around 35 pounds since August or September doing just these simple things and I've been gaining strength the whole time (ah, the wonders of youth).

Good luck.

I agree with the second paragraph; However, you really need to do some homework on creatine.
Also, I still think this kid needs to work on gaining weight otherwise he will be battered on the field.

Back