• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Why is fast food bad when trying to gain weight?

god hand

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Pizza hut, MC Donalds, KFC, Popyes, etc. I never understood why these foods are bad for you when trying to gain weight, but gets blame for everyone being a fatass? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'd say it all depends on what kind of weight you are trying to gain--fat or muscle?

garethhe said:
I'd say it all depends on what kind of weight you are trying to gain--fat or muscle?
I'm trying to gain weight

OK then. Sure, eating fried chicken from KFC and double whoppers from BK will provide you with muscle-building protein. But at what cost? The massive amounts of saturated fats and empty carbs will promote more fat than muscle gain, and the almost-nil vitamins+mineral levels in such foods doesn't translate into better overall health. Quite the opposite. Although, perhaps juicers can testify to good results from eating at these places.

garethhe said:
The massive amounts of saturated fats and empty carbs will promote more fat than muscle gain, and the almost-nil vitamins+mineral levels in such foods don't translate into better overall health. Quite the opposite.

Exactly...you'll have the added weight...be it fat, but you'll also have probably hurt your body in the process....clogged arteries...etc...just watch how much you eat of it man...would suck to put on the size and be unhealthy...

One thing to add is, it is actually possible to eat halfway decently at fast food joints nowadays, if you're careful. I'm thinking specifically of McD's, where you can get fruit&yogurt parfaits, apple dippers (minus the caramel topping), and the vanilla ice cream cone has surprisingly good nutritional stats as far as ice cream goes. Most chilis won't kill your health either, like at Wendy's. A bean-heavy item from Taco Bell can be decent if you're careful about the toppings. I can't remember seeing anything worth eating at BK or KFC, though.

None of the above can really be said to be muscle-building, however. If anybody knows of a muscle-building item from one of these places that doesn't hurt your overall health, I'd love to hear it!

I eat at taco bell once in a while, I get a potato and bean burrito and two bean burritos and just eat the insides of them, I throw the tortilla away, but I have to eat other things too to balance out the meal.

Tier said:
I eat at taco bell once in a while, I get a potato and bean burrito and two bean burritos and just eat the insides of them, I throw the tortilla away, but I have to eat other things too to balance out the meal.

I'm guessing that the Taco Bell tortilla isn't as bad for you as, say, the bun from a BK whopper. But, we're talking about the lesser of two evils here.

It's a shame Taco Bell doesn't have a whole wheat tortilla option. I would actually eat there once in a while if they did.

IML Gear Cream!
Taco Time is like Taco Bell for Canada. It's more expensive and a lot less greasy. I don't have a problem eating there usualy once every Saturday. Tastes great and you don't feel gross after eating it.

Here's the nutrional facts of what I get there:

Crisp Meat Burrito
Weight (oz) 5
Calories 393
Total Fat (gm) 20
Protein (gm) 23
Carb (gm) 30
Chol. (mg) 45
Sodium (mg) 752

Taco Salad
Weight (oz) 9.5
Calories 473