• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

tendons

ABLQ2

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
as you train and your muscls get bigger, do your tendons get thicker as well?

yes, tendons will get stronger. tendon strength is very important to strength and handeling heavier loads. However, tendons do not hypertrophy as quickly as muscle does so you need to be careful when progressing lifts and going for 1RMs. Make sure you are fully prepared and have built up to a certain strength level before hitting a 1RM and make sure that your 1RM attempt is resonable given your current level of strength.

1 rep maximum

ABLQ2 said:
as you train and your muscls get bigger, do your tendons get thicker as well?
Yes but much slower than skelital muscle...that's why you see all the injurys from steroid users when they get so strong so fast.....their tendons can't keep up with the muscles new strength.

does 1RM gives you a lot of results? more than 10 reps? how many 1RM r we talkin about.. let's say for benching

mrpower said:
does 1RM gives you a lot of results? more than 10 reps? how many 1RM r we talkin about.. let's say for benching

I don't understand your questions.

1RM is if you are training for strength or getting ready for a contest. You don't NEED to do a 1RM. It is not for everyone. I was just relating it to his question on tendon strength.

mrpower said:

1RM = 1 rep max

That means you are lifting a weight that is the heaviest you can do for 1 rep.

For example

Bench Press
135 x 8
185 x 5
205 x 3
225 x 1

So, that means i can do 225 for 1 rep as my 1RM .. the heaviest i can do until i shoot for 230 or 235 the next time i attempt for a new 1RM

Just dont do it all the time

what is the point of the 1RM anyway? if you are training to get stronger then you can judge your progress by your reps. 7 reps one week, then 9 the next means you are getting stronger. i have never attempted a 1RM because i don't see the point. if you need a number to tell someone there are calculators. i don't how accurate they would be though. any opinions?

IML Gear Cream!
the_general64 said:
what is the point of the 1RM anyway? if you are training to get stronger then you can judge your progress by your reps. 7 reps one week, then 9 the next means you are getting stronger. i have never attempted a 1RM because i don't see the point. if you need a number to tell someone there are calculators. i don't how accurate they would be though. any opinions?

1RM means nothing unless you are a competitor.

The calculations are off, and the further away from the 1rm, the worse they are. Most who utilize a 1rm are strength athletes like Powerlifters.

but is it just me or does this seem that a lot of non-competitors are overly concerned about there 1RM instead of focusing on getting bigger and stronger

the_general64 said:
but is it just me or does this seem that a lot of non-competitors are overly concerned about there 1RM instead of focusing on getting bigger and stronger

some people want to know. they set goals and they want to exceed them. testing your 1RM is a test of strength so I don't understand your question.

I'm not a competitive weightlifter at the moment, but it's certainly nice to see where I stand in comparison to others. For example, if I can get my BW down to the next lowest class, and I can get my deadlift to keep increasing, I can have a chance at a deadlift record. I believe the record is 570 for the 181.75 class at the 16-17 age level. If I get my BW down to 180 and keep increasing my deadlift, it'd be possible to break the record. However, I can't do this if I don't know how I'm progressing in the lift. How do I track my progress? My 1RM. Even if I don't end up going for a record, I'll still know how I've been doing and whether I need some drastic changes in my routine.

the_general64 said:

Well, a 1RM is certainly going to help you get stronger. Lifting at very high intensities stresses the phosphagen energy pathway and invokes the most neural adaptations. These factors may be somewhat beneficial to those who don't compete in events that require such tests of absolute strength. Granted, the benefits are going to be limited in comparison, but there nonetheless.

Back