• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

George Foreman Grills - opinions

mrmark

Londoner
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been thinking about buying a George Foreman Grill. Does anyone own 1? They've come down in price and i'm really tempted....

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

I own one of the older ones, and they're really convenient. My only real complaint is that the grill is not as big as it claims ("can cook 6 burgers at once") and isn't as easy to clean as they advertise. In fact, the cleaning is a pain (at least on the old ones). I think the new ones have a steamer above it? If so, that seems like it could come in handy if you want to steam some brocoli.

They're easy and convenient. Nothing more to say, buy one.

We've got one. Absoultely ideal for cooking pork chops. Bit of a pain to clean though.

Ok cheers! Are the newer/ewest any easier to clean?

the new ones are generally the same design, with minor improvements. basically the new ones are just a better deal than the old (more space and little features). either way, they are a great appliance to cook with. cleaning maybe a little tedious but its well worth it.

thanks everyone!! i'm going to be hunting 1 down next week.

as every has said, they're super convenient for cooking, and a pain in the arse for cleaning.

i've also heard ambivalent reports about the lean-mean-fat-reducing efficacy of the foreman grill. although, personally, i don't mind good old red meat fat--it's good for your testosterone.

mines called audley harrison.... looks the business and really flashy, cooks upto 36 minutes but only will cook low grade meat.

lol

Will

no substitute for the real thing IMO, but it is kinda cold out there nowadays.

IML Gear Cream!
A good product for sure, definitely worth having.

GreenMan said:
Bit of a pain to clean though.

Werd! :D

thajeepster said:
no substitute for the real thing IMO, but it is kinda cold out there nowadays.

I feel the same way; there's nothing like grilling all year round.

mrmark said:
Ok cheers! Are the newer/ewest any easier to clean?

I have one of the new versions ! I find mines easy to clean if you try and clean the grill when it is still hot right after your finished cooking it can be easily done, kitchen roll does the trick just watch u dont burn yourself ;)

the best ones have removeable grill plates so you can soak them in the sink to clean. that being said.... hamilton beach makes bigger and better grills with removeable plates for considerably less $$ than the foreman. check those out b/c you get more grill (bigger and more features such as a timer and removeable plates to make cleaning easier) for less money.

toned_scotsman said:
I have one of the new versions ! I find mines easy to clean if you try and clean the grill when it is still hot right after your finished cooking it can be easily done, kitchen roll does the trick just watch u dont burn yourself ;)

I agree on cleaning the grill right after use when it is still warm. I have one of the old ones and as soon as I am done using it, I will pour some water down it and wipe the grill. Much easier to clean if you do it right after than if you wait for the stuff to harden.

I clean mine while its still hot with a spray bottle filled with water. The spray steams off the gunk and it rolls down into the tray.

I like it but the only problem is cleaning it. You cannot remove the grill from the base. Obviously, you cannot soak it. That's the only problem.

the_leprechaun said:
i don`t think willsnarfs joke has been truely appreciated!!! lol

Cheers bud, glad someone found it funny!

Will

budhicks1 said:
I like it but the only problem is cleaning it. You cannot remove the grill from the base. Obviously, you cannot soak it. That's the only problem.

yep, that's why i like the versions with removeable grill surface plates that can be soaked. foreman has a few like this now but hamilton beach has had them for years. the other thing i like about the hamilton beach over the foreman besides the price and the timer - is the drip pan. the hamilton beach has one that physically is attached to the grill. it slides in and out of the bottom (kind of like the crumb tray in a toaster) i prefer that to the foreman since it's nearly impossible to spill/bump or knock it over.

Here is a tip for cleaning the foreman. It makes it really easy.

Put some aluminum foil on the bottom portion of the "grill," but on your food, and then lay another piece of aluminum foil over the food and close it. Cook the food, then just throw away the aluminum foil. Hope that helps.

IML Gear Cream!
nikegurl said:
yep, that's why i like the versions with removeable grill surface plates that can be soaked. foreman has a few like this now but hamilton beach has had them for years. the other thing i like about the hamilton beach over the foreman besides the price and the timer - is the drip pan. the hamilton beach has one that physically is attached to the grill. it slides in and out of the bottom (kind of like the crumb tray in a toaster) i prefer that to the foreman since it's nearly impossible to spill/bump or knock it over.

Hmmm, maybe I ought to check out the HB ones.

Just watch out in regards to non-stick things. There is a lot of new research coming out into the toxicity of teflon non-stick cooking utensils/equipment.

It has reached a stage where they are actually trying to get the stuff banned in Australia. :eek:

I dunno Emma, the only thing I know of is possibly toxic fumes when teflon is heated to extreme temps. But other than that, teflon has been around so long that its track record speaks for itself as far as health dangers.

SubliminalX said:
I dunno Emma, the only thing I know of is possibly toxic fumes when teflon is heated to extreme temps. But other than that, teflon has been around so long that its track record speaks for itself as far as health dangers.
:shrug:

I know the information has been around for a while - but it has come up a lot in the news lately due to new studies:
Washington post
EWG
Heathcare Industry
Video of except from Aust. TV show
Another 'blurb' from Aussie media
Scitech article

Even Dupont has been convinced to withdraw the use of the chemicals in their products...

**edit** - Oh, and this one Here as well.

I heard about it too. Something about when teflon scraps off it may seep into your foods and cause cancer.

Here's a silly question - how does it smell?

I'm in a college dorm, and it would be awesome to be able to cook up some stuff on it every day. Does it give off odors however? Aside from normal cooking odors?

Also, what do you like to cook on it? I know some things have to be better than others (at least taste wise) on that thing.... which works good with it?

Thanks

Hlanderr said:
Here's a silly question - how does it smell?

I'm in a college dorm, and it would be awesome to be able to cook up some stuff on it every day. Does it give off odors however? Aside from normal cooking odors?

Also, what do you like to cook on it? I know some things have to be better than others (at least taste wise) on that thing.... which works good with it?

Thanks

It sure does...but no worse than a frying pan or microwave.

Back