Oats for Post Post Workout Meal (Dinner)

Rep Points

Oats for Post Post Workout Meal (Dinner)

Hello, sorry for another dinner question lol.

I was just wondering I get home from gym at 6, have shake with banana, then 1 hour later at 7...I have dinner. Then I have CC/Almonds at 10, and go to sleep by 10:30.

I was just wondering if a cup of oats was fine for dinner? I usually have brown rice, but I'm looking for alternatives. I never really thought of having oats for dinner. I would probally have oats, almonds, and chicken breast and some broccoli of course. I'm leaning towards oats because 1 cup is very calorie dense (300 cal) and I am low on my calories today, because I had a small lunch.

Also is having 45-55g carbs for dinner (5th meal of the day) too much? On my old schedule I use to have fat/protein meals for my last two meals of the day. But I have to stick with the same workout time, because I am in a group with some amateur bodybuilders and they really work me out hard!!

Rep Points

You can have oats in any carb meal you want. IMO, oats are a slightly better carb source than brown rice anyway.

Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by r0dxx

I was just wondering I get home from gym at 6, have shake with banana, then 1 hour later at 7...I have dinner. Then I have CC/Almonds at 10, and go to sleep by 10:30.

I was just wondering if a cup of oats was fine for dinner? I usually have brown rice, but I'm looking for alternatives. I never really thought of having oats for dinner. I would probally have oats, almonds, and chicken breast and some broccoli of course. I'm leaning towards oats because 1 cup is very calorie dense (300 cal) and I am low on my calories today, because I had a small lunch.

Also is having 45-55g carbs for dinner (5th meal of the day) too much? On my old schedule I use to have fat/protein meals for my last two meals of the day. But I have to stick with the same workout time, because I am in a group with some amateur bodybuilders and they really work me out hard!!
    Stop posting questions!!

lol j/k.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.

Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi
    You can have oats in any carb meal you want. IMO, oats are a slightly better carb source than brown rice anyway.
    Honestly 85% of my carbs come from oats, I love them too much and there soo good for you.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by r0dxx

By all means. Also if your using them for a PWO meal, grind them as this will result in a faster acting carb.

Tough

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tough Old Man
    By all means. Also if your using them for a PWO meal, grind them as this will result in a faster acting carb.

Tough
    Will instant oatmeal work the same way, without the grinding?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by myCATpowerlifts
    Yes. Or you could use Quick Oats...

But for PWO I usually use Dextrose/Banana as my carb sources.

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by myCATpowerlifts
    instant oats has lots of added crap in it - and so what exactly the GI does will depend on what they added...

But quick oats will have a higher GI and will be more rapidly digested than old-fashioned rolled oats (larger surface area).
    ~

Try this....Arrowhead Mills Steel Cut Oats
    1. 8g fiber per 1/4 cup
    2. Extremely easy to eat
    "Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress."-Lloyd Alexander
    http://www.x-tremebodybuilding.com