• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Oats for Post Post Workout Meal (Dinner)

r0dxx

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello, sorry for another dinner question lol.

I was just wondering I get home from gym at 6, have shake with banana, then 1 hour later at 7...I have dinner. Then I have CC/Almonds at 10, and go to sleep by 10:30.

I was just wondering if a cup of oats was fine for dinner? I usually have brown rice, but I'm looking for alternatives. I never really thought of having oats for dinner. I would probally have oats, almonds, and chicken breast and some broccoli of course. I'm leaning towards oats because 1 cup is very calorie dense (300 cal) and I am low on my calories today, because I had a small lunch.

Also is having 45-55g carbs for dinner (5th meal of the day) too much? On my old schedule I use to have fat/protein meals for my last two meals of the day. But I have to stick with the same workout time, because I am in a group with some amateur bodybuilders and they really work me out hard!!

You can have oats in any carb meal you want. IMO, oats are a slightly better carb source than brown rice anyway.

r0dxx said:

I was just wondering I get home from gym at 6, have shake with banana, then 1 hour later at 7...I have dinner. Then I have CC/Almonds at 10, and go to sleep by 10:30.

I was just wondering if a cup of oats was fine for dinner? I usually have brown rice, but I'm looking for alternatives. I never really thought of having oats for dinner. I would probally have oats, almonds, and chicken breast and some broccoli of course. I'm leaning towards oats because 1 cup is very calorie dense (300 cal) and I am low on my calories today, because I had a small lunch.

Also is having 45-55g carbs for dinner (5th meal of the day) too much? On my old schedule I use to have fat/protein meals for my last two meals of the day. But I have to stick with the same workout time, because I am in a group with some amateur bodybuilders and they really work me out hard!!

Stop posting questions!! :pissed:

lol j/k.

Jodi said:
You can have oats in any carb meal you want. IMO, oats are a slightly better carb source than brown rice anyway.

Honestly 85% of my carbs come from oats, I love them too much and there soo good for you.

r0dxx said:

By all means. Also if your using them for a PWO meal, grind them as this will result in a faster acting carb.

Tough

Tough Old Man said:
By all means. Also if your using them for a PWO meal, grind them as this will result in a faster acting carb.

Tough

Will instant oatmeal work the same way, without the grinding?

myCATpowerlifts said:

Yes. Or you could use Quick Oats...

But for PWO I usually use Dextrose/Banana as my carb sources.

myCATpowerlifts said:
instant oats has lots of added crap in it - and so what exactly the GI does will depend on what they added...

But quick oats will have a higher GI and will be more rapidly digested than old-fashioned rolled oats (larger surface area).

Try this....Arrowhead Mills Steel Cut Oats
1. 8g fiber per 1/4 cup
2. Extremely easy to eat

Back