• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

the nerve...

tannywild

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Normal day at the gym, chest day on a fine thursday evening.

Decided to hit it a bit light and go back to benchin my 12 225's....

Minding my own business, chillin in the gym, then this little dude sits down at the bench next to me, puts a 35 plate on each side and goes to work.

No biggy, normal thing. Until he looks over at me, I look at him, and he starts giggling. I say to him "What's up bro?" ... He responds "Nothing, just funny because you're doing that wrong."...

I was about to die. I never expected him to say that. So I politely responded "Well, I'm still somewhat new to the game..." even though I was benching 225 and he was barely pushing 100 lbs.... "So tell me, what am I doing wrong?".

In short, he told me that I my hands were only suppose to be about 6 inches apart and any further out and I was working my back. Said he learned it from his personal trainer.

Fucking stupid personal trainers. I was insulted. Haha.

you should carry around a buisness card with this site URL's on it with something like

Hey Dumbass - u dont know it all!

What an idiot. What did you do after he said that. I dont have any idea what I would do...prolly just lay back down and start going again.

Graham

Your upper back should be involved in bench pressing regardless of the grip width you take if done properly. It is very important in stabilizing the path of the bar and during the eccentric to concentric rebound.

What a jackass that personal trainer is. Does he even know the functions of the chest?

Back