IronMagLabs Osta Rx


Canada has a new Prime Minister

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    18,563
    Rep Points
    66150743

    Canada has a new Prime Minister






    Well last night was our national election. After 12 years of Liberal Party control. The Conservative Party won a minority Government.

    Personally I see this as a good thing for Canada, as we needed to shake up our current regime that was in control.


    Not that I expect anyone to know alot about Canadian politics, as I hardly do myself. But any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,728
    Rep Points
    22298690

    A conservative canadian... that must be like a left wing american...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    18,563
    Rep Points
    66150743

    Results

    Conservatives 124
    Liberals 101
    Bloc Quebecois 51
    NDP 29
    Independent 1

    Steven Harper new Prime Minster.

    Replacing Paul Martin, who after defeat stepped down as the Liberal Party leader

  4. #4
    Registered User
    NeilPearson's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,002
    Rep Points
    13325264

    Wow, that is great news... Almost makes me want to move back there.

    "A conservative canadian... that must be like a left wing american... "

    Yeah they pretty much are the same thing

  5. #5
    ..is bulking up!
    ELITE MEMBER
    BulkMeUp's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cana-dah
    Posts
    5,681
    Rep Points
    4531477

    IMO, liberals needed a reality check. But i still dont trust the conservatives. So the present situation of the conservatives in a very minority govt with the liberals close on their heels is what i hoped for.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    NeilPearson's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,002
    Rep Points
    13325264

    Yeah I'm not sure about the conservatives either... way too left wing still.

    Canadian political choices are left wing or extreme left wing

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    18,563
    Rep Points
    66150743

    Quote Originally Posted by BulkMeUp
    IMO, liberals needed a reality check. But i still dont trust the conservatives. So the present situation of the conservatives in a very minority govt with the liberals close on their heels is what i hoped for.
    I am still amazed at the amount of people that say this. If anything the fear should be towards the Liberal party. Who have shown nothing but corruption for the past 12 years.

    I will admit that Harper is not someone I like as Prime Minister, and think that the Conservatives could have possibly reached a majority with a different leader

  8. #8
    ..is bulking up!
    ELITE MEMBER
    BulkMeUp's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cana-dah
    Posts
    5,681
    Rep Points
    4531477

    Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel
    I am still amazed at the amount of people that say this.
    I have difficulty in trusting Harper coz he 'just wont say' and thats true. On a debate he is prepared and says stuff. But when confronted with a question by reporters his response is generally 'thats not out parties position' but he almost NEVER clarifies what his parties position is at that same time. I have noticed this several times. If he was more forthcomming and outspoken as to what his parties position was/is other than on a planned debate, i would might have more faith in him.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    Congratulations

  10. #10
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    If GWB was a politician in Canada what party would he be with??? or would he have to start a new one?
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    18,563
    Rep Points
    66150743

    Christian Heritage Party

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    4,956
    Rep Points
    25470444

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    If GWB was a politician in Canada what party would he be with??? or would he have to start a new one?
    The one in your mouth. He would join the rest of us in that party.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    I will not kill innocents.

  13. #13
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,728
    Rep Points
    22298690

    Greatest president of all time?

    George Bush.




    True Story.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,865
    Rep Points
    1054879

    Canadian politics sound about as bloody awful as British politics -'tories', 'liberals', 'conservatives', what the hell , can't you lot not think up something better than something so clapped out?

    And while you are at it, why don't you cut that awful queeny profile off one side of your coins?

  15. #15
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by topolo
    The one in your mouth. He would join the rest of us in that party.
    How did you know about that
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  16. #16
    the true playboy
    kicka19's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,889
    Rep Points
    5154788

    Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel
    Well last night was our national election. After 12 years of Liberal Party control. The Conservative Party won a minority Government.

    Personally I see this as a good thing for Canada, as we needed to shake up our current regime that was in control.


    Not that I expect anyone to know alot about Canadian politics, as I hardly do myself. But any thoughts?
    You guys ever gona build an army?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke8395

    But, I've been with girls that had saggy chests and boring butts and they still had no personality. Those girls are usually really bitter. I think they realize they are useless.

  17. #17
    Back from the dead
    gococksDJS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,003
    Rep Points
    12006946

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+
    Canadian politics sound about as bloody awful as British politics -'tories', 'liberals', 'conservatives', what the hell , can't you lot not think up something better than something so clapped out?

    And while you are at it, why don't you cut that awful queeny profile off one side of your coins?
    We should just do away with all forms of structured government, and run around in loin cloths trading goods for seashells or something. I'm surprised you haven't moved to a desolate cabin in the mountains and taught yourself how to build bomb that you can mail to people.

  18. #18
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,728
    Rep Points
    22298690

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+
    can't you lot not think up something better than something so clapped out?
    No, but I think gococks has gotten the clap...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  19. #19
    Back from the dead
    gococksDJS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,003
    Rep Points
    12006946

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl
    No, but I think gococks has gotten the clap...
    Which time?

  20. #20
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    baja calif, Mexico
    Posts
    6,932
    Rep Points
    10






    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl
    No, but I think gococks has gotten the clap...
    TRUE TALE

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 07:39 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:56 AM
  3. Tom Ridge the Minister of Fear
    By LAM in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 09:17 PM
  4. Iraqi Minister
    By Jodi in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 06:47 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 10:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->