Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

Hypertension? too much salt?

Rep Points

Hypertension? too much salt?

hey guys, its been like 3 days now, that I bleed from my nose. people are telling me thats from hypertension, or high intake of salt. I am doing my best to stay away from junk food, and im eating frozen dinners at work for lunch, like leancuisine, or healthychoice. this bleeding is making really nervous.

is the daily recommended intake of sodium 2400mg? I was checking out the dietary facts of the subway subs and I want to know if you guys think it will be ok to eat subways for lunch every day. like I could buy a 12inch, eat half then eat half later or the next day. I was eating a lot of junkfood, until about a month ago.

will drinking lots of water help me lower my hypertension?

thanks.

Rep Points

nobody....

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Do you know you have hypertension?

A bleeding nose can mean lots of things (hot weather, clotting problems... finger has been up there too much )...

But, no, drinking lots of water will not help it...

If you are concerned go and speak to your doctor. The internet is not the place to get medical advice.
    ~

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh
    Do you know you have hypertension?

A bleeding nose can mean lots of things (hot weather, clotting problems... finger has been up there too much )...

But, no, drinking lots of water will not help it...

If you are concerned go and speak to your doctor. The internet is not the place to get medical advice.

i live in florida, and right now is nowhere near hot. clotting problems? have no idea what would cause that. and no, I do not pick my nose, if i feel its dirty, ill just blow on a tissue or something.

wasnt looking for expert advice, just thought the healthnuts here could give me good advice on salt intake.

thanks anyway.

Rep Points

Really,

3 day nose bleed go to the doctor!!!!

Could be nothing, could bleed out in the middle of the night, could be having a stroke!!!! Unless your are allready hypertensive sodium intake wont affect a healthy body that much, your kidneys are very good at purging excess salt.

No way any of us "health nuts" could help you on line, Have you read our posts? I wouldn't take my advice!!!

Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I pick my nose all the time. It's a delicious PWO snack.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.

Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

On a Mission!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Nose bleeds are not a symptom of high blood pressure. Most people don't even know they have high blood pressure. That is why heart disease is one of the leading killers of people in America. If you have chronic nose bleeds, you need to go to the doctor. Like Emma said, the internet is not the place to seek medical advice. You are at risk for hypertension if you have one or more of these in your profile:

• A family history of hypertension or heart disease
    • Are Obese
    • Drink too much Alcohol
    • Consume a lot of Sodium
    • Have High Stress in your life

None of these make your nose bleed. Go to a doctor.

Rep Points

This is what the National Institutes of Health (NIH) say are symptoms of hypertension and yes, it includes nosebleeds (I found the NIH site through google, which also turned up other results identifying nosebleeds as a possible symptom):

Symptoms Return to top

Most of the time, there are no symptoms. Symptoms that may occur include:

* Confusion
    * Chest pain
    * Ear noise or buzzing
    * Irregular heartbeat
    * Nosebleed
    * Tiredness
    * Vision changes

If you have a severe headache or any of the symptoms above, see your doctor right away. This may be a signs of a complication or dangerously high blood pressure called malignant hypertension.

Reducing sodium by drinking less soda, eating less salt, and eating more fruits/veggies/wheat or whole oat foods, while checking sodium levels on labels is recommendable but do your own research, too-- and maybe yeah, see a doctor.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Those frozen dinners are loaded with sodium more than likely.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Cleaner

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl View Post
    I pick my nose all the time. It's a delicious PWO snack.
    We live way to clean of a life. I think you should eat your snot. Kids do it in all cultures. It has to be for a reason!!! Build immunity by eating snot!!! Sorry, I think I got off subject. I do know that snot tastes salty so it might not help your blood pressure. However, not eating snot might make you suffer from pathogens that you don't build immunity against due to lack of your daily recommended snot requirements. Ask your doctor to clarify this.

mmmm weights..

Rep Points

Def drop those frozen dinners if you're concerned about sodium intake. They contain ridiculous amounts of sodium.
    Damn