• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Reheating Foods in Plastic

boilermaker

On a Mission!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What's the lowdown on reheating food in plastic containers. I've noticed some comments here saying it is dangerous. I am one that tends not to believe much of the hype surrounding artificial sweeteners, mercury in tuna, etc.......I think that crap is started politicians and funded by political action groups and people with nothing better to research. So, I'm not really concerned about this much. I would, however like to see the opinions and any doccumentation on the subject. I use mostly the disposable tupperware stuff. Comments appreciated.

I re-heat my food in the tupperware that I pack them in when I leave in the morning.

Paul Chek or Mercola probably have something to say about this though. But then again....those two live with sticks up their asses.

I am constantly reheating food in plastic containers when I'm at work. If I suddenly stop posting here, you'll know it wasn't a good idea. :)

A while back a chemist in the food plastics biz told me you really shouldn't reheat the black food trays used in the frozen foods you buy. He said they actually have some chemicals released when they are constantly reheated that are not to good for your liver. But thanks to the FDA they let it slide. This was a few years ago. Some boxes even said not to reuse the trays. I don't know if this has been corrected to date but I would err on the side of caution. This chemist dude knew his shit.

But then again I don't have any problem downing Creatine Ethyl Ester which hasn't been proven totally safe. So what?
docmad1ua.jpg

docmad14ym.jpg

Last edited:
There has been some similar discussions on this earlier.. Ummm... I'll see if I can find it...

But there is some evidence to suggest that xenoestrogens and phenols are released into the food when you heat things in plastic containers (same things as when you are re-using plastic bottles over and over)...

It is more of a concern with super heating... or when using things that are not specifically designed for high temperatures...

But if you are using microwave safe tupperware then I would not imagine it would be an issue...

Emma-Leigh said:
But if you are using microwave safe tupperware then I would not imagine it would be an issue...

Whew, I'm safe. Looks like you won't be getting that PM any time soon, BM. :laugh:

Hey boilermaker, I don't know if this helps, but the GladWare containers I use imply that they are microwave safe as long as you open a corner (if you use the lid) to vent the air, and also as long as you don't use them for boiling (I imagine they mean in the microwave). Relating to what Emma said, I would just not use them for microwaving for too long of a time as I would imagine the hotter you let it get, the more concern you should have for those chemicals from the plastic to leak out.

Phew!, I'd hate to change my lifestyle for the better only to develop alzheimer's disease from splenda and then forgetting I had mercury poisoning and liver disease from reheating my tuna in plastic containers.

IML Gear Cream!
I wouldnt heat anything up in a reused yogurt container for example. Microwave safe containers are your safest bet.

Fuck microwaves. They make food taste like soggy ass anyway. Just take the extra few minutes and stick it in the oven.

CowPimp said:
Fuck microwaves. They make food taste like soggy ass anyway. Just take the extra few minutes and stick it in the oven.

as a soggy ass afficionado, i must take great exception with your aspersions sir

Oven?!! Those fang-dangle things...???

No way.... Don't you know that an open fire is far better!!

Simply make a ground oven -
1. make a big old fire
2. dig hole
3. put hot coles in hole
4. place on the whole hog/deer/buffalo or other game meat you hunted with your own hands
5. arrange hand-gathered root tupers, nuts and berries around carcass
6. cover with bark
7. cover with more hot coles
8. allow to roast slowly for 5-6 hours
9. remove from ground and eat (with your bare hands of course... who needs cutlery!!?)

:p

Back