• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Wow I loved it

Tough Old Man

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Today was leg day for me. So I had just finished on my hack squat machine and while standing there I got this brain storm. I wondered if I could stand in it with my hand to my side and shrug my shoulders. Fuck yes it worked. So I got off the machine added weight and went back to work.
What I liked about this was no strain on the back and no problem gripping a heavy ass bar when doing standing shrugs with heavy weight. All my concentration was on my traps and not worrying about grip or anything else. I'm sure this is not new but was for me and from now on it will be the way I work my traps.

Tough

Real men use barbells for shrugs

I forgot the name of that particular shrug (except some people do it with a BB as if you were gunna do squats) but it sounds effective..... it never occured to me to try it on the hack squat

Hlanderr said:
I forgot the name of that particular shrug (except some people do it with a BB as if you were gunna do squats) but it sounds effective..... it never occured to me to try it on the hack squat

Hise Shrug

P-funk said:
Hise Shrug
Hise shrug. Damn I thought I made up one. Was going to call it "Tough Shrugs". Patrick that exercise felt like it worked my traps better then standing BB shrugs. Maybe cause I could concentrate more on the shrug and not worry about grip or pressure on the lower back.

PT

Tough Old Man said:
Hise shrug. Damn I thought I made up one. Was going to call it "Tough Shrugs". Patrick that exercise felt like it worked my traps better then standing BB shrugs. Maybe cause I could concentrate more on the shrug and not worry about grip or pressure on the lower back.

PT

yea, i like the exercise. I do it with a BB when i do it though but I have done it with the calf raise machine.

Tough Old Man said:
Today was leg day for me. So I had just finished on my hack squat machine and while standing there I got this brain storm. I wondered if I could stand in it with my hand to my side and shrug my shoulders. Fuck yes it worked. So I got off the machine added weight and went back to work.
What I liked about this was no strain on the back and no problem gripping a heavy ass bar when doing standing shrugs with heavy weight. All my concentration was on my traps and not worrying about grip or anything else. I'm sure this is not new but was for me and from now on it will be the way I work my traps.

Tough

There are few things quite as good as learning a new exercise. Hell yes!

Back