• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

food taste

Death_ADDER

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have started my diet but now I'm kinda getting tired of potatoes with nothing on, same as with chicken and rice. Anything like soya sauce or anything to kinda help a lil? that would still be good to eat?

Steve

Herbs, spices and low joule sauces are all fine to add (eg: pepper, garlic, dill, basil, mint, coriander, chili, cayenne, cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon juice, lime juice, low-salt soy, oyster sauce, vinegar, mustard, wasabi etc etc)... Unless you dollop out half of the sauce container, the cals they add will be insignificant.

Emma-Leigh said:
(eg: pepper, garlic, dill, basil, mint, coriander, chili, cayenne, cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon juice, lime juice, low-salt soy, oyster sauce, vinegar, mustard, wasabi etc etc)...

Did all that just come off the top of your head? :spaz:

Rocky_B said:
Did all that just come off the top of your head? :spaz:

Yes, she pwns people with her vast knowledge. :eek:

other things are salsa, ff cheeses, ff sour cream, Mrs. Dash seasonings. I even use some of the seasonings that contain sodium because I never add salt to my food.

Waldens Farms makes a huge series of Calorie Free dressings.

Death_ADDER said:
I have started my diet but now I'm kinda getting tired of potatoes with nothing on, same as with chicken and rice. Anything like soya sauce or anything to kinda help a lil? that would still be good to eat?

Steve
I like to twice-bake my potatoes. Just cook a normal baked potato, scoup it out, mix in whatever fits you diet, then pack it back in and cook for 20-25 minutes. I like to use a little 2% milk and garlic powder. Yum!

I just have a quick question about things like vinegar, other sauces/spices etc... Since many are high in sodium, this would lead to more water retention, wouldn't it?

Seanp156 said:
I just have a quick question about things like vinegar, other sauces/spices etc... Since many are high in sodium, this would lead to more water retention, wouldn't it?
Only if your body was not used to a high sodium intake or if your kidneys were not working.

If you have a constantly high sodium diet then your body adjusts and increases sodium lost in your pee... When you lose sodium you lose water as well - so you eventually reach a 'balance'.

This is the theory behind sodium loading/depleting for a show... You jack up the sodium and water and you bloat initially, but then your body starts to pee it all out in huge amounts... Then you cut the sodium suddenly (and decrease your water too) - however, as your body is 'slow' to notice the change you continue to pee out mucho sodium and water - so you essentially drain your body of sodium and water making you 'dry out'.

Emma-Leigh said:
Only if your body was not used to a high sodium intake or if your kidneys were not working.

If you have a constantly high sodium diet then your body adjusts and increases sodium lost in your pee... When you lose sodium you lose water as well - so you eventually reach a 'balance'.

This is the theory behind sodium loading/depleting for a show... You jack up the sodium and water and you bloat initially, but then your body starts to pee it all out in huge amounts... Then you cut the sodium suddenly (and decrease your water too) - however, as your body is 'slow' to notice the change you continue to pee out mucho sodium and water - so you essentially drain your body of sodium and water making you 'dry out'.

Interesting... Not that I have any desire to dehydrate myself... :laugh:

Back