IronMag Research Chems

testosterone levels

Rep Points

testosterone levels

Do levels of testosterone stimulate which areas of the body retain fat? IE lower testotereson levels would cause someone to retain fat in places like the waist and stomach, possibly breast area.

Rep Points

Kind of sort of yes. Testosterone actually helps mobilize fat for the body to use. Low levels of testosterone can cause fat accumulation which can cause an increase in estrogen which deposits fat in the areas you mentioned. It's not cut and dried, but you got the right idea.

Rep Points

I have read about testoserone replacement threapys for people who have naturally low levels. Does this offer only short term benefits or is it so to say possible to jump start the system or to say something of that nature?

Liftis Bigis Weightis

Rep Points

HRT is supposed to improve LBM and bone mineral density. Also depression and libido.
    The benefits stop as soon as the therapy stops.
    Your bodies natural balance will return along with lower testosterone output.
    The key is to receive just enough exogeneous hormone to bring the level of hormone within the normal range of what your body should produce daily on its own without interferring with the HPTA axis negative feedback. Actually its a pretty delicate balance. Some claim after a while they feel no different.
    I'm in my 3rd month of androgel and I think it's great.
    "I just have shit bag genetics but a good work ethic." P-FUNK

Rep Points

I see I see. So is HRT something that has to continually go on for it to be benefical or do Doctors put people on it for periods of time such as maybe 8 weeks or something like that? I ask because you said the effects where off after treatment stopped

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Once you go on HRT, it is permanant.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Permanant as in you keep needing to "replace" or it physically changes something in your body? Sorry I dont mean to "beg the question" here. How do they administer something like this; pill, injection?

Liftis Bigis Weightis

Rep Points

Yes,
    HRT replaces what your gonads don't produce. The condition is known as hypogonadism. It could be any number of things causing it. You must have a full hormone screen to determine if your testosterone is within a given range. A doctor will have to keep checking and adjusting to see how your body responds to small doses of exogeneous testosterone. Androgel transdermal gel is most conveinient but just one type and has only been approved by the FDA since 2000 but there is a much wider acceptance for this type of therapy especially for middle aged folks like me. There is also injections, compounding gels, and patches.
    There is lots of info on andropause therapy throughout the web.
    But like my doc said it won't give me bigger muscles. That's not the purpose.
    I have to get those on my own. Which way to the gym? This is a good link to more info on hormone modulation therapy or HRT: www.lef.org/protocols/prtcl-130.shtml

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamB
    Permanant as in you keep needing to "replace" or it physically changes something in your body?
    Hormonal Replacement Therapy

Rep Points

Ahh I see I see thanks SHM. Is the process expensive?

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

$10-$20 a week from what I remember, for HRT and just HRT. Some outfits may be more or less.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamB
    Ahh I see I see thanks SHM. Is the process expensive?
    If you have medical insurance then no. You have your office visits to the doctor and your deductable on the prescrotions. My insurance would make me pay $8.50 for a monthly supply. Dr. visit $10. So $18.50 month for me if I have to visit the Dr. once a month. Probably only have to visit him once every three months.

Rep Points

The reason I ask all this is I am wondering if it is worth it for me to get my tesosterone levels checked. I have many of the "symptoms" of low levels; patchy facial hair, fat deposits typically in my waist and hips, and chest area, sometimes I feel like I am loosing more muscle mass than gaining. I am a 21 year old male so it doesnt seem like something someone would typically get checked out at this age. I have a younger brother that has more facial hair than I. haha. Is it worth it?

Liftis Bigis Weightis

Rep Points

Most people on HRT are older. Test levels drop as we age. If your test is low at 21 it probably will only decline as you age. Call a doctor and ask what it would cost for a hormone screen. That is the best way to find out. Also your diet and activity levels have a definite affect on body fat composition. At 21 you should have less waist fat unless you are a somewhat sedentary individual.

Rep Points

Alright so sounds like you all dont think it could be levels of testosterone lower than normal. How about estrogen levels that are to high is that possible? Could that be why I have fatty tissue in the breast area?

the true playboy

Rep Points

whats ur bf%?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke8395

But, I've been with girls that had saggy chests and boring butts and they still had no personality. Those girls are usually really bitter. I think they realize they are useless.

Rep Points

Clean up your diet. Maybe that is why all the estrogen is coming from.
    LIFE IS FULL OF ROSES IF WELL PLANNED. FAMILY DOCTOR