• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Can I stay at 230 and still cut?

sabresrock299

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ive finally hit 230 on my bulk diet while working out 4-5 days a week with no cardio. The question I have is can I cut up in time for summer without dropping any weight? My plan was slowly adding things to my routine. For example...

Weeks 1 and 2 - Start doing cardio 3 days a week.

Weeks 3 and 4 - Increase reps on all my lifts from the 4 - 8 range to around 10.

Weeks 5 and 6 - Drop my caloric intake from about 4,200 to 3,800 and work on the right protein/carb/fat ratio

Weeks 7 and 8 - Find a metabolism/fat burning supplement.

I know the fastest and best way to get cut up is to drop in weight but for some reason I get depressed when Im 220 and less. I think I have that "muscle dysformia" thing.

So is this a good plan? I can post my current diet if itll help you give advice.

What is your Body fat % at 230.....what is your waist measurement???
What do you want to reduce those numbers down to....so you are cut

ForemanRules said:
What is your Body fat % at 230.....what is your waist measurement???
What do you want to reduce those numbers down to....so you are cut

Im at 18% bodyfat right now. I wear size 34 jeans.

Im 6'1.5" btw.

Any progress would be awsome but I guess my goal for this summer is to be at 14% bodyfat.

Is dropping 4% bodyfat in 3 months impossible to do without losing weight?

yeah i think so! you will have to be very discliplined with diet though. Its hard to give you a direct plan, i think the best way to achieve your goal is through trial and error. Keep a close eye on bf%, weight and cals, eat clean and adjust cals according to stats every couple of weeks. Im sure the mods can give you more direct advice as to which cals to drop.

How can you lose fat without dropping weight?

You got to 230lbs eating only 4200 cals a day? Damn I wish I could do that. Anyway, I don't really think you'll be able to cut without losing ANY weight... Doing a slow cut and just slightly lowering cals will minimize muscle loss.

to get ripped (sub 10%) you'd have to drop 8% bodyfat... thats 18lbs fat. To stay the same weight you'd have to add 18lbs muscle at the same time. That doesnt really sound feasible. I'd shoot for 215 and ripped. Then next time you bulk, shoot for 245-250lbs, and cut down to 230.

Back