• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Doing cardio after weights?

Tha Don

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Right due to work/time restrictions I'm no longer able to hit the gym 6 days a week and do 3 days of weights and 3 days of cardio, its just too time consuming and seems to be an ineffcient way of doing things

I'd like to start doing my lifting and cardio in the same sessions if possible

At the moment and weights session lasts typically 50mins-1hr, and a cardio session is HIIT running/sprinting for 10 minutes

How would I go about combining the 2? Is it okay to just do my weights then hop on the treadmill and do my running? Or do I need to cut back the volume in my weights sessions slightly to account for the cardio at the end (so i can keep it under 1hr)? Should I leave a gap between the weights and cardio parts, should I consume a shake in this gap? or some BCAA's or something? Should I keep the intensity and length of my cardio the same as before, or will this need to change due to doing the cardio on depleted energy and glycogen stores?

Any advice would be really appriciated!

if you were talking SS cardio i'd say immediately following lifting is fine. HIIT, however, should be treated as a training session and IMO should be done at a different time of the day entirely or separate days.

Thanks for the fast reply

I could probably do HIIT one day a week then if i could get the the gym a 4th day, which i could probably do at the weekend

What do you mean by SS cardio? Will this have the similar health and vascularity benefits? they are my main reasons for wanting to do cardio right now, as i am bulking not trying to lose weight, although i don't have a problem eating enough so the cals i burn from the cardio is irrelevant to me, it always seems to be beneficial to bodycomp

SS = steady state. longer bouts of medium intensity. if you're bulking i'd keep cardio to a minimum anyway. one HIIT session a week is plenty. maybe another day for your overall cardiovascular health but you don't want to work against your current goals.

What do you reckon to doing high intensity cardio about 1.5 hrs after a workout. Is that long enough or should it be done in the evening instead?

mrmark said:
What do you reckon to doing high intensity cardio about 1.5 hrs after a workout. Is that long enough or should it be done in the evening instead?
i'd leave a good few hours to let your body recover full from the lifting session, plus you'd need a PWO shake, meal, and maybe something before your cardio session, so i'd certainly leave it till later on

The13ig13adWolf said:
SS = steady state. longer bouts of medium intensity. if you're bulking i'd keep cardio to a minimum anyway. one HIIT session a week is plenty. maybe another day for your overall cardiovascular health but you don't want to work against your current goals.
thanks

plan is to do this then:
mon - chest/abs
tue - rest
wed - back/SS cardio
thur - rest
fri - delts/bis/tris*
sat - HIIT cardio OR legs**
sun - rest

* - yes, i prefer working the guns as one
** - rotated week to week, yes i know i should work legs every week but it is winter over here right now, and i do lots of walking, plus HIIT is a leg workout in itself!

:thumb:

mrmark said:
evening IMO.

young d said:
Right due to work/time restrictions I'm no longer able to hit the gym 6 days a week and do 3 days of weights and 3 days of cardio, its just too time consuming and seems to be an ineffcient way of doing things

I'd like to start doing my lifting and cardio in the same sessions if possible

At the moment and weights session lasts typically 50mins-1hr, and a cardio session is HIIT running/sprinting for 10 minutes

How would I go about combining the 2? Is it okay to just do my weights then hop on the treadmill and do my running? Or do I need to cut back the volume in my weights sessions slightly to account for the cardio at the end (so i can keep it under 1hr)? Should I leave a gap between the weights and cardio parts, should I consume a shake in this gap? or some BCAA's or something? Should I keep the intensity and length of my cardio the same as before, or will this need to change due to doing the cardio on depleted energy and glycogen stores?

Any advice would be really appriciated!
I do a fast 2 mile run after 2 of my workouts. For me it works great, I am getting stronger and in better shape for my cardio as well. No way in hell I want to be in the gym 6 days a week.

I do my treadmill stuff after weights, works fine for me. I dont want to go twice a day.

Back