• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

A Hawks fans response to the Super Bowl...

gr81

You Lack Intensity!!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
well I have been hesitant to say anything b/c the moment I open my mouth about the super bowl, people are gonna jump down my throat saying I am biased, which is true, I am biased. However I will go on record as sayin that the way Sunday's game was officiated, it is an absolute Embarassment for the league and there is just absolutely no excuse for these officials to not be fired/heavily fined. These guys, who supposedly are the best crew the NFL has to offer, had two weeks full of preperation and tape watching for this game. This is not a conspiracy theory of any kind, I don't think anyone paid them off, I just think that they certainly were going to give the edge to Pittsburg on the field, something which is unbelievably unproffessional and unnacceptable in any league. BTW Seattle fans are not the only ones crying foul play, I mean when John Madden is questioning the ruling on the field on air, you know its a bad call b/c he is notoriously known for never questioning officials calls. Not to say they are to take full blame for their loss, b/c Jeremy Stevens dropped 3 huge passes that cost them big time. But these blown/overzelous calls absolutely changed the scope of the game. That pass to Stevens that got them down to the 1 yrd line that was brought back to the 40 b/c of a supposed Locklear hold, that changed the game drastically, especially since the next play Hasselback threw a pick and had a flag thrown against him. The fact of the matter is this, the Seahawks are a better team than the Steelers, and if this game is played 10 times, the Hawks win 7 of em, and if they were actually outplayed sunday and the Steelers deserved to win then I would give proper respect. hoep you steelers fans can sleep at night knowing you got aways with robbery....

The refs were a little "off" through the most of the playoff games this year.

The whole world knew randle el was going to throw that ball. Did the refs make the db's stop covering Ward too?

did the refs have a role in this game? yes.

just as they did in the patriots/broncos game.

something has to be done.

The Seahawks would win 7 out of the 10 times hahaha

topolo said:
The whole world knew randle el was going to throw that ball. Did the refs make the db's stop covering Ward too?

Apparently the refs helped block on the 75 yard touchdown run too.

my brain just exploded

If the Steelers and Seahawks played 10 times, the Seahawks would choke 8 of them. The reason they wouldn't choke on the other 2 is because they would be down by so much.

Madden did question both calls, but on the holding call, he did say that he hooked him, and on the pass interference call the dude did push off in the end zone. The one I would give you is the Roethlisberger touchdown, which I thought was in, but am not sure the ref on the field was certain. But for only one man to be covering Ward on that 3rd and 28 play is one of the dumbest things they could have done.

That Randle El play was ridiculous, it was so blatantly obvious what was going on.

It's funny that people only speak out about how bad the refs are when their team gets owned. The officiating in every round of the playoffs was bad, why speak up only now.

Refs, Refs, refs, the fact of the matter is that although the refs may have made a poor call in a few situations there was enough mistakes made by the chicken hawks to overcome the officiating. Poor calls are a factor in every game, you can only hope that you do your part to overcome them. Erase half of the mistakes that the chicken hawks made and they still win! Bottom line.

IML Gear Cream!
gr81 said:
the Seahawks are a better team than the Steelers, and if this game is played 10 times, the Hawks win 7 of em,

Then it's a good thing for Pittsburgh that only the first game counts. :lol:

There were two obvious bad calls that had a huge impact on the outcome of this game. The first was the holding penalty that did not exist. That play would have ultimately resulted in a TD. The second bad call was the block below the waist on Hasselback after the INT. How the hell can you have a call of blocking below the waist when you are the person trying to tackle the player and you're on defense??? Answer: YOU CAN'T!

Both of these plays had a significant difference in the outcome. Does that mean the Seahawks would have won? Unlikely, but it shouldn't have to be decided like that.

regardless of the officiating, Seattle has a history of choking in the playoffs...the refs didn't prevent anyone from covering Ward on the flicker to Randel-EL

Maybe so but that play never would have happened if the above bad calls were never made!

It would have been made regardless, just not right then.

The fact of the matter is that no matter how dominant the Seahawks were yardage-wise, they got to the red zone only once.

It would have been twice given the correct call. To extrapolate a TD out of that may be reaching but a FG at worst which makes this game either 17-14 or 13-14.

You can't say that play would have come anyway. Remember there was only 10:00 minutes left when Pitt took possession.

The chop block on Hassleback was also a bull shit call, as was the delay of game that they didn't call when the clock hit zero before Roethlisberger called time out.

Did I mention that I rubbed one out?

I think the pick he threw had more bearing than the penalties. The game was over by the time they called the blocking penalty on Haselback, wasn't it? Madden was also saying they should have kicked the field goal with that little time left since it was an 11 point game anyway. might as well get a fresh set of downs. The Seahawks had horrible clock management, and were outcoached.

You know I completely forgot about the delay/timeout should have been penalty. The more I relive that damn game the more I think the NFL...:hmmm:

Wasn't their a delay of game on Hasselback that they never called, during the pick he threw?

IML Gear Cream!
Dale Mabry said:
I think the pick he threw had more bearing than the penalties. The game was over by the time they called the blocking penalty on Haselback, wasn't it?

No! It was 10-14 with 10 minutes on the clock. The ball would/should have been placed at the Pitt 29. 15 Yards made a huge difference.

Dale Mabry said:
Madden was also saying they should have kicked the field goal with that little time left since it was an 11 point game anyway. might as well get a fresh set of downs. The Seahawks had horrible clock management, and were outcoached.

That is where I agree. The coaching was horrible! Not only the end of the game when they should have kicked a FG and at least tried an onside kick, but what about to end the second half? They just let the clock run down and then instead of running the ball to get 5+ yards closer for the attempt they try that damn deep side line pass. :wtf:

Dale Mabry said:
Wasn't their a delay of game on Hasselback that they never called, during the pick he threw?

This is my sob story damnit! Don't ruin it.

I agree with gr81 on this and I was a neutral fan during the game. Rothlisberger did not appear to be in and how the ref saw that he was indeed in was beyond me. And the off. pass interference call to me seemed like bullshit as well as some other calls that may have not been as critical.

I Are Baboon said:
Apparently the refs helped block on the 75 yard touchdown run too.

I am sorry but this pisses me off a little.

Are you seriously denying that the calls in this game impacted the game?

Can't someone say that w/o being accused of saying Seattle played perfectly and would have won?

I saw Seattle choke in person, but I also saw an embarrassment that was the officiating.

Dale Mabry said:
If the Steelers and Seahawks played 10 times, the Seahawks would choke 8 of them. The reason they wouldn't choke on the other 2 is because they would be down by so much.

Madden did question both calls, but on the holding call, he did say that he hooked him, and on the pass interference call the dude did push off in the end zone. The one I would give you is the Roethlisberger touchdown, which I thought was in, but am not sure the ref on the field was certain. But for only one man to be covering Ward on that 3rd and 28 play is one of the dumbest things they could have done.

That Randle El play was ridiculous, it was so blatantly obvious what was going on.

It's funny that people only speak out about how bad the refs are when their team gets owned. The officiating in every round of the playoffs was bad, why speak up only now.

How did the Seahawks get "owned?' The had more yards, more time of possession, they had less turnovers.

The safetly slipped on the 3rd down play, it was right in front of me.

That "push off" by D Jax is NEVER called. Michael Irving would not have caught a TD if that were called. What about the holding on Terry? It wasn't there. What about the "tackling below the waist" call on Hasselbeck that set up the trick play?

Watch a fucking game every once in a while.

Huh? Speak up now?

Talk radio, message boards, EVERYONE has been bitching about the calls all playoffs.

Are you awake?

Pepper said:
How did the Seahawks get "owned?' The had more yards, more time of possession, they had less turnovers.

The safetly slipped on the 3rd down play, it was right in front of me.

That "push off" by D Jax is NEVER called. Michael Irving would not have caught a TD if that were called. What about the holding on Terry? It wasn't there. What about the "tackling below the waist" call on Hasselbeck that set up the trick play?

Watch a fucking game every once in a while.

You now know how us patriots fans felt about that bullshit pass interference call against the broncos. Our situation was worse because our guy didn't even use his HANDS to push him away or anything .. the seattle guy was questionable because he used his hand but i agree it was a bad call.

There were bad calls but so what? Good teams overcome bad calls. What we witnessed was Mike Holmgren choking in big games again. Lousy clock management--no doubt. Bad Play calling--yup. Seattle plays west coast offense so why the hell is Hasselbeck throwing like Jim Plunkett every other pass downfield? You beat a defense like Pitt's w/ 1st downs, not homeruns. The hawks were smoking Pitt's D w/ short routes. True, Seattle was hit w/ some injuries during the game but adjustments must be made...it's the friggin Superbowl TM. I just think that Holmgren is a good coach who chokes in big games.

I still believe that Seattle was the more talented team.

Back