Cemproducts.com

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Insulin

Thread: Insulin

Rep Points

Insulin

I have read that taking Insulin can help build muscle. I am diabetic and have to take Insulin shots daily. Will this help me like it can help others? I am new to the game so anything will help. If there is a different place I should post please re-direct me. Thanks...

Rep Points

No way in hell you need to fuck with that. Only a total fool would take the risk.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Rep Points

Like I said I am a Diabetic and I have to take it but I have read that some fools do take it for some reason. What does it do for the non-diabetic choosing to take it? Believe me I know the effects it has.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bkhenry
    Like I said I am a Diabetic and I have to take it but I have read that some fools do take it for some reason. What does it do for the non-diabetic choosing to take it? Believe me I know the effects it has.
    Ask your Doctor if you think it's such a great idea.
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Rep Points

I don't think it is a great idea at all for someone who is NOT diabetic!!! I was just wondering why someone would???

Rep Points

An overdose of insulin, as you probably know, could send you into diabetic coma from severe hypoglycemia. But insulin has anabolic properties too. http://www.ironmagazine.com/article80.html

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Diabetics and non-diabetics successfully use insulin to build muscle. Personally, I won't touch it. As for what it does to build muslce, there a few things, including limiting cortisol and shuttling nutrients into the cells faster. Insulin also appears to inhibit SHBG.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

How to Use HCG

Rep Points

So, is it safe to say that I would have an advantage? Also what is SHBG? Sorry, new to this...

Rep Points

You might try a few years of had training and eating a clean diet first...
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Rep Points

Insulin can pack 15-20 lbs of muscle on a body if done correctly. But like the others said, not for me neither. I stick with training, diet and roids for myself.

Tough

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bkhenry
    So, is it safe to say that I would have an advantage? Also what is SHBG? Sorry, new to this...
    Sex hormone-binding globulin... a protein in the blood that binds testosterone. The bulk of our testosterone is bound up with shbg. Only a small % is "free" and bioavailable.

Oh, and btw... if you are diabetic and take insulin, AND take metformin (Glucophage) or Actos or Prandin, or one of those types of meds, it means you are also insulin resistant. You need the extra med to using the injected insulin. So taking more insulin for its anabolic properties won't do no good.

The Damned
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    You might try a few years of had training and eating a clean diet first...

Foreman, can you read?? He IS DIABETIC....he HAS to take insulin shots to LIVE.
    Quote Originally Posted by B40 View Post
    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?
    yeah, that shit!!!

MySpace

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by PWGriffin

Thank you!!!

Rep Points

A big THANK YOU to everyone!!! When I read that people took insulin that were not Diabetic I thought they were nuts. Since I HAVE to take insuiln I was curious what it did. Minotaur, I do not take any other drug but Humalog and Lantus.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by PWGriffin
    Yes and his question was not if he should take his insulin as perscribed........you fucking retard.
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Rep Points

Foreman, I did not intend for my post to come out that way at all. I will ONLY take my insulin as prescribed but was wondering by doing this would I have an advantage. Sorry for the confusion!!!

Rep Points

Yes and his question was not if he should take his insulin as perscribed........you fucking retard.
    His question was 'will it help me, like it can others?' he never says anything about not taking it as prescribed. He just wants to know why non-diabetics take it!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by pengers84
    His question was 'will it help me, like it can others?' he never says anything about not taking it as prescribed. He just wants to know why non-diabetics take it!
    yes...........and??
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Being diabetic never gives you an edge, IMO.
    http://joe.endocrinology-journals.o...stract/124/2/R1

Effect of insulin-like growth factor-type I (IGF-I) and insulin on the secretion of sex hormone binding globulin and IGF-I binding protein (IBP-I) by human hepatoma cells

A Singh, D Hamilton-Fairley, R Koistinen, M Seppala, VH James, S Franks, and MJ Reed

Dietary factors are known to modulate concentrations of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). In the present study we have investigated the possibility that insulin like growth factor-type I (IGF-I) may be an additional regulator of SHBG using cultured human hepatoma cells which secrete SHBG. The inhibitory effect of insulin on SHBG secretion by these cells was confirmed but, in addition, IGF-I was shown to inhibit SHBG secretion by about 40% at a concentration of 100 nmol/l. A similar degree of inhibition was achieved using insulin at a concentration of 10 mumol/l. Insulin, but not IGF-I, was also found to inhibit the secretion of a low molecular weight IGF-binding protein (IBP-I), which is also secreted by hepatoma cells. It is concluded that IGF-I is an additional regulator of SHBG secretion by these cells and that it may be involved in regulating SHBG secretion in vivo in response to dietary factors.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

How to Use HCG

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

yes...........and??
    and I just got done rubbing one out.
    I will not kill innocents.

Rep Points

Wow, my first post and I start an argument...