• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Insulin

bkhenry

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have read that taking Insulin can help build muscle. I am diabetic and have to take Insulin shots daily. Will this help me like it can help others? I am new to the game so anything will help. If there is a different place I should post please re-direct me. Thanks...

No way in hell you need to fuck with that. Only a total fool would take the risk.

Like I said I am a Diabetic and I have to take it but I have read that some fools do take it for some reason. What does it do for the non-diabetic choosing to take it? Believe me I know the effects it has.

bkhenry said:
Like I said I am a Diabetic and I have to take it but I have read that some fools do take it for some reason. What does it do for the non-diabetic choosing to take it? Believe me I know the effects it has.
Ask your Doctor if you think it's such a great idea.

I don't think it is a great idea at all for someone who is NOT diabetic!!! I was just wondering why someone would???

Diabetics and non-diabetics successfully use insulin to build muscle. Personally, I won't touch it. As for what it does to build muslce, there a few things, including limiting cortisol and shuttling nutrients into the cells faster. Insulin also appears to inhibit SHBG.

So, is it safe to say that I would have an advantage? Also what is SHBG? Sorry, new to this...

You might try a few years of had training and eating a clean diet first...:rolleyes:

IML Gear Cream!
bkhenry said:
So, is it safe to say that I would have an advantage? Also what is SHBG? Sorry, new to this...

Sex hormone-binding globulin... a protein in the blood that binds testosterone. The bulk of our testosterone is bound up with shbg. Only a small % is "free" and bioavailable.

Oh, and btw... if you are diabetic and take insulin, AND take metformin (Glucophage) or Actos or Prandin, or one of those types of meds, it means you are also insulin resistant. You need the extra med to using the injected insulin. So taking more insulin for its anabolic properties won't do no good.

ForemanRules said:
You might try a few years of had training and eating a clean diet first...:rolleyes:

Foreman, can you read?? He IS DIABETIC....he HAS to take insulin shots to LIVE.

A big THANK YOU to everyone!!! When I read that people took insulin that were not Diabetic I thought they were nuts. Since I HAVE to take insuiln I was curious what it did. Minotaur, I do not take any other drug but Humalog and Lantus.

PWGriffin said:
Foreman, can you read?? He IS DIABETIC....he HAS to take insulin shots to LIVE.
Yes and his question was not if he should take his insulin as perscribed........you fucking retard.

Foreman, I did not intend for my post to come out that way at all. I will ONLY take my insulin as prescribed but was wondering by doing this would I have an advantage. Sorry for the confusion!!!

ForemanRules said:
Yes and his question was not if he should take his insulin as perscribed........you fucking retard.

His question was 'will it help me, like it can others?' he never says anything about not taking it as prescribed. He just wants to know why non-diabetics take it!

pengers84 said:
His question was 'will it help me, like it can others?' he never says anything about not taking it as prescribed. He just wants to know why non-diabetics take it!
yes...........and??

Being diabetic never gives you an edge, IMO.
http://joe.endocrinology-journals.o...stract/124/2/R1

Effect of insulin-like growth factor-type I (IGF-I) and insulin on the secretion of sex hormone binding globulin and IGF-I binding protein (IBP-I) by human hepatoma cells

A Singh, D Hamilton-Fairley, R Koistinen, M Seppala, VH James, S Franks, and MJ Reed

Dietary factors are known to modulate concentrations of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). In the present study we have investigated the possibility that insulin like growth factor-type I (IGF-I) may be an additional regulator of SHBG using cultured human hepatoma cells which secrete SHBG. The inhibitory effect of insulin on SHBG secretion by these cells was confirmed but, in addition, IGF-I was shown to inhibit SHBG secretion by about 40% at a concentration of 100 nmol/l. A similar degree of inhibition was achieved using insulin at a concentration of 10 mumol/l. Insulin, but not IGF-I, was also found to inhibit the secretion of a low molecular weight IGF-binding protein (IBP-I), which is also secreted by hepatoma cells. It is concluded that IGF-I is an additional regulator of SHBG secretion by these cells and that it may be involved in regulating SHBG secretion in vivo in response to dietary factors.

Back