• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

PWO meal again

Doublebase

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know this has been discussed before but my question is a little different. I slug down my protein drink right after I got home from the gym. Now is that enough until my next meal? My meal is about an 1.5 hours after my PWO protein drink. Is the protein drink enough right after the workout?

No carbs in your PWO shake?

Favre said:
No carbs in your PWO shake?

I usually do. This is the first day I didn't. What should it consist of. I dont' want it to be to huge since I am eating an hour after it.

Doublebase said:
I usually do. This is the first day I didn't. What should it consist of. I dont' want it to be to huge since I am eating an hour after it.

Well, I don't know if you're a fan of high GI or low GI for your PWO shake. I think the main thing is to just get your carbs in whether they're from dextrose, malto, oats or whatever. if you're going to eat an hour later then you may not need as many carbs in your shake but I'd still want at least 40g or so. If you're bulking, I wouldn't skimp on carbs even if you were eating another high carb meal an hour later.

Today I drank my pwo shake during my workout and had a meal as soon as I got home from the gym (within 30 mins).

I think I may continue this in the future.

What kind of pwo are you having, that can make a big difference.

Something slower like oats/whey/milk would give you a little more time than say a dex/whey shake. If your having the latter, id have a meal within 45 mins to an hour.

thajeepster said:
Today I drank my pwo shake during my workout and had a meal as soon as I got home from the gym (within 30 mins).

I think I may continue this in the future.

What kind of pwo are you having, that can make a big difference.

Something slower like oats/whey/milk would give you a little more time than say a dex/whey shake. If your having the latter, id have a meal within 45 mins to an hour.

I would have whey/oats/water

Doublebase said:
I know this has been discussed before but my question is a little different. I slug down my protein drink right after I got home from the gym. Now is that enough until my next meal? My meal is about an 1.5 hours after my PWO protein drink. Is the protein drink enough right after the workout?
My PWO meal. 1st 100 grams of dextrose or maltrodexrin. 10 minutes later 75 grams of whey in water. Then as soon as I'm hungry 40/30/30 small meal. This is for bulking or cutting for me.

Doublebase said:
You should still add carbs - My favourites are things like:
Skim milk
High glucose fruits (banana, blueberries, pineapple)
Thinly rolled oats
Dextrose (if you are so inclined)

Back