• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Vice President Cheney had no license to kill - quail, that is.

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Oh, shoot! Veep had no license for quail hunt

BY KENNETH R. BAZINET
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU
677-cheney0214.jpg

[SIZE=-1]Copy of Texas Parks and Wildlife hunting accident report filed after accident in which Vice President Cheney shot hunting buddy. [/SIZE]
185-cheneylicense.jpg

WASHINGTON - Vice President Cheney had no license to kill - quail, that is.
After the White House reluctantly conceded yesterday that it sat on the blockbuster news that Cheney shot a hunting buddy Saturday, the veep's office revealed he didn't even have the proper $7 stamp on his hunting license to shoot quail in Texas.
"The staff asked for all permits needed, but was not informed of the $7 upland game-bird stamp requirement," Cheney's office said in a statement last night.
Although he was hunting illegally when he blasted Austin millionaire Harry Whittington, Cheney will get off with a warning from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, his office said.
The latest embarrassing disclosure came hours after a pair of angry exchanges between reporters and White House spokesman Scott McClellan, who admitted that top aides and President Bush knew on Saturday night about the accident, but revealed nothing.
Word of the accident only got out the next day after ranch owner Katharine Armstrong disclosed to the Corpus Christi Caller-Times that Cheney had shot Whittington, 78, as he flushed out a covey of quail.
Armstrong said Whittington walked up behind Cheney without announcing he was there and was "peppered pretty good" when Cheney turned to fire at quail.
Whittington was hit with bird shot in the face and upper body and was in stable condition yesterday at Christus Spohn Hospital in Corpus Christi. His doctor said some of the pellets would remain lodged in Whittington's body permanently. The doctor said Whittington was hit with "less than 100" pellets.
While Whittington should have announced himself, seasoned hunters said primary responsibility lies with the shooter.
"It's incumbent upon the shooter to assess the situation and make sure it's a safe shot," said Mark Birkhauser, president-elect of the International Hunter Education Association. "Once you squeeze that trigger, you can't bring that shot back."
Team Bush declined to identify the third hunter in the party, U.S. Ambassador to Switzerland Pamela Willeford, and defended its decision to say nothing about the shooting on Saturday.
Armstrong suggested to the veep the shooting was going to become news and volunteered to tell the local paper.
"The vice president spoke with Mrs. Katharine Armstrong, and they agreed that she should make that information public," McClellan repeatedly stonewalled.
But having a private citizen contact the press deviated from the White House practice of sending out e-mails to the media. In an off-camera briefing marked with name-calling and loud give-and-take, McClellan was repeatedly asked about the delay and the curious method of getting the information out.
"You're totally ducking and weaving here. We don't care if some ranch owner called the local paper," NBC's David Gregory said.
"David, hold on, the cameras aren't on right now. You can do this later," McClellan shot back.
A red-faced Gregory returned fire, saying, "Don't accuse me of posing for the cameras. Don't be a jerk to me personally. When I'm asking you a serious question you should give me a serious answer instead of jerking us around."
Another reporter dryly asked if it was now standard White House policy to release information through private citizens. The contentious scene was repeated at the afternoon on-camera briefing, though without name-calling.
The shooting is being probed by the local sheriff's office, which did not begin its investigation until a day after the hunting accident happened.
The White House refused to say whether Cheney had ever taken a hunter's safety course. It did disclose that Bush was told about the shooting Saturday night by chief political adviser Karl Rove.
Cheney watchers noted the vice president has a history of sitting on information. Among his best-kept secrets, Cheney:
Refuses to disclose his taxpayer-funded travel expenses, including the money spent to take him and his friends hunting.
Still keeps under wraps the names of the corporate energy and utility execs who attended secret meetings of the White House energy task force in 2001.
Refuses to discuss his alleged role in leaking the identity of CIA spy Valerie Plame.

I only read the thread headline, but, dammit, everyone should be allowed to kill Dan Quail.

yeah, yeah, I know....

NBC's Jay Leno devoted most of his "Tonight Show" monologue to the accident.

"I guess the guy is going to be OK," Leno said. "When the ambulance got there, out of force of habit they put Cheney on the stretcher. ... When people found out he shot a lawyer, his popularity is now at 92 percent."

Ha, damn lawyers.

DOMS said:
I only read the thread headline, but, dammit, everyone should be allowed to kill Dan Quail.

yeah, yeah, I know....

Democratic staffers on Capitol Hill circulated a quote from President Bush, in a 2000 interview with the Houston Chronicle, in which he hailed Cheney as "somebody who is going to shoot straight with the American people."

"Bush-Quail '06," cracked Democratic strategist Jenny Backus.
"The CIA assured Cheney that Harry Whittington was actually a pheasant," added Democratic speechwriter Jeff Nussbaum.

What a suprise, he hangs out with rich people... :shrug:

Another Republican without the proper licence, I wonder if he will get off scott free like Arnold did.:rolleyes:

I wonder if the liberals will froth at the mouth about a misdemeanor.

I didn't have to wonder for long...

I wonder if I drive a motorcycle without the proper license, crash it, and then shoot a hunting buddy who "isn't" a millionare ( and again I have no license for hunting) , what will happen to me???? Bet they let me go without any punishment at all.. :rolleyes:

IML Gear Cream!
ForemanRules said:
I wonder if I drive a motorcycle without the proper license, crash it, and then shoot a hunting buddy who "isn't" a millionare ( and again I have no license for hunting) , what will happen to me???? Bet they let me go without any punishment at all.. :rolleyes:

:clapping: :clapping:

True Story, he transcends the law. :thumb:

I think Ken Star should blow millions of dollars on a full blown investigation....oh sorry, same party.
They are all crooks in my own opinion.

ForemanRules said:

It happens all the time. It's not like he walked into Walmart and accidentally shot someone. He was out hunting. Even without a license, if he has no prior, he get off with a warning or possibly a fine.

Now, if Cheney were to walk into say, your house, and accidentally shoot you there, I might have a problem with that. That or I'd give him a twenty.

If a warning is standard, then so be it. Typically, in all of the states I lived, it is a $500 fine and that's it.

I grew up in Michigan and everybody I knew hunted.......Cheney recieved special treatment.....like all rich people/ politicians do,,,,big surprise.

ForemanRules said:
I grew up in Michigan and everybody I knew hunted.......Cheney recieved special treatment.....like all rich people/ politicians do,,,,big surprise.

I just shot a big load all over my desk.

topolo said:
I just shot a big load all over my desk.
Do you have a license for that???

Dale Mabry said:
If a warning is standard, then so be it. Typically, in all of the states I lived, it is a $500 fine and that's it.
Yeah, but Cheney is only going fine because he gets special treatment. :rolleyes:

IML Gear Cream!
Can commies be grammer nazis?

Foreman reminds me of that nazi hunter....what's his name Wiesel.....

min0 lee said:
Can commies be grammer nazis?

Foreman reminds me of that nazi hunter....what's his name Wiesel.....

Sure they can. Commie leaders would hold other people to standards that they would never meet.

DOMS said:
* only going to get a fine

He got off, he only had to send $7 in for the stamp, after he hunted for quail.

DOMS said:
Sure they can. Commie leaders would hold other people to standards that they would never meet.
Exactly like American Senators and Congresmen..:thumb:

Why did the press feel that the White House should disclose this?

1)It is their job to find information, not to be given info.

2)It has nothing to do with his job. Although I'm happy he got deferments for Vietnam, he is obviously a horrible shot and the US body count in Vietnam was probably lower because he wasnt there. (Not my anecdote, can't remember where I heard it)

I don't see how anyone could trust a guy with a gun that could go into cardiac arrest at any moment.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

If it were ANYone without political pull who had shot a hunting buddy and not reported it right away, they'd be all over the news and arrested for attemped murder.

FUCK Bush's campaign.

Flex said:
You have GOT to be kidding me.

If it were ANYone without political pull who had shot a hunting buddy and not reported it right away, they'd be all over the news and arrested for attemped murder.

FUCK Bush's campaign.

It was reported, just not released to the press.

True Story, if this happened to anyone else, there life would be over.

Back