Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

sweet potatoes again

Rep Points

sweet potatoes again

Heya people,
    I have done some research, anyway I would like to place the subject once again.

I was never a potato eater guy but I try to replace some of my carbs.

I usually eat for morning porridge+egg whites and post workout porridge +egg whites again.

Could I have the sweet potato + chicken post workout out?
    No i dont take any shakes malto dextro etc. I do not want the insulin spike.
    Also , I do not eat sugar at all but I really tasted the sugar when I ate the Sweet Potatoe(didnt add anything). Isnt that sugar that bad? Im maintaining

Rep Points

I think you should at least take some whey post workout

Rep Points

well....
    I used to add too much protein in my diet when I had low carbs...
    I carb cycle

It works well....

I try to minimize my protein during 7 am to - 3pm ...then the meals are protein+fat+veggies.......
    although from 7 am to 3 pm i eat oats , barley etc with very small amount of chicken and egg whites ....

anyway, my question is for sweet potato which is an introduction to me
    i mean...i can taste the sugar.....in white potato i cannot taste the sugar although the GI is much much higher.....

Rep Points

Sweet potatoes have a pretty low GI im sure

And theres really no reason you couldnt have one postworkout, at least that i can think of

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sicko
    Could I have the sweet potato + chicken post workout out?
    I wouldn't do it. Doing really low GI PWO is far from ideal....

What about sweet potato and chicken PRE workout and then at least have something like regular white potato and egg-whites PWO?

No i dont take any shakes malto dextro etc. I do not want the insulin spike.
    You do not have to do malto... But what about some skim milk? Banana? Whey?

Also , I do not eat sugar at all but I really tasted the sugar when I ate the Sweet Potatoe(didnt add anything). Isnt that sugar that bad? Im maintaining
    Yes - sweet potato is high in sugar... But if you are eating vegetables then you are eating sugar too.

So why is it you think that these sugars in your diet are such a bad thing that need to be avoided?
    ~

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

why not substitute the sweet potato/whey for white potato and not eat the skins after a workout and then about an hour later eat the sweet potatoes...am I missing something?
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

it s a SIN not to eat the skin

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

yeah but the fiber interferes with digestion of the carbs when doing postworkout
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut
    yeah but the fiber interferes with digestion of the carbs when doing postworkout
    yah but i am not seeking for insulin spike for post workout. Else I would take dex/maltose

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

are you cutting or gaining?

Rep Points

maintaining

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

oh bfd...just throw some high GI in there and I'm sure you'll see some results.

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sicko
    yah but i am not seeking for insulin spike for post workout. Else I would take dex/maltose
    You don't need dex/malto to spike insulin - it is no more effective than other less 'spikey' substances..

But I am interested as to why are you so against higher GI PWO (ps: high GI doesn't always correlate with insulin. )??
    ~

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

he thinks he'll get fat?

Rep Points

lol man

just didnt find any difference with the high gi except appetite swings which I did not like....

well whatever i could go with white rice and some like....er..........dunno...chicken?.......rice absorbs fast....chicken is not....
    Oats+eggs fine...
    White rice+eggs.......bah.
    damn

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

White rice and egg-whites would be fine.

What about white rice, milk and whey? You could make yourself a rice pudding?
    ~

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

mmmmm rice pudding ahhhhhhhhhh

Rep Points

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh

Yup, that's the good stuff!

I use it for my PWO meal, plus or minus the milk, non-fat of course.

Rep Points

sweet potatoes and yams suck

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

words to live by.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh
    White rice and egg-whites would be fine.

I need a recipe

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by thajeepster
    I need a recipe
    LOL - I knew it would be you who would ask!

The best one I have found is on www.johnberardi.com. Specifically, This page. He uses basmati rice - but you could easily substitute in white for PWO.

Rice Pudding
    Here's a tasty little treat that is also well suited for that second jolt of fast-acting carbs and protein after your PWO shake. Or you can split it up for a couple of desserts following P+C meals. It’s a great choice to follow the Dal Masala recipe listed above.

Ingredients:
    1 cup cooked basmati rice. The quality, fragrance, and taste of basmati are far superior to any other rice I've ever had. Sure the GI is higher than brown rice, but in this case the taste just doesn’t compare. That’s why I like to eat it as one of the post workout meals. Prepare the basmati rice in bulk by adding a cup of rinsed rice to 1.75 cups boiling water, cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes, remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
    2 cups skim milk
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder (try to find a brand that doesn’t taste like powdered chicken feet, and depending on the brand, you might add some Splenda to get the desired sweetness).
    2 tablespoons sugar-free instant Jell-O vanilla pudding

Instructions:
    On medium-low heat, simmer the cooked rice in milk for 20 minutes or so, until rice bulks-up, cover and cool for a few minutes, then add the protein powder (and Splenda if necessary), and a dash of salt, stir, cover and put in fridge until it cools. Add Jell-O mix to cooled mixture, whip, and you're all set.

Macronutrient Profile:
    K/cal: 478
    Fat: 4 g (2s, 1m, 1p)
    Carbs: 63g (2 fiber)
    Protein: 47 g
    Enjoy!
    ~