• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Speed of Internet

Doublebase

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How do you check the speed of your interent. Upload rate and d-load rate?

Thanks all.

7.1MBbits per second

Personal test results
Speed
5.3 megabits per second

Communications 5.3 megabits per second
Storage 649.5 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 1.6 seconds
Subjective rating Awesome

min0 lee said:
Personal test results
Speed
5.3 megabits per second

Communications 5.3 megabits per second
Storage 649.5 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 1.6 seconds
Subjective rating Awesome

Is that good?
I remember Tough having a problem with speed, maybe if you read this tough you can post your speed.

Personal test results
Speed
673.8 kilobits per second

Communications 673.8 kilobits per second
Storage 82.3 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 12.4 seconds
Subjective rating Not bad

Man Canada Sucks... I am using the fastest available from my provider.

IML Gear Cream!
is the speed of internet faster than the speed of light?

if i sent an email to china is the time it takes to compute that shorter than how long it would take light to reach the same area, assuming it was parallel w/ us?

goandykid said:

if i sent an email to china is the time it takes to compute that shorter than how long it would take light to reach the same area, assuming it was parallel w/ us?
Nope, thats why fiber optics are the shit, and it'll be awesome when nano tech allows us to incorporate it into the actual processors and motherboards all the way through the net with no bottlenecks.

Doublebase said:
How do you check the speed of your interent. Upload rate and d-load rate?
Why didnt you ask when they installed it? That seems like a pretty good idea to me.

goandykid said:

Good question but I dont think so. Nothing is faster than light, at least that was what Einstein said. Although I think if you move a flashlight towards where the light is going, light becomes a little faster. :shrug:

Routers take entire milliseconds to route traffic (it all adds up), and there can be as many as ~25 from you to another machine. Plus when you send an email it must be written to a hard drive(s) somewhere, it doesn't sit in the RAM of a server so it will most definitely take longer than the speed of light (186,282 miles per second about).

Light is fast enough to circle the earth just over 7 times in a second.

Vieope said:
Why didnt you ask when they installed it? That seems like a pretty good idea to me.

I already knew it was around 5MB per second. I didn't need to ask. Thats a stupid question, Vieope. Its like putting an exhaust on your car. Its says it will add 15hp but you may want to get it dynoed to see exactly how much it increased. Usually its close to that number but not exact.

Back