• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Question about Bench Pressing

el_violento

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ey i was wondering, ive been bench pressing on the floor lol, since my bench pressing thing i dont really know whats it called but its the thing that supports the bar and i would just lie on it and pick up the bar and then set it back up there, but since that shit fell apart, ive been bench pressing on the floor i just grab the bar while im laying down and pick it up and put it to my chest then start bench pressing, is that bad for me in anyway, or is it just as effecitive or doesnt matter at all....??

This is called a floor press. It isn't 'bad' but it won't give you all the benefits of a full ROM in the bench press. It depends more on your goals than anything else, really. Are you benching to try to get your triceps big or to increase your total strength? Are you doing it because everyone else does or because you feel it's an important exercise in many respects? Different answers will affect the answer to your question differently, so tell us your goals and we can probably give you more direction.

el_violento said:
yes i can, and i do it because i want to add more definition to my chest, i want it detailed
How can you do that?
icon19.gif

Detailed? Worry more about diet than exercises.

Vieope said:
How can you do that?
icon19.gif

Detailed? Worry more about diet than exercises.

i am im on a cutting diet.. and i can touch the bar with my chest if i tried but not as easy as i could with the bench pressing equipment

You can always do dips - they work pretty much the same musculature as the bench press.

Squaggleboggin said:
You can always do dips - they work pretty much the same musculature as the bench press.

what are dips, i dont really lift weights much just shadow boxing with some dumbells and thats it but never lift weights rarely do anyway, what are dips lol

IML Gear Cream!
It is taking too long, probalby Squag there doesnt know as well. :)

how is that possible, how could u bring the bar all the way down if ur on the ground?

el_violento said:
i grab the bar by its far ends...

That doesn't change the fact that the plates will hit the ground before the bar reaches your chest on a floor press. :confused:

fufu said:
That doesn't change the fact that the plates will hit the ground before the bar reaches your chest on a floor press. :confused:

my chest aint that small lol deal with it, its not easy to make it touch my chest but i can manage to do that although i never do it... the bar touches my chest deal with it :p

if ure doing floor press u cant hit ure chest no matter what...floor presses are in my routine as part of my second chest workout of the week which i devote to explosiveness thats what they are for ull see different types of athletes doing this exercise..

you can if all you can manage to press is the bar

IML Gear Cream!
You could lay on some full body pillows to jack your self up a bit and that will increase your range of motion for that exercise. My concerns for you are screwing up the rotators getting the bar into position.

NOTE: You need to buy a bench even if its a used one. ;)

Benches cost nothing these days. My first bench wasn't all that nifty and it cost around $300.00

Touching the bar to your chest must be like licking your elbow. Its supposed to be impossible but some wierdo somewhere can do it. Congrats wierdo. :thumb:

Back