• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Callories to weight watchers points

egor110

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi, im 5'7 11 stone with 24.8% fat.
I'm about to start a calorie controlled weight lifting programe.
Lift weights 3 times a week and callorie cycle 1800,1600,1700,1500,1600,1400.
I'm finding it a nightmare working out my callories is there a formula so i can convert it to weigh watchers points?

:confused:

Firstly - weight watchers is NOT designed for a physically active person... So it is not going to be useful to you anyway...

Secondly - If you can count weight watches points, why can't you just count calories?

The callories they give are all per 100g, so if i have a sandwich with a bit of pickle instead of marg, grate a little cheese, 4 slices of cucumber, 2 slices of chicken how do i work out how many callories the cheese,cucumber and pickle have?
Why do you say weight watchers isn't for active people? the stuff i've seen encourages people to do sports not just diet?

I did WW for 5 mo. At first I lost 10 pounds; thats b/c I was only eating 1100 calories a day. WW is based on fiber & promotes foods high in bad carbs & promotes low fat foods. I was not getting any essential fats in my diet on WW. I started eating a high protein diet w/ good fats & good carbs a week ago. I have lost 2 pounds already & feel more energetic. On WW i was allowed 22 points a day; I think my body went into starvation mode b/c I noticed that I was the same weight for months while doing the diet strictly. Now I am eating 40%protein/30% good carbs/30% good fat 6 times a day. I hope this is a good choice.

Hi,
Ok so it seems callories are the way to go. I've stopped eating chocolate,crisps/chips/pastries and only drink water apart from 2 coffees 1st thing in the morning.
Am i right in thinking if i stick to pasta,potatoes,fruit & veg, chicken,tuna i'm on the right track? Also in weight watchers vegetables were 0 points, if i eat say 2 carrotts and brocli how do i work out the callories, also my sandwich above how do i work out what 4 slices of cucumber are or a layer of pickle instead of marg (i've worked out not to have butter/marg)

So when your cooking do you like way everything into 100g then just multiples of 100g servings?
What happens when you go out for a meal? you can't way that do you just forget it for the night?

egor110 said:
So when your cooking do you like way everything into 100g then just multiples of 100g servings?
What happens when you go out for a meal? you can't way that do you just forget it for the night?

Most of these sites show calories for different quantities. www.calorieking.com covers a lot of food from restaurants and fast food places. Plus not everything has to be in 100 grams.

Check out the site, find your food and then pick the measurement you want...

usually has oz, grams, cup or something like an orange it will have 1 medium, 1 large as well as by weight

They also have some more complicated things like lasagna... so if you can't break it down into ingredients, you can get a pretty good idea.

IML Gear Cream!
Carrots on weight watchers are 0 points. When I was on that diet I found that I ate them too much (as a snack)- i didn't realize they had a lot of sugar in them. I was always told that carrots are not the best veggie to eat. If there are pros to them please let me know, thanx!:)

Weight watchers is no good IMO.

i tried it for 2 weeks just for shits and giggles when beth did it (beth is my woman by the way :D ), and i lost like 8 pounds in the 2 weeks. I quickly got off that and went back to my usual 40p/40c/20f eating.
Weight watchers starves you and promotes crappy processed, high sodium foods and not enough EFA's and good slow burning carbs and quality REAL food.

Beth1 said:
Carrots on weight watchers are 0 points. When I was on that diet I found that I ate them too much (as a snack)- i didn't realize they had a lot of sugar in them. I was always told that carrots are not the best veggie to eat. If there are pros to them please let me know, thanx!:)

Carrots are good but like any food, it has calories and you need to take that in account and put it in your daily values. Sure carrots have some carbs but I wouldn't say they have a lot of sugar... not like eating candy. One cup of chopped carrots (4.5 oz) has 52 calories. That's less than a cup of grapes and similar to a cup of cooked brocolli.

If you are exercising and keeping track of your calories, there is no fruit or vegetable that will make you fat (or prevent weight loss).

On the other hand, if you eat only the best weight loss foods in the world but eat enough of them that you aren't burning the calories... you will gain weight.

Really the number one thing is calories and avoiding foods that are obviously completely empty calories... like doughnuts.

might as well give my two pennys worth!

i am on ww (seeing as i gave u this link egor! lol) i love it because i am not controlled enough to eat just protein and stuff and i do like my treats) I have lost 75lbs on it (yes my stats not right down below!) and i fully intend when i get to goal at 12 stone (another 34lbs..maybe a little more) i will then gradually move over to weightlifting way of eating. Thats just me and differant people do it differant ways. If i were u egor i wud do either calorie counting or ww points don't try and do both

Will

Back