• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

ground turkey

I do not eat that very much..but I know that both FitGirl and dvlmn eat it all the time...I think that's about the only protien that dvlmn eats besides bars and shakes. :)

They'll get their butts in here eventually...I also intersted to see what others have to say about it.

i was feeling pretty sick of chicken this week so i got ground turkey. made burgers on the grill. one thing to keep in mind. there's ground turkey and then there's ground turkey breast. the ground turkey breast is much lower in fat (if that concerns you).

they were a nice change but pretty dry (I bought the breast maybe the other is not as dry since it has more fat). also sort of expensive for the breast. it was a 1.25 lb package and on sale for $4.99. it's usually over $6. i HAVE to find a new grocery store.

nikegurl, I the two different kinds never occured to me. That explains why the last time I bought some, it looked very light in color. Usually the stuff I buy is darker, but the ground turkey breast must have been the light stuff. I barely had to drain it after I browned it. I prefer the regular ground turkey. A little more fat, but better tasting and not as dry.

Big Y grocery stores have Butterball ground turkey "buy one get two free" next week. :thumb:

:)

i get it fairly cheap here where i live cause the Jennie-O/ the Turkey Store is 4 blocks from my house.we use on an average 4-5 lbs of it a/wk. the darker stuff is mainly thigh meat..

Originally posted by Tank316
i get it fairly cheap here where i live cause the Jennie-O/ the Turkey Store is 4 blocks from my house.we use on an average 4-5 lbs of it a/wk. the darker stuff is mainly thigh meat..

Jennie-O turkey bacon!!!!! :thumb: :lick:

Well, this may be the wrong place...but can one of you please post a yummy turkey burger recipe? I would love to try to make them soon...nice change from chicken. Thanks!

I don't make burgers, they always get to dry since I buy the 99% fat free stuff. :)

I always mix it with either taco seasoning, or fajita seasoning. Also for a cheat day even made spaghetti with it. :) (yes even for a cheat it was healthy lmao)

They have some that's 93% fat free that has italian seasoning in it. Made really good burgers with that, but gave me heartburn lol

NG that's about how much it is out here to. Cali sucks some days.

lmao@miss l yeah your right, that and shakes, I'm cutting out the bars, they are to dang expensive, plus everything I've read that w8 put up here on them, made me realize they aren't near as good as the drinks. :)

Originally posted by Miss LeDix
Well, this may be the wrong place...but can one of you please post a yummy turkey burger recipe? I would love to try to make them soon...nice change from chicken. Thanks!

Make taco's. With the spicy seasoning if your stomach can handle it tastes just as good as with hamburger. :)

The spaghetti turned out really good to. :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
i'm so lame. i buy the 1 1/4 lb package. i divide it into 5 pieces, shape them like burgers and put them on the grill. are they yummy? nope. yesterday i got crazy though - put some mustard on it before eating.

I must be lame too. I generally make burgers out of it. I'll usually chop up some onion and maybe some peppers and throw in there. I also find mixing an egg in with the meat before grilling helps bind it together. True it's no dead cow, but turkey doesn't exactly suck.:lick:

I've had so much turkey its unbelievable...burgers, a stirfry type with turkey, you name it, I've probably eatting it

Back