• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

bulking/cutting/gaining mass...

DiGiTaL

.::.:: Legend ::.::.
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I made this thread referring to cutting.... Is it the same as bulking and gaining mass and everything else?:
- eat good (protein)
- have a good work out
- watch your diet?.

I've seen in some threads thats how you get cut...is it basically the same for bulking and gaining mass/muscle?

~thanks

No, they're pretty much opposites (as far as goals)... However as far as the points you listed, you do most of the same things to achieve either. Generally cutting is losing weight and bulking is gaining weight...

The goal of cutting is to lose primarily fat, but some muscle loss generally goes along with that... You cut by creating a caloric deficit (eating less calories per day than you burn).

Bulking is training to gain weight, primarily muscle, but generally some fat gain goes along with this as well. Bulking comes about from a caloric surplus (eating more calories per day than you burn).

DiGiTaL said:
I made this thread referring to cutting.... Is it the same as bulking and gaining mass and everything else?:
- eat good (protein)
- have a good work out
- watch your diet?.

I've seen in some threads thats how you get cut...is it basically the same for bulking and gaining mass/muscle?

~thanks

It is pretty much the same except that you are eating fewer calories when cutting weight. Also, there is evidence to suggest that increasing your protein intake on a cut helps preserve LBM. Of course, a lot of people already consume more than enough protein (Myself included); it's probably not necessary in that case.

I see, thanks for the replies guys.

Right now, I started cutting cause i've got a lot of weight to lose. Yet at the same I'd like to gain mass...Can i do this by eating lots of proteins, less calories eventhough to bulk you need more calories and burn about 200 calories per day by running?.

DiGiTaL said:
I see, thanks for the replies guys.

Right now, I started cutting cause i've got a lot of weight to lose. Yet at the same I'd like to gain mass...Can i do this by eating lots of proteins, less calories eventhough to bulk you need more calories and burn about 200 calories per day by running?.

It's very hard to gain muscle mass and lose fat simultaneously. I would focus on one or the other. If you happen to do both, then lucky you.

well right now i've been cutting.. I notice losing fat and some muscle...i thought there maybe a possible easy way not to lose so much muscle during curring but i guess i was wrong. i'll cut first then bulk....but wouldnt that be going back to what i am now?.

DiGiTaL said:
well right now i've been cutting.. I notice losing fat and some muscle...i thought there maybe a possible easy way not to lose so much muscle during curring but i guess i was wrong. i'll cut first then bulk....but wouldnt that be going back to what i am now?.

No. Hopefully, if you pay enough attention to your diet and training, you will retain most or all of your muscle mass after the cut. When you go back to bulking you will add mostly muscle mass back on your frame, assuming you pay enough attention to your diet and training.

you don't want to loose any muscle when you diet realistically. Try fixing up your diet and diet very very slowly and loose the minimum amount so that you can keep that muscle. Continue to lift heavy but be sure to drop the volume a little to make up for the lack of calories and be careful of to much cardio.

hehe i dont do cardio. I lift heavy and do some benchpress as well as freeweights and all these other work outs. basically i work out kind of hard.

How long have you been lifting properly (balanced routine with equal treatment to all types of movements) ? If you're relatively new to it, it's possible you can gain muscle and get leaner at the same time.

IML Gear Cream!
im 16 and i began working out about 5 months ago. and i workout 2 days and one day off and 2 days again and a day off....etc..

Back