• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Stretching/flexability

IML Gear Cream!
I usually stretch, then I punch and kick the heavy bag, punch my speed bag and kick my headache bag for about a half hour. I sometimes jump rope too.

i usually hit the bike or treadmill for about 7 minutes then perform dynamic stretching prior to weight training or jiu jitsu and static after my workout... before kenpo or mma training usually static stretching with a partner

One thing I didn't see that I believe is important is stretching before a wko. "Static" Long stretches produce fluid between joints and tendons that can reduce strength before that big wko!

Flexibility

How does yoga build muscle?
I have tried everything and many people are suggesting yoga to increase my lean muscle and flexibility.

How does yoga build muscle?
I have tried everything and many people are suggesting yoga to increase my lean muscle and flexibility.

I'm not sure it builds muscle as well as something like resistance training - I suppose you can develop a little in terms of strength to hold certain of the poses, but you're not really working any extension / contraction to tear down & build up muscle tissue. I think there's more to the conditioning and lengthening of muscles & stretching joints "functionally" than actually building.

It always fascinates me when people swear by yoga, but OMG I've seen some amazingly fat yoga instructors but they are hella flexible.

Also for those people who are literally disciples of yoga and practice it a LOT, I don't see them w/ nearly the mass I bring to the room from standard resistance training. If yoga "built muscle" wouldn't you expect to see some pretty jacked yoga people?

Thank you so much for giving me such a nice information..this article really helps me bone joint and muscle pains problems...this article really gives such a very good information and some nice trips and tricks...!

Thank you so much for this particular post(s). It is indeed something that I can really gain some insight toward making more in my exercises.

:clapping:

Thanks for the post. I have been working on my hamstrings for a few days now and I swear that my lifting and even my running has improved!

When I try to stretch my hamstrings with straight legs sitting down, how come I have trouble trying to sit on my tailbone with my legs straight? There is another flexibility problem I have noticed as well. When I try to stretch my side muscles on a stability ball for example, I can feel the stretch in my side/QL when bending to the right, but I feel no stretch bending to the left in my side/QL. same thing with neck rotation - turning to the right is easier than turning to the left., but both sides are still not where its flexibility should be.

Anyone know where there are imbalances there? The neck issue, I have been trying to massage, roll (rhomboids, top of shoulder, massage neck with fingers or top of chair, etc) for a while now and it is not improving at all. I even roll my chest, that doesnt help but just loosen my shoulders. Neck rotation restriction is hurting me badily in sports like soccer and softball going back for balls coming straight towards me going over my head. I can never catch balls straight over my head because of it.

Re:

Cool stuff. I always stretch before and after workouts (if not at the start, at least after the workout) as it helps reducing the pain/soreness afterward a bit. Every Bodybuilder should know about stretching, so thanks again!

Thank you for the links, much appreciated!

what are the pros of stretching? does it improve speed or help you grow?

Thanks alot, needed a refresher. I don't get to yoga as much as I used to. I'm really interested in the myofacial roller thing. Have you noticed a big difference by doing it, and how?

response to what are the pro's of stretching......
It helps prevent injuries and problems plus promoting circulation and all the benefits that comes from that. Not to mention the benefits flexibility can have during playtime:daydream:

Really enjoyed this thread. I use to be very flexible from Martial Arts training, still am a bit, but not as much because I don't focus on the stretching.

One thing I do find is that if I stretch before weight training, I just don't get the same strength that I do if I just do a quick dynamic warm up. I same any focused stretching for my rest day and after workouts (to focus on that particular muscle/group)

why is it important to stretch after working out? if i dont stretch would that effect my flexibility?

Awesome post. Now I can try to work on increasing hamstring/lower back flexibility so I can squat and deadlift without my lower back rounding ridiculously.

I've always been a big fan of stretching before workouts. Especially PNF stretching on chest before benchpress.

Not sure if there are any studies pro or against stretching before/after workouts though?

Back