• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

seperating carbs and fats?

Tha Don

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
should carbs and fats be kept seperate? or is it okay to mix them

right now my 4th meal is a couple of scoops of whey and nuts (it was whey and oats, but i swapped the oats to nuts when cutting)

now i want to get the oats back up in that meal now that i'm back to adding mass, but i'm not sure if i'm cool to leave the nuts in as well, or if i should consume them seperate say 20-30mins after, or snack on them later on in the evening before my dinner?

i'm not sure if it only applies to high GI carbs (to keep seperated from fats)? or if i'd need to avoid a high amount of low GI carbs along with fats too?

please help advise me, as this is one area that i'm still a bit uncertain on

thanks in advance!

I know what you mean man so much conflicting advice.

"In Massive Eating Part II, I presented a feeding strategy that centered on the idea of eating protein with every meal. With protein as the staple of each feeding, meals would be rounded out with either carbohydrate or fat, but not large amounts of both.

In other words, I suggested eating a few meals per day that contain protein and carbohydrate (P+C) and a few meals that contain protein and fat (P+F). While I never suggested entirely eliminating F from P+C meals and C from P+F meals, I noted that this plan is designed to minimize the occasions you combine lots of C and lots of F in the same meal.

There are two premises behind this strategy. The first is fat burning. High protein meals increase the thermic effect of feeding, increase fat oxidation, and reduce carbohydrate oxidation when compared to high carb meals. This effect persists during chronic high protein diets. (10, 21, 22)

Even when a considerable amount of carbohydrate energy is included in such a diet (or in a single meal), it appears that protein-induced increases in the hormone glucagon can increase lipolysis (fat mobilization from adipose tissue) and subsequent fat oxidation (fat burning) during rest and exercise. (22) While the hormone insulin is known to decrease lipolysis and fat oxidation, glucagon may, in some situations, provide a more powerful stimulus, promoting increased lipolysis and fat oxidation even while insulin is kicking around. (6-8, 24) Interesting, huh?

Therefore, by eating a higher protein diet, even with an appreciable amount of carbohydrate, you???ll end up burning more total fat while sparing muscle glycogen and providing amino acids for recovery and growth. Sound like a good strategy for simultaneous muscle gain and fat loss? You bet it is!

The second premise behind the combinations discussed above is insulin management. Since insulin is both a storage hormone (pushing nutrients into tissues like muscle, adipose and liver) and an anti-breakdown hormone (preventing the release of macromolecules from liver, muscle and adipose tissue), a chronic elevation in blood insulin ??? especially in the presence of carbohydrate and fat ??? will probably sabotage your attempts to get big while still looking good sans sweatshirt. (1, 3-5, 7, 13)

So by eating protein with every meal and avoiding high concentrations of insulin, glucose, and fat in the blood, it appears that body composition can be managed more easily. This isn't to say you won???t gain any fat. Instead, it???s suggesting that fat gain may be reduced. Combine this body fat management strategy with a high-energy intake and what do you get? Well, simultaneous muscle growth and fat loss might not be an urban legend after all!"

by John Berardi

Even though i lie john and basically follow all his methods this one i disagree with. Adding fat to a meal of high crabs lowers the insulin levels of the body. It also decreases the rate at which the carbs leave the stomach. So lower insulin and longer lasting energy.Fats also help your heart,brain,body composition,and energy levels.(if these are good fats i mean.) Like i said this is my view on it.

Jodi said:
LOL... :p You beat me to it!

T'is BOLLUX!!

No need for it...

Removing fats and increasing carbs in pre and PWO - yes... But this is different to seperating carbs/fats and in meals and in the rest of your diet combining the two is preferential (in my opinion anyway). It decreases glycaemic load, increases satiety and helps stabilise blood sugar levels over the day - which lends itself to better mood, better energy and less snacking! :hog:

Back