fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points

Fu Fu's l337 journal

Well I'm starting a journal. I don't know if I will get comments/tips or whatnot and maybe it will be a comeplete waste of time...hopefully!

I just turned 19 years old and I have 5 1/2 months to get strong as I can before I go back to college. I am currently 180 lbs pound, 5' 11" and at approx a 10-12 percent bf. The most I've ever been was 190 lbs. I've been weightlifting a bit more than a year now, almost exactly a year actually. However, I've only had a good training program for the past 4 1/2 months. The biggest thing I started doing in the last 4 1/2 months is...training LEGS.

I'm one week into a cut and diet/training is going great. I've also started doing HIIT twice a week. I'm on a low carb/refeed diet.

As for supplements I am currently using the following:
    Whey, fish oil capsules, multivitamin, lean fuel extreme(which I've already had fantastic results), and glutamine.

I train 4 times a week. My program is as follows.
    monday - chest/triceps
    tuesday - back/biceps
    wednesday - HIIT cardio for 10-20 minutes/rest
    thursday - shoulders/traps/grip/calves
    friday - quads and hamstrings
    saturday - rest
    sunday - HIIT cardio 10-20 minutes/rest

I've been training at a high intensity for the past 2 months and I'm going to start my training journal with an unloading/active recovery phase for a week. I know I know, what a way to start a journal. In a week I'll be back to with a much higher intensity.

Thanks to anyone who wishes to follow this. If anyone wants to support me on this journal I will gladly do likewise.

Lexen Xtreme

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by fufu
    Well I'm starting a journal. I don't know if I will get comments/tips or whatnot and maybe it will be a comeplete waste of time...hopefully!

I just turned 19 years old and I have 5 1/2 months to get strong as I can before I go back to college. I am currently 180 lbs pound, 5' 11" and at approx a 10-12 percent bf. The most I've ever been was 190 lbs. I've been weightlifting a bit more than a year now, almost exactly a year actually. However, I've only had a good training program for the past 4 1/2 months. The biggest thing I started doing in the last 4 1/2 months is...training LEGS.

I'm one week into a cut and diet/training is going great. I've also started doing HIIT twice a week. I'm on a low carb/refeed diet.

As for supplements I am currently using the following:
    Whey, fish oil capsules, multivitamin, lean fuel extreme(which I've already had fantastic results), and glutamine.

I train 4 times a week. My program is as follows.
    monday - chest/triceps
    tuesday - back/biceps
    wednesday - HIIT cardio for 10-20 minutes/rest
    thursday - shoulders/traps/grip/calves
    friday - quads and hamstrings
    saturday - rest
    sunday - HIIT cardio 10-20 minutes/rest

I've been training at a high intensity for the past 2 months and I'm going to start my training journal with an unloading/active recovery phase for a week. I know I know, what a way to start a journal. In a week I'll be back to with a much higher intensity.

Thanks to anyone who wishes to follow this. If anyone wants to support me on this journal I will gladly do likewise.
    Sounds good... Why 5.5 month to get as strong as you can? Are you planning on playing a sport when you go back, or is it just a personal goal?

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Seanp156
    Sounds good... Why 5.5 month to get as strong as you can? Are you planning on playing a sport when you go back, or is it just a personal goal?
    Well I should rephrase that. In the next 5 1/2 months I can base my life around diet/weightlifting. When college comes around I'm going to have to sacrifice alot - classes, diet(ah!), and of course socializing. I will be getting a membership to a Gold's Gym when I to college and I'm going to put as much as I can into training, but as of now I can truly devote most of my time to it.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

leet
    195 @ 10%
    B/S/D:320/385/445

Lexen Xtreme

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Well I should rephrase that. In the next 5 1/2 months I can base my life around diet/weightlifting. When college comes around I'm going to have to sacrifice alot - classes, diet(ah!), and of course socializing. I will be getting a membership to a Gold's Gym when I to college and I'm going to put as much as I can into training, but as of now I can truly devote most of my time to it.
    That's one thing that's kinda nice about being at home while going to college.... I can still have total control of my diet for the most part.... I'm guessing you're living in a dorm? Do the dorms have any sort of kitchen (stovetop, fridge, microwave)?

When I was living in a dorm (hated it), they at least had a mini-fridge, a couple stovetops, and a place for a microwave, so I could still have eggs, oatmeal, and fish/chicken if I made it on the stovetop.

So, you're already done with college this year? In March???

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points

That's one thing that's kinda nice about being at home while going to college.... I can still have total control of my diet for the most part.... I'm guessing you're living in a dorm? Do the dorms have any sort of kitchen (stovetop, fridge, microwave)?

When I was living in a dorm (hated it), they at least had a mini-fridge, a couple stovetops, and a place for a microwave, so I could still have eggs, oatmeal, and fish/chicken if I made it on the stovetop.

So, you're already done with college this year? In March???
    Well I had a brief time at college last fall semester but I left because of personal reasons. I got a full refund and I'm heading back this fall semester. I don't even have any credits yet.

There is a kitchen on the bottom floor of most dorms, which I will be taking full advantage of. I could live in an apartment with my brother but I would rather have the social experience. I will have a microwave/minifridge in my room too.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by drew.haynes
    leet
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Lexen Xtreme

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Well I had a brief time at college last fall semester but I left because of personal reasons. I got a full refund and I'm heading back this fall semester. I don't even have any credits yet.

There is a kitchen on the bottom floor of most dorms, which I will be taking full advantage of. I could live in an apartment with my brother but I would rather have the social experience. I will have a microwave/minifridge in my room too.
    Cool, when I went to my first college I couldn't stand it... left after 3 weeks... It definately wasn't the right college for me...... I really gotta decide where I'm going to go to school this summer .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

It's tough dude. Same situation for me. I LOVE getting to hang out with a lot of great people and live on campus, but I wanna get big and strong too. It's really rough.
    195 @ 10%
    B/S/D:320/385/445

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by drew.haynes
    It's tough dude. Same situation for me. I LOVE getting to hang out with a lot of great people and live on campus, but I wanna get big and strong too. It's really rough.
    It is very tough. I just can't stand losing what I spent months to achieve. Hopefully I will find balance.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points

Today is my first day of a week long period of low intensity active recovery.
    Here's my workout:

db flat bench press: 1x10 at x2 50 lbs(warmup)
    bb flat bench press: 3x6 at 135 lbs
    bb incline bench press: 2x6 at 135 lbs
    cable flies: 2x8 at x2 50 lbs

EZ bar close grip bench: 2x6 at 100 lbs(if the EZ bar is 30 lbs, not sure)
    close grip cable pushdown: 2x8 at 120 lbs

db seated shoulder press: 3x6 at x2 40 lbs

My rest intervals today were 1 min. on the compound movements and 30 seconds on the isolation movements. This rest time wasn't really an issue considering the intensity.

This workout was very easy(as it was planned). It sure felt better going to the gym for some activity instead of taking the day off. I just have to remember to not let me ego get ahold of me and keep the intensity down because I am recovering, I have to remember that.

Today was actually my first day doing incline bb presses instead of db. They felt a bit awkward while racking and unracking the weight. The rack hooks are a few inches farther behind me than I would like.

I've found I really like using the EZ bar to do cg benching because of the way I can hold it with a very narrow grip. It is a bit tough hoisting it back if I don't have someone to hand it to me though.

My shoulders felt a bit uncomfortable while shoulder pressing with the dumb bells. I definatly feel more comfortable using the barbell because it stays in front of me more.

Today is my carb refeed day! I've already had large amounts of pasta and I've also had some low fat no sugar added ice cream.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Lexen Xtreme

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah, I hate how some racks have the bar farther back than you want... Most of the racks at my gym aren't TOO bad, but the seated military press one is horrible, so I just do them standing.

If it bothers you, you could ask someone to give you a liftoff, or if you're doing flat BB, you could use a power rack and move the bench exactly where you want it... Plus, you don't need a spotter (just set the safety pins) that way if you're going heavy.

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah, I hate how some racks have the bar farther back than you want... Most of the racks at my gym aren't TOO bad, but the seated military press one is horrible, so I just do them standing.

If it bothers you, you could ask someone to give you a liftoff, or if you're doing flat BB, you could use a power rack and move the bench exactly where you want it... Plus, you don't need a spotter (just set the safety pins) that way if you're going heavy.
    I hate asking for a spot, especially at 5:30 in the morning when the gym is full of old people and spinning nuts. I do ask if I really need one though.

My gym doesn't have a power rack.
    It has a rack with two flat bars to catch the barbell that are in a terminal position though. Too high for benching.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points

I started out the day nicely by being woken up by my dog at 4:30 a.m. I decided to get up anyways. My gym just put in 6 or 7 brand new treadmills, so that is pretty l337. I decided to test one out for a warm up walk.

Today I am proceeding with active recovery.

wide grip DOH chin up - 2x4 at bodyweight

low cable pulley row(neutral grip?) - 2x8 at 105 lbs

DB rows - 2x8 at 60 lbs

deadifts - 1x6 at 135
    1x6 at 225

dumb bell alt. curls -
    x1 warm up set
    1x12 at x2 40 lbs
    1x8 at x2 40 lbs (curls were suprisingly easy, I haven't done them in a while)

DB concentration curls - 2x6 at 40 lbs (I used to do these all the time like a nub, I decided to try them again for old time's sake.)

I saw my friend at the gym today and I asked him how his lifts are. He is around 200-210 lbs and he claimed he can bench 295, SL deadlift 405 for reps, and squat 610. I always knew he was really strong but those lifts are phenomonal for an 18 year old. He also used to just train on and off. He is not one who would lie or exaggerate so I'm very impressed. Hopefully I can see him move that weight. He should really enter a PL competetion. If he trained consistantly with a good program I bet he could be world class. I don't know if he juices though...lawl I don't think so though. Even if he did those numbers are still amazing. DAMN!
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Lexen Xtreme

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Damn... I went to bed AT 4:30 AM when I go to the gym it's usually in the late afternoon, or at night, so there are plenty of people to ask for a spot... I don't think I could ever go early in the morning.