• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Fu Fu's l337 journal

IML Gear Cream!
Brutus_G said:
Lol it's a little late but i'm signing on man. Shit i wish i could even do 4 pull ups. Also how long do your workouts usually last?

My workouts usually take 40-60 minutes.

For me to be able to do more pullups, I have to do them on a consistant basis. Like I can train my back with heavy weights but if I haven't done pullups in a while I tend to suck on them. They are like in a league of their own.

True that. I just started doing let downs by standing on a bench and letting myself down like 8 times. But now i'm outta school for like a week so i don't have access to a pull up bar.

Brutus_G said:
True that. I just started doing let downs by standing on a bench and letting myself down like 8 times. But now i'm outta school for like a week so i don't have access to a pull up bar.

Sounds like a good way to start gaining strength on that movement.

Nice deadlift PR, fufu. I see you're part of the DOH club. Nice. I love seeing someone else use the DOH grip. It's so much harder than most people think and I think it deserves a lot of credit, especially a 275 pull. Keep up the good work.

To gain strength with face pulls, I found that doing the slowest possible full negative repetitions was the best thing for me. I did maybe three sets of two slow negatives and tried to do a positive every once in a while. I can now do both supinated and pronated face pulls with added weight for singles. Give the negatives a try if you're struggling, though.

Hey guys i have a question. Once you finish heavy squats,shrugs,or dead lifts do you feel like your spine decompressing(almost hurts but feels good to like a stretch when stiff.)? Sorry for the odd wording if it's not clear I'll try again.

Squaggleboggin said:
Nice deadlift PR, fufu. I see you're part of the DOH club. Nice. I love seeing someone else use the DOH grip. It's so much harder than most people think and I think it deserves a lot of credit, especially a 275 pull. Keep up the good work.

To gain strength with face pulls, I found that doing the slowest possible full negative repetitions was the best thing for me. I did maybe three sets of two slow negatives and tried to do a positive every once in a while. I can now do both supinated and pronated face pulls with added weight for singles. Give the negatives a try if you're struggling, though.

Thanks. I'm going to see how much weight I can pull with DOH before I try a mixed grip, I figure it will also help me in the future by delevoping a better grip now. Today I'm doing facepulls and I will try your method out, thanks for the info!

I added 60 pounds to my max the moment I switched from DOH to mixed. I then used this idea to keep alternating between mixed and DOH to improve my grip and hopefully my max. I haven't maxed with a mixed grip in a while so I'll let you know how it turns out.

No problem - let me know whether you think you're seeing any progression in the future.

Brutus_G said:
Hey guys i have a question. Once you finish heavy squats,shrugs,or dead lifts do you feel like your spine decompressing(almost hurts but feels good to like a stretch when stiff.)? Sorry for the odd wording if it's not clear I'll try again.

I think I know what you mean. If I do, I feel it most when I do standing overhead bb presses. As long as you aren't feeling an lingering pain I think it's OK. I'm no doctor though. I definatly get a sensation in my back when doing deadlifts though.

Squaggleboggin said:
I added 60 pounds to my max the moment I switched from DOH to mixed. I then used this idea to keep alternating between mixed and DOH to improve my grip and hopefully my max. I haven't maxed with a mixed grip in a while so I'll let you know how it turns out.

No problem - let me know whether you think you're seeing any progression in the future.

Sounds like a good strategy. I made a thread a while ago asking how much more people can pull with a mixed grip as opposed to DOH, it ended up being between around 75-100 lbs. Amazing what happens when you supinate one hand. I'll let you know how the face pulls turn out. I've only done them once before so it will take a bit to gauge my progression properly.

Man thats a big load off my shoulders. I feel so much better now that i know i'm not alone lol. I thought having a hook grip was dangerous?

IML Gear Cream!
On the topic of DOH pulls, it's definately hard... I think 225 is about my limit for DOH for about 2 reps... I'm definately going to train my grip pretty hard to get that up there... If my DOH/hook grip gets better, I'm going to assume my mixed for max attempts will be better as well.

fufu said:
Sounds like a good strategy. I made a thread a while ago asking how much more people can pull with a mixed grip as opposed to DOH, it ended up being between around 75-100 lbs. Amazing what happens when you supinate one hand. I'll let you know how the face pulls turn out. I've only done them once before so it will take a bit to gauge my progression properly.

Answer AIM sometime... bitch!

What's DOH? :confused:

Hah.

Neither the hook grip nor the DOH grip is dangerous. Hook grip is unwise to try with heavy weights at first. It's definitely something you need to get used to before you just pile on the weights. Bad things can happen to your thumbs, but it's like anything else: Do it properly and you need only worry very little; do it improperly and you're asking for trouble.

I don't think my DOH is that far behind now. I'm at 380 but my mixed max has to be just over 4 or so.

BigDyl said:
Answer AIM sometime... bitch!

What's DOH? :confused:

I would but I be sleeping! zzzzzzzzz

I just messaged you and it says you aren't away. no response! :(

Today's workout -

db overhead press RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 10 reps at x2 40 lbs (warm up)
set #2 - 8 reps at x2 50 lbs
set #3 - 8 reps at x2 50 lbs

dips RI 75 seconds
set #1 - 7 reps at bodyweight
set #2 - 7 reps at bodyweight

pronated cable face pulls RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 8 reps at 105 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps at 105 lbs PR

these felt alot better than the first time I did them. hit my nose a couple times doing them kekeke.

db alternating front raises RI 60 seconds
set #1 - 8 reps at x2 25 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps at x2 30 lbs

never done these wanted to give them a shot.

rear delt cable raise
set #1 - 12 reps each arm at 30 lbs

60 seconds rest inbetween

lateral cable raise
set #1 - 8 reps each arm at 30 lbs

db static holds RI 75 seconds
set #1 - 30 seconds at x2 95 lbs
set #2 - 27 seconds at x2 95 lbs:mad:

didn't make it to thirty seconds because my RI is usually longer and I was getting a pain in my right forearm. It's fine now though. My first set might have been a PR I can't remember. I haven't done these in like a month and I have my old workout logged on some index card somewhere, don't feel like digging it up.

Good workout today. I haven't done db overhead presses in a while and they went great, felt good throughout the work out, and did some new stuff. My thursday workouts is kind of my miscellaneous movement day. Never too taxing and these workouts help me hit those muscles I won't usually engage so much in my "bigger" workouts.

Today's workout -

squats RI 2 minutes
set #1 - 6 reps at 245 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps at 235 lbs
set #3 - 4 reps at 225 lbs
set #4 - 4 reps at 205 ATG sit in the hole for two seconds each rep

db lunges RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 6 reps each leg at x2 55 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps each leg at x2 55 lbs PR

smith machine calf raises RI 45 seconds
set #1 - 15 reps at 155 lbs
set #2 - 15 reps at 155 lbs
set #3 - 15 reps at 155 lbs

meh felt like kind of a shitty work out. I find my knees buckling during squats more then they used to. Maybe I am going with too wide a stance. Who knows. I just had trouble all together with squats, I just wasn't getting in the groove.

Here are some leggy pics I took today. kekekeke

Ummm these are 23.5 inches cold at 175 lbs bodyweight.

looks good dude, how tall are you?

I train my legs hard but it's the hardest bodypart for me to fill out since i am 6'1 ectomorph. I have to start eating like 9000 cals a day just to gain a pound.

IML Gear Cream!
shiznit2169 said:
looks good dude, how tall are you?

I train my legs hard but it's the hardest bodypart for me to fill out since i am 6'1 ectomorph. I have to start eating like 9000 cals a day just to gain a pound.

I am between 5 11' and 6'. I think I might just be 6'. I also have to stuff myself silly to gain weight.

I forgot to ask you, how much you weigh? Just curious.

I cant stand being in the 170's .. i can't wait until i get close to 200

shiznit2169 said:
I forgot to ask you, how much you weigh? Just curious.

I cant stand being in the 170's .. i can't wait until i get close to 200

175 and planning on getting heavier. I was 190 at my peak weight.

Seanp156 said:
Fufu, where do you measure your legs? Upper thigh, or down by the knee?

Like half way between the knee and hip joint. I just measured my legs, they aren't 23.5, they are 23.:(

Seanp156 said:
I think you're pretty much supposed to measure it at the widest point (up near the hip).

hmm then let's see where I am at using that method...

then I am 24'' even. I measured just below where the glute meets the hamstring.

That tis strange... They seem a bit bigger than that, even more so considering you're a bit taller than me. Maybe I just have huge ass hamstrings.

Seanp156 said:
That tis strange... They seem a bit bigger than that, even more so considering you're a bit taller than me.

Maybe I just suck at measuring. I wish they were bigger. :(

Well I just measuring them again and realized that the measuring tape was digging into the fat in my upper leg. So make that a 24.5'' lawl.

Back