Fu Fu's l337 journal

Page 7 of 559 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 8376
  1. #91
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18,571

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Rep Points
    91442575

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus_G
    Lol it's a little late but i'm signing on man. Shit i wish i could even do 4 pull ups. Also how long do your workouts usually last?
    My workouts usually take 40-60 minutes.

    For me to be able to do more pullups, I have to do them on a consistant basis. Like I can train my back with heavy weights but if I haven't done pullups in a while I tend to suck on them. They are like in a league of their own.

  2. #92
    Registered User
    Brutus_G's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,673

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3838737

    True that. I just started doing let downs by standing on a bench and letting myself down like 8 times. But now i'm outta school for like a week so i don't have access to a pull up bar.

  3. #93
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18,571

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Rep Points
    91442575

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus_G
    True that. I just started doing let downs by standing on a bench and letting myself down like 8 times. But now i'm outta school for like a week so i don't have access to a pull up bar.
    Sounds like a good way to start gaining strength on that movement.

  4. #94
    Functional Lifting = Life


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,525

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3146215

    Nice deadlift PR, fufu. I see you're part of the DOH club. Nice. I love seeing someone else use the DOH grip. It's so much harder than most people think and I think it deserves a lot of credit, especially a 275 pull. Keep up the good work.

    To gain strength with face pulls, I found that doing the slowest possible full negative repetitions was the best thing for me. I did maybe three sets of two slow negatives and tried to do a positive every once in a while. I can now do both supinated and pronated face pulls with added weight for singles. Give the negatives a try if you're struggling, though.

  5. #95
    Registered User
    Brutus_G's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,673

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3838737

    Hey guys i have a question. Once you finish heavy squats,shrugs,or dead lifts do you feel like your spine decompressing(almost hurts but feels good to like a stretch when stiff.)? Sorry for the odd wording if it's not clear I'll try again.

  6. #96
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18,571

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Rep Points
    91442575

    Quote Originally Posted by Squaggleboggin
    Nice deadlift PR, fufu. I see you're part of the DOH club. Nice. I love seeing someone else use the DOH grip. It's so much harder than most people think and I think it deserves a lot of credit, especially a 275 pull. Keep up the good work.

    To gain strength with face pulls, I found that doing the slowest possible full negative repetitions was the best thing for me. I did maybe three sets of two slow negatives and tried to do a positive every once in a while. I can now do both supinated and pronated face pulls with added weight for singles. Give the negatives a try if you're struggling, though.
    Thanks. I'm going to see how much weight I can pull with DOH before I try a mixed grip, I figure it will also help me in the future by delevoping a better grip now. Today I'm doing facepulls and I will try your method out, thanks for the info!

  7. #97
    Functional Lifting = Life


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,525

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3146215

    I added 60 pounds to my max the moment I switched from DOH to mixed. I then used this idea to keep alternating between mixed and DOH to improve my grip and hopefully my max. I haven't maxed with a mixed grip in a while so I'll let you know how it turns out.

    No problem - let me know whether you think you're seeing any progression in the future.

  8. #98
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18,571

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Rep Points
    91442575

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus_G
    Hey guys i have a question. Once you finish heavy squats,shrugs,or dead lifts do you feel like your spine decompressing(almost hurts but feels good to like a stretch when stiff.)? Sorry for the odd wording if it's not clear I'll try again.
    I think I know what you mean. If I do, I feel it most when I do standing overhead bb presses. As long as you aren't feeling an lingering pain I think it's OK. I'm no doctor though. I definatly get a sensation in my back when doing deadlifts though.

  9. #99
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18,571

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Rep Points
    91442575

    Quote Originally Posted by Squaggleboggin
    I added 60 pounds to my max the moment I switched from DOH to mixed. I then used this idea to keep alternating between mixed and DOH to improve my grip and hopefully my max. I haven't maxed with a mixed grip in a while so I'll let you know how it turns out.

    No problem - let me know whether you think you're seeing any progression in the future.
    Sounds like a good strategy. I made a thread a while ago asking how much more people can pull with a mixed grip as opposed to DOH, it ended up being between around 75-100 lbs. Amazing what happens when you supinate one hand. I'll let you know how the face pulls turn out. I've only done them once before so it will take a bit to gauge my progression properly.

  10. #100
    Registered User
    Brutus_G's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,673

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3838737

    Man thats a big load off my shoulders. I feel so much better now that i know i'm not alone lol. I thought having a hook grip was dangerous?

  11. #101
    Lexen Xtreme


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,246

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    6846138

    On the topic of DOH pulls, it's definately hard... I think 225 is about my limit for DOH for about 2 reps... I'm definately going to train my grip pretty hard to get that up there... If my DOH/hook grip gets better, I'm going to assume my mixed for max attempts will be better as well.

  12. #102
    Elite Kiki
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    15,393

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    24446775

    Quote Originally Posted by fufu
    Sounds like a good strategy. I made a thread a while ago asking how much more people can pull with a mixed grip as opposed to DOH, it ended up being between around 75-100 lbs. Amazing what happens when you supinate one hand. I'll let you know how the face pulls turn out. I've only done them once before so it will take a bit to gauge my progression properly.

    Answer AIM sometime... bitch!

    What's DOH?

  13. #103
    Lexen Xtreme


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,246

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    6846138

    DOH = Double overhand.... n00b.

  14. #104
    Functional Lifting = Life


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,525

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3146215

    Hah.

    Neither the hook grip nor the DOH grip is dangerous. Hook grip is unwise to try with heavy weights at first. It's definitely something you need to get used to before you just pile on the weights. Bad things can happen to your thumbs, but it's like anything else: Do it properly and you need only worry very little; do it improperly and you're asking for trouble.

    I don't think my DOH is that far behind now. I'm at 380 but my mixed max has to be just over 4 or so.

  15. #105
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18,571

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Rep Points
    91442575

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl
    Answer AIM sometime... bitch!

    What's DOH?
    I would but I be sleeping! zzzzzzzzz

    I just messaged you and it says you aren't away. no response!

Similar Threads

  1. My journal
    By KEFE in forum Online Journals
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 09:00 PM
  2. PGT Journal
    By PGT in forum Online Journals
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 03:52 AM
  3. ~first Journal~
    By muscle_01 in forum Online Journals
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 04:27 PM
  4. for 4ll u CS l337 h4xorz out th3r3.
    By FishOrCutBait in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 06:31 AM
  5. Rangers97's "Everyone Else Has a Journal" Journal
    By rangers97 in forum Online Journals
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 03:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2019 IronMag® Bodybuilding Discussion Forums