• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fu Fu's l337 journal

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well I'm starting a journal. I don't know if I will get comments/tips or whatnot and maybe it will be a comeplete waste of time...hopefully!

I just turned 19 years old and I have 5 1/2 months to get strong as I can before I go back to college. I am currently 180 lbs pound, 5' 11" and at approx a 10-12 percent bf. The most I've ever been was 190 lbs. I've been weightlifting a bit more than a year now, almost exactly a year actually. However, I've only had a good training program for the past 4 1/2 months. The biggest thing I started doing in the last 4 1/2 months is...training LEGS.

I'm one week into a cut and diet/training is going great. I've also started doing HIIT twice a week. I'm on a low carb/refeed diet.

As for supplements I am currently using the following:
Whey, fish oil capsules, multivitamin, lean fuel extreme(which I've already had fantastic results), and glutamine.

I train 4 times a week. My program is as follows.
monday - chest/triceps
tuesday - back/biceps
wednesday - HIIT cardio for 10-20 minutes/rest
thursday - shoulders/traps/grip/calves
friday - quads and hamstrings
saturday - rest
sunday - HIIT cardio 10-20 minutes/rest

I've been training at a high intensity for the past 2 months and I'm going to start my training journal with an unloading/active recovery phase for a week. I know I know, what a way to start a journal. In a week I'll be back to with a much higher intensity.

Thanks to anyone who wishes to follow this. If anyone wants to support me on this journal I will gladly do likewise. :)

Reactions: GFR
fufu said:
Well I'm starting a journal. I don't know if I will get comments/tips or whatnot and maybe it will be a comeplete waste of time...hopefully!

I just turned 19 years old and I have 5 1/2 months to get strong as I can before I go back to college. I am currently 180 lbs pound, 5' 11" and at approx a 10-12 percent bf. The most I've ever been was 190 lbs. I've been weightlifting a bit more than a year now, almost exactly a year actually. However, I've only had a good training program for the past 4 1/2 months. The biggest thing I started doing in the last 4 1/2 months is...training LEGS.

I'm one week into a cut and diet/training is going great. I've also started doing HIIT twice a week. I'm on a low carb/refeed diet.

As for supplements I am currently using the following:
Whey, fish oil capsules, multivitamin, lean fuel extreme(which I've already had fantastic results), and glutamine.

I train 4 times a week. My program is as follows.
monday - chest/triceps
tuesday - back/biceps
wednesday - HIIT cardio for 10-20 minutes/rest
thursday - shoulders/traps/grip/calves
friday - quads and hamstrings
saturday - rest
sunday - HIIT cardio 10-20 minutes/rest

I've been training at a high intensity for the past 2 months and I'm going to start my training journal with an unloading/active recovery phase for a week. I know I know, what a way to start a journal. In a week I'll be back to with a much higher intensity.

Thanks to anyone who wishes to follow this. If anyone wants to support me on this journal I will gladly do likewise. :)

Sounds good... Why 5.5 month to get as strong as you can? Are you planning on playing a sport when you go back, or is it just a personal goal?

Seanp156 said:
Sounds good... Why 5.5 month to get as strong as you can? Are you planning on playing a sport when you go back, or is it just a personal goal?

Well I should rephrase that. In the next 5 1/2 months I can base my life around diet/weightlifting. When college comes around I'm going to have to sacrifice alot - classes, diet(ah!), and of course socializing. I will be getting a membership to a Gold's Gym when I to college and I'm going to put as much as I can into training, but as of now I can truly devote most of my time to it.

fufu said:
Well I should rephrase that. In the next 5 1/2 months I can base my life around diet/weightlifting. When college comes around I'm going to have to sacrifice alot - classes, diet(ah!), and of course socializing. I will be getting a membership to a Gold's Gym when I to college and I'm going to put as much as I can into training, but as of now I can truly devote most of my time to it.

That's one thing that's kinda nice about being at home while going to college.... I can still have total control of my diet for the most part.... I'm guessing you're living in a dorm? Do the dorms have any sort of kitchen (stovetop, fridge, microwave)?

When I was living in a dorm (hated it), they at least had a mini-fridge, a couple stovetops, and a place for a microwave, so I could still have eggs, oatmeal, and fish/chicken if I made it on the stovetop.

So, you're already done with college this year? In March???

Seanp156 said:
That's one thing that's kinda nice about being at home while going to college.... I can still have total control of my diet for the most part.... I'm guessing you're living in a dorm? Do the dorms have any sort of kitchen (stovetop, fridge, microwave)?

When I was living in a dorm (hated it), they at least had a mini-fridge, a couple stovetops, and a place for a microwave, so I could still have eggs, oatmeal, and fish/chicken if I made it on the stovetop.

So, you're already done with college this year? In March???

Well I had a brief time at college last fall semester but I left because of personal reasons. I got a full refund and I'm heading back this fall semester. I don't even have any credits yet. :D

There is a kitchen on the bottom floor of most dorms, which I will be taking full advantage of. I could live in an apartment with my brother but I would rather have the social experience. I will have a microwave/minifridge in my room too.

fufu said:
Well I had a brief time at college last fall semester but I left because of personal reasons. I got a full refund and I'm heading back this fall semester. I don't even have any credits yet. :D

There is a kitchen on the bottom floor of most dorms, which I will be taking full advantage of. I could live in an apartment with my brother but I would rather have the social experience. I will have a microwave/minifridge in my room too.

Cool, when I went to my first college I couldn't stand it... left after 3 weeks... It definately wasn't the right college for me...... I really gotta decide where I'm going to go to school this summer :mad:.

It's tough dude. Same situation for me. I LOVE getting to hang out with a lot of great people and live on campus, but I wanna get big and strong too. It's really rough.

drew.haynes said:
It's tough dude. Same situation for me. I LOVE getting to hang out with a lot of great people and live on campus, but I wanna get big and strong too. It's really rough.

It is very tough. I just can't stand losing what I spent months to achieve. Hopefully I will find balance.

IML Gear Cream!
Today is my first day of a week long period of low intensity active recovery.
Here's my workout:

db flat bench press: 1x10 at x2 50 lbs(warmup)
bb flat bench press: 3x6 at 135 lbs
bb incline bench press: 2x6 at 135 lbs
cable flies: 2x8 at x2 50 lbs

EZ bar close grip bench: 2x6 at 100 lbs(if the EZ bar is 30 lbs, not sure)
close grip cable pushdown: 2x8 at 120 lbs

db seated shoulder press: 3x6 at x2 40 lbs

My rest intervals today were 1 min. on the compound movements and 30 seconds on the isolation movements. This rest time wasn't really an issue considering the intensity.

This workout was very easy(as it was planned). It sure felt better going to the gym for some activity instead of taking the day off. I just have to remember to not let me ego get ahold of me and keep the intensity down because I am recovering, I have to remember that.

Today was actually my first day doing incline bb presses instead of db. They felt a bit awkward while racking and unracking the weight. The rack hooks are a few inches farther behind me than I would like.

I've found I really like using the EZ bar to do cg benching because of the way I can hold it with a very narrow grip. It is a bit tough hoisting it back if I don't have someone to hand it to me though.

My shoulders felt a bit uncomfortable while shoulder pressing with the dumb bells. I definatly feel more comfortable using the barbell because it stays in front of me more.

Today is my carb refeed day! I've already had large amounts of pasta and I've also had some low fat no sugar added ice cream. :)

Yeah, I hate how some racks have the bar farther back than you want... Most of the racks at my gym aren't TOO bad, but the seated military press one is horrible, so I just do them standing.

If it bothers you, you could ask someone to give you a liftoff, or if you're doing flat BB, you could use a power rack and move the bench exactly where you want it... Plus, you don't need a spotter (just set the safety pins) that way if you're going heavy.

Seanp156 said:
Yeah, I hate how some racks have the bar farther back than you want... Most of the racks at my gym aren't TOO bad, but the seated military press one is horrible, so I just do them standing.

If it bothers you, you could ask someone to give you a liftoff, or if you're doing flat BB, you could use a power rack and move the bench exactly where you want it... Plus, you don't need a spotter (just set the safety pins) that way if you're going heavy.

I hate asking for a spot, especially at 5:30 in the morning when the gym is full of old people and spinning nuts. I do ask if I really need one though.

My gym doesn't have a power rack.:(
It has a rack with two flat bars to catch the barbell that are in a terminal position though. Too high for benching.

I started out the day nicely by being woken up by my dog at 4:30 a.m. I decided to get up anyways. My gym just put in 6 or 7 brand new treadmills, so that is pretty l337. I decided to test one out for a warm up walk.

Today I am proceeding with active recovery.

wide grip DOH chin up - 2x4 at bodyweight

low cable pulley row(neutral grip?) - 2x8 at 105 lbs

DB rows - 2x8 at 60 lbs

deadifts - 1x6 at 135
1x6 at 225

dumb bell alt. curls -
x1 warm up set
1x12 at x2 40 lbs
1x8 at x2 40 lbs (curls were suprisingly easy, I haven't done them in a while)

DB concentration curls - 2x6 at 40 lbs (I used to do these all the time like a nub, I decided to try them again for old time's sake.)

I saw my friend at the gym today and I asked him how his lifts are. He is around 200-210 lbs and he claimed he can bench 295, SL deadlift 405 for reps, and squat 610. I always knew he was really strong but those lifts are phenomonal for an 18 year old. He also used to just train on and off. He is not one who would lie or exaggerate so I'm very impressed. Hopefully I can see him move that weight. He should really enter a PL competetion. If he trained consistantly with a good program I bet he could be world class. I don't know if he juices though...lawl I don't think so though. Even if he did those numbers are still amazing. DAMN!

Damn... I went to bed AT 4:30 AM :laugh: when I go to the gym it's usually in the late afternoon, or at night, so there are plenty of people to ask for a spot... I don't think I could ever go early in the morning.

Played tennis yesterday for the first time since last fall. It was great, I think I actually played better than the last time I had picked up a racket. My serve got better, my forehand got better, and I find I can scramble to hit those balls I used to not be able to. I'm gonna play again today and then possibly help out with my old high school's tennis team. The girls on it are smoking! I like taking time off from the gym. kekekeke

Today was my first doing chest/tricpes/light shoulders in two weeks...I thought I would come back stronger but now that I think about, that wouldn't make much sense. This is probably the worst workout I've had in a while. My reps are all over the place because I didn't know where my strength was at.

dumb bell press:
set #1 - 10 reps at x2 55 (warm up)
set #2 - 3 reps at x2 85 lbs
set #3 - 6 rep at x2 80 lbs
set#4 - 4 reps at x2 75

I realized my strength wasn't where it was at before so I decided to do incline presses at x2 65 instead of x2 75. I couldn't even get the weight up.:mad: :mad: :mad:

at this point I left because I was so pissed about my sets.
I expected 3 sets of 4 reps at x2 85 lbs. I figured I wouldn't be going to failure on any of these. About half way home I turned around to finish because I would have been pissed at myself the rest of the day.

I came back and finished with this
incline db chest press:
set #1 - 6 reps at x2 60 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps at x2 60 lbs

pec deck
set #1 - 8 reps at 150 lbs
set #2 - 7 reps at 150 lbs :shake:

close grip bench with EZ bar
set #1 - 8 reps at 90 lbs plus the EZ bar(so another 30 lbs I guess? I don't know how much it weighs.
set #2 - 4 reps at 90 lbs plus EZ bar(last reps and a half was helped with a spotter...lame lame lame.):mad:

single handed dumb bell extensions
set #1 - 4 reps at 30 lbs each arm
set #2 - 6 reps at 25 lbs each arm
:(

That is it, hopefully my strength decrease was from taking time off. I guess I need to get aclimated to the weights again. I figure the time off will yield more progression than hindering my results in the long run.

Today's workout (3/28) was much better.

DB rows
set #1 - 10 reps each side at 50 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps each side at 80 lbs
set #3 - 4 reps each side at 85 lbs
set #4 - 4 reps each side at 90 lbs
set #5 - 4 reps each side at 95 lbs

DOH widegrip cable pulldown
set #1 - 6 reps at 150 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps at 150 lbs

low cable rows
set #1 - 6 reps at 135 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps at 135 lbs

DOH grip deadlifts
set #1 - 10 at 135 lbs(warmup)
set #2 - 6 at 225 lbs
set #3 - 6 reps at 235 lbs
set #4 - 6 reps at 245 lbs

EZ bar standing curls:
set #1 - 10 reps at 20 lbs+bar(warmup)
set #2 - 8 reps at 50 lbs +bar
set #3 - 6 reps at 50 lbs +bar

standing DB preacher curls
set #1 - 5 reps each arm at 30 lbs

machine preacher curls:
8 reps at 120 lbs

This workout felt great. Deadlifts felt the best they ever have. My form felt awesome, the weight felt light, and I only had to rest about 1 1/2 minutes between sets. Looks like my week break payed off.

Today(3/29) I did HIIT cardio for the first time outside. Wow I was smoked by the end of it. I did ten minutes down in a park near my house. I sprinted about 100 meters, then jogged/walked 150 meters. By the end of it I was starting to feel like puking. Haven't felt that since cross country back in highschool when my coach made us fun 800/600/400/200 meter intervals.

Workouts are looking solid man, keep it up.

IML Gear Cream!
Ahhh..Cross Country....Yes... I remember Fartlicks....Or Indian Runs.....Cant remember which one is which, but the last guy sprinted to the front of the line and then repeated.....BUT...My favorite was fox and the hound...hehe...
We gave the JV a small head start...about a half mile...or less....then we had to chase them down like dogs.....And if all of us did not catch them...Well....Sprints galore....and then more running....Wish I kept up with it....Trying to get back into the 5k's again, but working slowly to it of course....workouts look good..

EricCamper said:
Ahhh..Cross Country....Yes... I remember Fartlicks....Or Indian Runs.....Cant remember which one is which, but the last guy sprinted to the front of the line and then repeated.....BUT...My favorite was fox and the hound...hehe...
We gave the JV a small head start...about a half mile...or less....then we had to chase them down like dogs.....And if all of us did not catch them...Well....Sprints galore....and then more running....Wish I kept up with it....Trying to get back into the 5k's again, but working slowly to it of course....workouts look good..

Yes we did those. Thankfully only about 20 percent of the team was fast so they weren't that bad. We called them Indian runs.

5k's are tough to get back into. I think I only ran one after high school. Oh wait, I signed up for it and then ended up just getting my tshirt and not running. :D

Ok I did legs on friday but I had done the workout at 5 am after staying up all night so it was shitty, that's all I'm gonna say. I'm on a weird schedule and trying to get it back to waking up at 7 am again. gah!

This week my numbers should back to normal from taking time off I believe. Hopefully.

BTW my cut has been going awesome.

fufu said:

I know this is old, but this is the first time i've taken a peek at your journal.

As far as the college experience goes, you'll be fine. I mean i was in the same boat you are in now. When i was bulking over the summer, i went from 145 pounds to 180 pounds. Unfortunately, i lost weight and went back down to 165 pounds because i was adapting to a new environment and my diet/training schedule got all screwed up.

After a while when you get used to it, you'll be fine. In the dorms i live in now, all they have is a microwave which kind of sucks but i have a lot of food in my room for when i go grocery shopping plus there is a diner nearby that i go to 3 times a day and the food isn't that bad. I just gorge myself with chicken, veggies and so forth. It took me a while to actually start gaining weight and i am currently at 172 pounds.

Don't worry about the social life. You will have time to go to the gym. It's very important to have good time management and have a good flexible schedule. You will need to plan ahead of time ... like when your classes are, when you're going to eat, when you're going to lift, when you're going to study and do homework, when you're going to have free time for socializing and so forth.

I wish you the best of luck. Where are you going to college by the way? If i remember correctly, you said you were going to Umass Amherst right?

Shiznit-
Yep, Oomas.

I'm looking forward it, I'm sick of having no social life. I figure I'll have to make some sacrifices but it will be worth it. I'm starting to stop worrying so much about keeping my training and diet consistant. I'll be rooming in a dorm that is like a 1 minute walk to the D.C. The food is pretty good too actually. I'll also only have to ride a bus for 5 minutes to get to the Gold's that I'm getting a membership to. I get to register for my classes earlier than everyone else to, big plus. I can choose all the times I want my shit at and have first picks.

Last edited:
Well yesterday's workout was pretty shitty. This is two weeks in a row I've had crappy monday workouts. I felt fine but my strength was down. Here it is:

db chest press:
set #1 - 10 at x2 50 lbs(warm up) R.I. 2 minutes
set #2 - 8 reps at x2 75 lbs
set #3 - 6 reps at x2 75 lbs

incline db chest press: R.I. 2 minutes
set #1 - 8 at x2 55 lbs
set #2 - 6 at x2 50 lbs(this set was done on a higher incline making it a bit harder because some tool was sitting on the incline bench I like to use. Also on the 6th rep my arm started drifting backwards because I wasn't used to the incline so I disengaged the set, I was shooting for 8 reps, oh well.)

About a month ago I was pressing what I was with the 75 at 80. I'll just blame it on my shitty sleep schedules.

hammer strength wide chest press: R.I. 2 minutes
set #1 & 2 - 8 reps at x2 90 lbs

cable flies:
set #1 & 2 - 10 reps at x2 50 lbs R.I. 45 seconds

close grip bench(suicide grip) R.I. 90 seconds
set #1 & 2 - 12 reps at 95 lbs

close grip cable pushdown R.I. 45 seconds.
set #1 & 2 - 12 reps at 100 lbs

Today's workout was 1337. This is the second week in a row I've had great tuesday workouts. Weird. It is opposite for monday. Here it is -

bent bb rows (thumbless grip)
set #1 - 10 reps at 95 lbs(warm up)
set #2 - 10 reps at 135 lbs
set #3 - 10 reps at 135 lbs
set #4 - 10 reps at 135 lbs

cable pulldowns (grip was neutral I think? both hands facing eachother, it was a narrow grip)
set #1 - 10 reps at 135 lbs
set #2 - 10 reps at 135 lbs
set #3 - 10 reps at 135 lbs

at this point I didn't know how deadlifts would fancy because my grip was battered from the previous sets.

from the floor deadlifts:
set #1 - 10 reps at 135 lbs DOH(warm up)
set #2 - 6 reps at 235 lbs DOH
set #3 - 6 reps at 245 lbs DOH
set #4 - 6 reps at 255 lbs DOH

yay for deadlifts, they went great. My grip handled fine and I didn't go to failure on any of the sets. I think I can thank my improved form for that.

db bent curls
set #1 - 10 reps each at 35 lbs

incline curls
set #1 - 8 reps at x2 35 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps at x2 30 lbs
set #3 - 8 reps at x2 30 lbs

That is it!

I forgot the mention, weight was at 176 lbs this morning. Cut is going fine.

Sounds good, and workouts look good too. How tall are you?

*EDIT* Ok I'm a fucktard... You said 5'11" on the first page... :laugh:

Back