• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Can you tell if someone is using steroids just by looking at their development?

Mike Tuvre USA

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I see some guys at my gym, and they are so lean, but huge. I wonder if I can look that big, but without steroids. If they are taking them, I won't be able to look like them so I was wondering how I could tell the natural's from the steroid users. I want to be realistic about my gains. Thanks.

what is your definition of huge ?

If someone looks too big to be natural they probably aren't. When i see people that don't train that hard, get really big very quickly i doubt very much they're just on the Met-Rx!

I can't describe huge because it is more the look between their wrists/joints and the shape and height of their muscles. Their whole body doesn't look huge, but their muscles do. Does this make any sense?

This guy is a good example of 100% natural

His name is Tom Venuto

Attachments

• Natural_Bodybuilder_Tom_Venuto_Most_Muscular_10-29-05.jpg
    Natural_Bodybuilder_Tom_Venuto_Most_Muscular_10-29-05.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 318
  • supersets_muscle_tom_venuto_gabrielle_reilly.jpg
    supersets_muscle_tom_venuto_gabrielle_reilly.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 355
Yes they will have breasts and no hair ;) LOL

I dont believe that bloke has always been natural... I would bet at some point he has done a couple of cheeky cycles and just lies his ass off. You only really have their word to go by I suppose.

enormous traps and veins galore is usually what i use to determine the juicers from the rest.

That said there really is no way of knowing without them pissing in a cup.

haha and even then who really knows

shiznit2169 said:
This guy is a good example of 100% natural

His name is Tom Venuto

Now that's an impressive physique. Jesus!

Well you could associate it with certain things I guess. Like, if you notice that he gets heavy acne at times or whatnot. That is all I can really think of. It would be pretty hard to tell. I mean, if he is all the sudden lifting amounts of weights he wasn't able to before, I think you can assume he is.

IML Gear Cream!
Tom Venuto is 100% natural?? I have a natural goal now! lol

Skip LaCoure is 100% Natural too. Jeff Willet Also!!

Mike Tuvre said:
Their whole body doesn't look huge, but their muscles do. Does this make any sense?

No.

You can't tell man. Tom Venuto did not take roids, he is not huge and probably has a extremly strict diet.
It take years of training though. Ask em how long they have been training.

He is joking Foreman.

As for having "big muscles but not looking huge," then they are not huge. If someone is very lean they may look better than someone who has 2 inch larger arms, as an example. Being lean makes a BIG difference in appearance.

Red Skin
Zits
Drastic changes in muscle mass (assuming youve seen them before they appeared bigger)
Drastic changes in mood (assuming you know the person)
Loss of hair
Growth of facial hair

But none of this means a fucking thing. Everyone is different.

Facial hair? I think thats puberty.

But no, you can't always tell. I've seen very small average looking guys talking about taking steroids in the gym.

You'll never know unless you

A) Test them
B) Ask them

My friends have taken before and shortly into their usage cycles their neck size would increase, not the traps so much but definitely the neck thickness. they will get abnormally large abnormally fast without the strength gains to back it up but you will not be able to go by assumption you will have to study them and then at best make a guess. My advice is to not worry about anybody but yourself because you have no idea what is an is not attainable until you put yourself through hell with enormous poundages in the compound lifts over extended periods of time. You could very well surpass people you never thought you could.

NOt always but often yes. i know guys who juice and you would never guess they do. Those who juice heavily for size always stand out and you can always tell.

IML Gear Cream!
i can tell most of the time..there are juicers who are not big since they dont work out properly and there are juicers who are huge. the big ones can be with fat or ripped ...all the above cases can come from juicers. i just can tell by the way he is changing, the shape of the muscle, his hair and skin tone , his facial skin and features.
it is not hard to tell once you spend years in the gym.
and by the way funny enough the strongest guy in the gym where i go is not a juicer which pisses off the juicers (the majority) , i am the second guy who teases the juicers..

Occasionally you'll see something obvious, like an average looking person growing insane arm hair in a few months, or someone in their 30s developing crazy acne. Or they just grow an excessive amount without getting fatter. But you have to have seen someone before and after to really tell. I know a guy who's on a gram of test a week and I think he looks completely natural, and not even big. He showed me a pic of him from the summer and I'm shocked at how different he looks. Like he hit puberty at the age of 25.

Either way, you can never look to anyone else, natural or not, to tell you what is realistic to accomplish. Naturally I gained 20 pounds my first year lifting, and 10 every year after that. They became softer and softer 10s as time went on. A friend of mine gained 40 pounds naturally his first year.

Realistic goals? If you want realistic goals look at the hypertrophy that olympic athletes get. I'm not saying you have to start Olympic lifting if you want to get huge, but they have amazing hypertrophy and are tested regularly.

There are naturals pulling 700lbs and squatting 600lbs and benching who knows how much. There is no reason you should limit yourself. Even looking at top natural competitors... who says you can't surpass them?

chinawl.jpg

Asking and getting an honest answer is about the only way.

sure there are many degrees of juicing ....some people do a cycle or two ..then it is hard to tell. but long term juicers are a different story

I see some guys at my gym, and they are so lean, but huge. I wonder if I can look that big, but without steroids. If they are taking them, I won't be able to look like them so I was wondering how I could tell the natural's from the steroid users. I want to be realistic about my gains. Thanks.

Why compare yourself to anybody else, juiced or not, when setting yourself a goal? Your genetic make-up is diffirent than anybody elses in this world (unless you have an identical twin) so one's natural limit is most certainly not going to be your natural limit.

And one more thing, what you call huge now will pmost likely not be huge to you after a solid year of training.

I got to a pretty firm 220 before I started pinning And traps are one of the most genetic muscles their are. I see people with tiny bodies and huge traps and they don't juice. Tou would be surprised how big you can get natty

Realistic goals? If you want realistic goals look at the hypertrophy that olympic athletes get. I'm not saying you have to start Olympic lifting if you want to get huge, but they have amazing hypertrophy and are tested regularly.

There are naturals pulling 700lbs and squatting 600lbs and benching who knows how much. There is no reason you should limit yourself. Even looking at top natural competitors... who says you can't surpass them?

chinawl.jpg

dont be naive and think that Olympic athletes dont juice.

Back