• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

% of calories in pre, post and post-post workout meals?

ShannonC_77

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm wondering, what % of your total calories do you eat in your pre, post and post-post workout meals/shakes? I'm eating 1900 calories a day right now (I'm a female and pretty small) and 700 are in this meals (200 pre, 200 post, 300 post-post). Is this too much? it kind of scares me knowing I'm taking in a little over 35% of my calories for the day before 8 am...(I work out first thing in the morning). Is this standard?

I personally take in a Hell of a lot more calories around my workout. I eat a meal, workout about 45 minutes later, have my PWO shake, and then have another meal about 45 minutes after that. So, I take in probably about a 1/3 of my calories give or take a little bit within that 3 hour period as well. Makes sense to me, as this is the time that the nutrients are most likely to be shuttled off to active cells/utilized for energy "immediately" as opposed to stored as fat.

CowPimp said:
I personally take in a Hell of a lot more calories around my workout. I eat a meal, workout about 45 minutes later, have my PWO shake, and then have another meal about 45 minutes after that. So, I take in probably about a 1/3 of my calories give or take a little bit within that 3 hour period as well. Makes sense to me, as this is the time that the nutrients are most likely to be shuttled off to active cells/utilized for energy "immediately" as opposed to stored as fat.

same here 25-40 percnet is a good estimate for everyone

Back