• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fish Oil toxins

Doublebase

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was working with this women this past week. I was telling her about how I take fish oils capsules. She had read bad things about the toxins stored in the fats. She sent me this today. Check it out. Comments.

While there is no doubt about the beneficial effects of omega 3 fatty acids in your diet, this article seems to suggest that reduced rates of morbidity from cardiovascular disease as a result of consuming fish oil may be offset by morbidity due to the toxins in the oil.
http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/106/21/2747

I don't want to be too alarmist, but a quick survey of the literature suggests that my fears about mercury and dioxin levels in fish oil were not unfounded. However it seems it is possible with a little research to find sources with lower levels of toxins. Those may from fish bodies rather than livers and from fish lower on the food chain, because as I was explaining toxins are stored in fat. So in simple terms, the more carnivorous fish another carnivorous fish has eaten the more cumulative the levels of mercury, dioxin and POP's. are . In the article http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3013797
http://www.all-creatures.org/health/chewing.html
Thanks for everything last week. I had a lot of fun. Hope to see you in Boston.
Connie

It's sad that mercury is such an issue, but I believe that molecullarly distilled fish oil has virtually no mercury in it. Also, certain kinds of fish contain much higher levels of mercury than others.

I take Member's Mark Omega 3 Fish Oil. 1000mg softgels. About 6-8 a day. How do I know if they area good or not?

Doublebase said:
I take Member's Mark Omega 3 Fish Oil. 1000mg softgels. About 6-8 a day. How do I know if they area good or not?

Is there any information on the packaging about the filtration process? On their website?

Doublebase said:
Fish oils are generally tested for mercury etc and are not allowed on the market if they fail.

You can look here: http://www.consumerlabs.com/results/omega3.asp
To see if there is information about your specific brand.

I can't find any info on my brand. Should I continue using it? I get a good deal on my brand so I would prefer to stick with it.

Doublebase said:
I can't find any info on my brand. Should I continue using it? I get a good deal on my brand so I would prefer to stick with it.

Please keep taking in it! In fact, double the dose.

Doublebase said:
I am 99% sure it would be fine... If you are overly concerned - contact the manufacturer.

topolo said:
Please keep taking in it! In fact, double the dose.

why?

Emma-Leigh said:
I am 99% sure it would be fine... If you are overly concerned - contact the manufacturer.

I know you are very knowledgable about this stuff. How can you be so sure that the levels of mercury are not harmful?

topolo said:
Because hopefully it is full of toxins :thumb:

and what will that do?

Doublebase said:
I know you are very knowledgable about this stuff. How can you be so sure that the levels of mercury are not harmful?

Maker's Mark is a Sam's Club/Walmart brand. My guess is that they woud pass regs, but barely. With supps, you always get what you pay for, the more yo upay, the better the quality of the ingredients. Robert and Gena Dimaggio recognized this, and because of the current state of the supplement industry, they started IronMag Labs.

Dale Mabry said:
Maker's Mark is a Sam's Club/Walmart brand. My guess is that they woud pass regs, but barely. With supps, you always get what you pay for, the more yo upay, the better the quality of the ingredients. Robert and Gena Dimaggio recognized this, and because of the current state of the supplement industry, they started IronMag Labs.

Is this a token IML post, you failed to meet quota last month :pissed:

Dale Mabry said:

So are these fish oil pills doing more harm then good?

Doublebase said:
So are these fish oil pills doing more harm then good?

Probably not, assuming the FDA is looking out for your best interest.

Some of the better sources are free of mercury and it may be good to choose an organic source for fish oil supplements.
A possible good alternative is a flax oil blend to get the necessary Omegas. One such option to check out is Udos Choice Oil Blend which offers a good organic source oil blend.

Hope this info helps

TM
www.AmpedNutrition.com

Back